Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader / Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Futures / 0dte
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 89
Thanks Received: 122

Wanted to create a thread to discuss the new platform that online simulation proprietary trading firm TopStep just released this week called TopStepX.

This is custom built trading platform that is designed and coded by white label service company https://www.sim2fundedsolutions.com/. TopStep appears to be their first client (not sure if there is any connection between the two companies). I am using this platform because I got a few free accounts for being a part of their beta program, and they seem to be heavily promoting it so new accounts are regularly under $25. Overall its decent as a low cost prop platform, but its currently lacking some features.

The Good
For the pluses I have found so far, overall I would say the platform is slick and modern looking.

It has integrated tradingview charts with some trading on the charts, and custom DOM and execution engine. It appears that as of right now their execution and fills are provided by Plus500, as in the data feed (via Cunningham Trading Systems CTS datafeed). One benefit of this arrangement is that if you pay for the full book view ($39/month) you get full MBO depth so you get 100 levels (not just the 10 levels that a MBP data feed like CGQ provides). The executions and data have had a few bumps during the beta I was a part of, but they usually are not there except for high volatility times (like FOMC or MAG7 earnings). Overall I would rate the lag and data speed the same if not better than Tradovate/Ninja, and for what its worth I am on a fiber connection.

I do like the auto stop and take profit values that you can set, and orders are automatically placed on entry of a new order. Additions to the position keep the originating target and stops, so if I have a take profit set at 20 points away, and enter more when price is now 10 points away from that spot, the additional contracts will also have the same take profit (20 points from original entry), I really like this feature because it works well with my trading strategies. Adjust orders is easy on the DOM and chart by clicking and draging, and creating new stops/take profits from a fresh position is also just a click and drag (if you don't want use order entry screen or DOM)

They have some other features day traders might be interested in like manual lock-out for a day (to prevent overtrading or accidental trading in wrong account after hitting targets), copy trading, auto placed stop and profit orders, data speed controls, hide info / streamer mode, daily stats and p/l dashboard, and alert controls

They seem to care about user feedback, and are responding to requests but it is taking quite a bit for new features (probably because S2F has to do all the coding, so its easy to promise something when you arent the one doing it). They have a website where you can see what they are working on with planned release dates and submit new ideas you want to see. https://s2f.featurebase.app/

The Novel
They actually show you some of trader data they see, in what they call the tilt. It aggregates XFA (the sim funded traders only, not live traders) data in a live updating panel that shows how many people are in profit, % long/short, and avg entry prices.

The Disappointing
While the charting is based on TradingView, its not the full experience you get on their website. They appear to be using the "embedded" version of TradingView libraries, which lack the wide user-generated content and the pine script editor (https://www.tradingview.com/charting-library-docs/latest/custom_studies/). This means any indicator must be custom-coded by S2F and released to the website, there is no way for users to create a custom indicator, or modify and current one beyond the basic formating tools available.

Advanced ordering types are also something that not here yet, but on its way. OCO and other more complex order types are simply not possible.

---

Let me know if have anyone has any questions about it or wants to see more screenshots!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Brendt Skorupinsky
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Is there a way to simulate CONTINUOUS CONTRACT?
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator based on Level2 data
NinjaTrader
Has anyone taken The Confident Trader course from aheadc …
Trading Reviews and Vendors

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
91 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
73 thanks
Winning attitudes create winning traders
39 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
32 thanks
Topstep experience and review
28 thanks
 jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

And of course they just had a massive outage this morning. Too many users with too many orders appeared to overload their server. They did make it right by removing any losing trade or account breach because of this outage though.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 NoNickname 
Denver, CO, USA

Experience: Advanced
Trading: Most types
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 1

jlabtrades View Post
And of course they just had a massive outage this morning. Too many users with too many orders appeared to overload their server. They did make it right by removing any losing trade or account breach because of this outage though.

Thank you for this thread. Is it puely browser-based, or is there some kind of download needed [instead or also]? Also, is it open to current topstep combine users?

Longtime trader.
Thanked by:
 jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

NoNickname View Post
Thank you for this thread. Is it puely browser-based, or is there some kind of download needed [instead or also]? Also, is it open to current topstep combine users?

They just released it to everyone, before it was in a closed beta. Code topstepx is their launch promo code (until Monday I think, its listed on their homepage) which gets you a 50k account for $19.

Its web only right now with no option for a desktop download. A dedicated mobile app is "in the works" but they haven't announced a launch date (EOY maybe?)

Thanked by:
 sevensa 
Singapore, Singapore

Platform: Sierra Chart/IB, NT, TS
Trading: NQ, Weekly Options
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 53
Thanks Received: 100

I figured I'd give it a try with their large discount and signed up for one account. I've kicked the tires a little on Friday, but found it a bit cumbersome to trade unless I miss some settings or features, which is probably more likely. Do you perhaps know the following:

Can you trade straight from the chart, other than have to right click to place the trades? I find this a bit cumbersome to have to right click as it prevents you from getting in quickly.

Are the bracket orders only possible to set in dollar terms and this is set for all symbols and charts? I do not want to same dollar brackets for a 1 minute chart than I have for a 15 minute chart, but the setting seems to be universal for all charts. Would be nice to have the ATM functionality from Ninjatrader and the capability to set different brackets for different charts.

Thanked by:
 jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

sevensa View Post
I figured I'd give it a try with their large discount and signed up for one account. I've kicked the tires a little on Friday, but found it a bit cumbersome to trade unless I miss some settings or features, which is probably more likely. Do you perhaps know the following:

Can you trade straight from the chart, other than have to right click to place the trades? I find this a bit cumbersome to have to right click as it prevents you from getting in quickly.

Are the bracket orders only possible to set in dollar terms and this is set for all symbols and charts? I do not want to same dollar brackets for a 1 minute chart than I have for a 15 minute chart, but the setting seems to be universal for all charts. Would be nice to have the ATM functionality from Ninjatrader and the capability to set different brackets for different charts.

There is no way on the chart besides right clicking that I know of. I also added the order module which has big place order buttons, and there are also buttons on the DOM for market orders if thats what you are looking for.

Yeah it looks like the brackets are a global setting (can’t be setup per instrument). I think this is on their roadmap, but you can add it so they are aware theres interest. Having ATM and OCO would be really nice, I think they are worried about execution and order mgmt and not trying to add too much too fast, just a guess. And this is coming from the app crashing from too many people and too many orders the other day.

Thanked by:
 jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

They just released the mobile friendly version of their website last week. It’s missing some of the features of the regular website, but for my style of trading it seems to work. If you want to see examples of the new mobile screen friendly website, they have examples on their YouTube channel

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 12, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts