EMJEPSON 
London, UK

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 3

I am confused as to how to download the zip files for NinjaTrader ES 06-20 (1 of 4) (or any ES market data files for that matter). I downloaded all files (4 total files), however, the screenshots and writing explanation in the description appears to be for an older version of Windows i.e. not Windows 11. An important note is the renaming of the files , they mention adding .001 (I already have the file extension showing for file types).
Essentially, could the uploader update the description for how to extract these files for Windows 11 and/or could someone point me to a thread where this has been answered, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
MC Advanced Simulated Trading.
MultiCharts
Brendt Skorupinsky
Trading Reviews and Vendors
is there a better Trade Performance tool for NinjaTrader?
NinjaTrader
What You Know vs How much you know about it
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
HumbleTraders next chapter
47 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
45 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
41 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
26 thanks
1 Minute Man
19 thanks

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Experience: Beginner
Platform: CQG
Broker: S5
Thanks Given: 15,605
Thanks Received: 15,561

EMJEPSON View Post
I am confused as to how to download the zip files for NinjaTrader ES 06-20 (1 of 4) (or any ES market data files for that matter). I downloaded all files (4 total files), however, the screenshots and writing explanation in the description appears to be for an older version of Windows i.e. not Windows 11. An important note is the renaming of the files , they mention adding .001 (I already have the file extension showing for file types).
Essentially, could the uploader update the description for how to extract these files for Windows 11 and/or could someone point me to a thread where this has been answered, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Hi EMJEPSON

Sorry, I have no idea how Windows 11 would be any different from prior versions of Windows in this specific regard.

Can you tell me the steps you took to download the files, how, specifically, the instructions are different from the results you're obtaining, and what, if any, error messages you are getting?

Thanks

EMJEPSON 
London, UK

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response.
Market Download Help 1

1. I downloaded the 4 files

2. I renamed the files by adding, .001, .002 etc.
Example ES 03-20.7z was renamed to ES 03-20.7z.001
- In doing this, it changes the appearance of the file into a blank sheet of paper (view 1st picture)

3. I right click the .001 file and the only option available is ''compress to zip file'', so I select that option

4. The files name then changes to ''ES 003-20.7z.zip'' (view 1st picture)

5. I right click the first file and select ''extract all'' (there are no other extract options)
- This results the file changing back into a blank paper file (view 2nd picture)
Market Download Help 2

This is the only method I've tried. I have yet to try ignoring the name changes (adding .001) and just go just to ''extract all'' straight after the file download

Thanks again

Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

Hi again

Do you have 7zip installed? It is required to extract these files.

If you don't, you can download it here from this link (it's free)

https://7-zip.org/download.html

EDIT: just to clarify, with 7zip installed you should have an option to extract the files. That option would not be available if the program is not installed.

Thanked by:
 EMJEPSON 
London, UK

Hi,
I have downloaded 7zip and everything is working great. Thank you for all the help, it was greatly appreciated

Thanked by:

xplorer 
London UK
Site Moderator

EMJEPSON View Post
Hi,
I have downloaded 7zip and everything is working great. Thank you for all the help, it was greatly appreciated

Thanks for confirming, EMJEPSON.

I realised that the download instructions should say that 7zip is required. I will update the text now.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 25, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Downloads - Top
no new posts