NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

1 Minute Man

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one 1 Minute Man with 153 posts (220 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 7 posts (16 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ThemBones with 4 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 deaddog with 3 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2.3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two deaddog with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 HumbleTrader with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 1 Minute Man with 1.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 7,996 views
    2. thumb_up 259 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 175 posts
    2. attach_file 136 attachments

Search this Thread
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

Thanks Given: 155
Thanks Received: 238

I can confidently say I do not currently have the temperament to trade the Nasdaq effectively Lol
Today I did end up making a couple bucks but I decided to do a mid year review of where my trading is and where I want it to be below i have attached 6 month results.

Dow YM: This is the index I will be moving forward with in my trading I traded it and the ES very similarly but the ES I allow myself to break rules and with the Dow futures I just Oddly feel like I understand it not in a cocky or arrogant way but in a accepting risk type of a way. I treat the Nasdaq and the ES like lottery tickets and get excited and sad with the dow I stay much more process oriented which allows me to focus on improving the things I can not focusing on the P&L. No more gambling.

Looking at these results being a long only trader may be the way to go for me also

Dow Trading For the Year

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Volumetric charts
The Elite Circle
MC Advanced Simulated Trading.
MultiCharts
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
What You Know vs How much you know about it
Traders Hideout
Historical data for Kospi and Nikkei Index
NinjaTrader

HumbleTrader 
Vancouver Canada
Legendary , Always learning

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: SierraChart
Broker: IB & CQG
Trading: Oh what a tangled web I weave, When I want to take profits in trading
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Years
Thanks Given: 3,565
Thanks Received: 3,165

1 Minute Man View Post
Looking at these results being a long only trader may be the way to go for me also

Congrats and Well done for being profitable. You are already in the elite league of 5% of retail traders. The goal is to stay in the same league

I used to think I was a 'short only trader' but later realized that it was the market condition that was rewarding my preferred trading style. Obviously I learnt my lesson during the next vicious bull run. Hence, I don't think 'long only trader' mindset is helpful in the long run. It may be helpful for Investors but we are 'Traders'. Oddly, 'We are Spartans' image came to my mind whilst I was typing and that's the anti-thesis of traders. Stubborn, strong and stupid to fight the massive odds to sacrifice themselves.

The key to our success is 'adaptability' to the CURRENT market condition.

Good luck with whatever instrument you choose. I don't think it matters much as long as you are familiar with her usual dance moves.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

HumbleTrader View Post
Congrats and Well done for being profitable. You are already in the elite league of 5% of retail traders. The goal is to stay in the same league

I used to think I was a 'short only trader' but later realized that it was the market condition that was rewarding my preferred trading style. Obviously I learnt my lesson during the next vicious bull run. Hence, I don't think 'long only trader' mindset is helpful in the long run. It may be helpful for Investors but we are 'Traders'. Oddly, 'We are Spartans' image came to my mind whilst I was typing and that's the anti-thesis of traders. Stubborn, strong and stupid to fight the massive odds to sacrifice themselves.

The key to our success is 'adaptability' to the CURRENT market condition.

Good luck with whatever instrument you choose. I don't think it matters much as long as you are familiar with her usual dance moves.

Thank you I think you are right! I am going to ditch the indexes and go with commodities

COoneguy 
Porto Portugal

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Motivewave/Optimus Flow
Broker: Optimus/ AMP/ Ironbeam
Trading: es nq
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 41
Thanks Received: 59

[QUOTE=1 Minute Man;901598]Thank you I think you are right! I am going to ditch the indexes and go with commodities[/QUOTE [MENTION=167351]

1 Minute Man why the sudden switch? Which commodities? Why the jumping from YM to ES to NQ now to commodities? I'm curious of your thought process.

Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

My index bias and index hopping is strong and white I have traded dow and es profitably I believe the indexes to be a hindrance in my growth as professional trader as I have "markets go up" bias this has ne hild losers longer and occasionally add to losers ... the logical step is to remove the bias and easiest way to do that is leave the indexes

Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

1 Minute Man View Post
My index bias and index hopping is strong and white I have traded dow and es profitably I believe the indexes to be a hindrance in my growth as professional trader as I have "markets go up" bias this has ne hild losers longer and occasionally add to losers ... the logical step is to remove the bias and easiest way to do that is leave the indexes

*while

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 30, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Downloads - Top
no new posts