NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





General Newbie Type Questions


Discussion in Currencies

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Thxo with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two shodson with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sandptrader with 1 posts (3 thanks)
    4. looks_4 taufikhak with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one sandptrader with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two shodson with 1 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Zxeses with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Mario77 with 1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 5,445 views
    2. thumb_up 6 thanks given
    3. group 12 followers
    1. forum 11 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #11 (permalink)
Thxo
West Java
 
Posts: 145 since Apr 2014
Thanks Given: 143
Thanks Received: 123

Currently GA and GN is my fav pairs, bc they have the best 'cost vs daily range' ratio ...


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
2 thanks
  #12 (permalink)
 
CobblersAwls's Avatar
 CobblersAwls 
London, United Kingdom
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: N/A
Broker: Bloomberg
Trading: Energies
Posts: 310 since Jul 2014
Thanks Given: 1,089
Thanks Received: 386

Hi,

I have a newbie question that I actually thought up a long time ago but never really asked/found the answer to. It's a bit irrelevant for most of us, but still important to understand imo.

Say I am a large player in a certain futures product. I start the day by buying at $100 on the Open and keep pressing the price towards my target at $110. Say I want to exit my position at $110, so I place an iceberg order of Sell Limits there to get filled without spooking anyone, however, I need the market to continue looking strong at the $110 level so would I be able to continue buying into my own orders to encourage others to do so until I had no more orders to fill and I was flat?

Of course I would probably waste money on comms but these would be negligable due to my size and the discounts I receive. Is this what we see happening on a regular basis in products like the ES? Is it legit?

Cheers.


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote




Last Updated on December 27, 2014


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts