NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





PowerLanguage & EasyLanguage How-To's


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Gadgetman with 5 posts (1 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 3 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ccfeldt with 2 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one lieblm with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SammyD with 1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Gadgetman with 0.2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 19,937 views
    2. thumb_up 10 thanks given
    3. group 8 followers
    1. forum 14 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #11 (permalink)
 ccfeldt 
Switzerland
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: MultiCharts, TradeInterceptor
Trading: Forex
Posts: 13 since Mar 2011
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1


Big Mike View Post
I've never tried to do that. You may want to private message @MultiCharts just to confirm its possible and have them point you towards documentation.

Mike

Actually I've been meaning to update this since I've learned to do what I wanted. BarInterval and BarType_ex gives the resolution from the chart or market scanner.

I'll post some code when I have it all together.

Have a nice weekend all!


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #12 (permalink)
 Bondi9999 
sydney, nsw, australia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, NeoTicker, Multicharts, InvestorRT
Broker: Mirus, IB, eSignal
Trading: ES, FESX, DAX, CCY
Posts: 42 since Aug 2009
Thanks Given: 57
Thanks Received: 13


Big Mike View Post
I do this in each of my strats:

 
Code
                            
inputs:

  
target1 (20);
  
stoploss (20);
vars:
  
TickSize (MinMove/PriceScale);

SetStopContract;
SetStopLoss((stoploss * TickSize) * BigPointValue);
SetProfitTarget((target1 * TickSize) * BigPointValue); 
Hope it helps.

Mike

Hi Mike,

A couple of questions please:

1. Do these orders provide for visible orders (OCO stop loss and profit target) on the chart trader with MC7 or the DOM...that can then be adjusted?

2. I am building a strategy that trades multiple contracts. I have got to the point (thanks to George Pruitt's book) where I am achieving variable contract size based on risk. Now what i would like to be able to do is manage the multiple contracts with separate exit orders similar in a way i could do it with Ninja ATM. Could you point me in the direction of some example code and then I can work form there? I've Googled but can't find anything.

Many thanks

Bondi9999


Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)
 
kami's Avatar
 kami 
kuala lumpur, Malaysia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Python
Broker: Oanda,IB,Lmax
Trading: FOREX
Posts: 31 since Mar 2011
Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 10



Big Mike View Post
I've never tried to do that. You may want to private message @MultiCharts just to confirm its possible and have them point you towards documentation.

Mike


i think it can be done to code indicator at radar.. as i found something like that at fibozachi.com for multicharts


Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)
 lieblm 
Prague, Czech Republic
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ThinkOrSwim, IB TWS, MetaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: Stocks, Options
Posts: 1 since Feb 2011
Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

Hello, I hope this is relevant place to put this question.
I am new to MCh PowerLanguage and plan to test a simple strategy. For that I need to determine if the next day is a particular day.
I know how to test for a current day:
if (DayOfTheWeek(Date)=Wednesday) ...
or
if (DayOfTheMonth(Date)=1) ...
However, I'd need something to test for the very next day. Is there any proper way how to code it in PowerLanguage? The Date+1 is obviously not the way out..
Thank you, any response is appreciated!

Martin

EDIT (an hour later ):
got it!
nextday = JulianToDate(DateToJulian(Date) + 1);


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #15 (permalink)
 SammyD 
Salt Lake City, Utah
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation
Trading: Forex
Posts: 72 since Feb 2011
Thanks Given: 274
Thanks Received: 36


Gadgetman View Post
I have an idea I may end up having to monitor the current profit somehow and send a sell or buytocover order when the profit is hit.

I don't know if you figured this out already but the reserved word "openpositionprofit" might help


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on March 14, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts