NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Sierra Chart TPO users


Discussion in Sierra Chart

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one CenFlo with 5 posts (9 thanks)
    2. looks_two skann with 3 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 3 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SierraChart with 2 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two CenFlo with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 SierraChart with 1.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Rrrracer with 1.3 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 17,346 views
    2. thumb_up 28 thanks given
    3. group 10 followers
    1. forum 21 posts
    2. attach_file 3 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #11 (permalink)
 
SBtrader82's Avatar
 SBtrader82   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 586 since Feb 2018
Thanks Given: 222
Thanks Received: 1,335


Big Mike View Post
I'm curious to know how many of you guys are using the TPO features of Sierra Chart?

I haven't had time to play with them much yet. I tried following the directions on their site, and I wanted to create a 30 minute TPO chart of CL. Even though my chart was using 30-minute bars, and I specified 30 on the interval in the study, it kept loading a 1 minute chart as soon as I hit applied. I'm a novice at SC so I'll try again, I no doubt made a mistake somewhere.

I'll try again later using ES, since using TPO on CL probably won't be very useful.

But in general, how do you guys find the TPO in SC? I read they recently made a lot of enhancements to it.

Mike

I am using TPO charts for everything /GC, /CL and /ES and they are extremely useful. I usually put TPO and VBP (Volume By price) on the same chart, so that for every TPO profile I have a VBP profile, I find it extremely useful. It took me several month to customize Sierra as I wanted, but I must say it's amazing.
I think TPO are in general very useful to have a strategic understanding of what is happening in the market. Sierra allow to personalize TPO chart in any possible way.
In particular I split TPO profiles between pit sessions and overnigh markets hours.


Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #12 (permalink)
 skann 
California
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, TOS, Sierra
Trading: ES, SPY Options
Posts: 55 since Jun 2013
Thanks Given: 345
Thanks Received: 28


CenFlo View Post
There a quite a few posts here at NexusFi on market profile and usage of TPO based charts.

If you check the Elite members downloads, I have personally uploaded a market profile (TPO) study for SC, actually more than one.

Edit: I plan on uploading the MP chart that I am using currently as I've made some changes.

Thats great and will check for the SC template for TPO.

I did checked in the downloads section for sierrachart and dont find it. Can you please post here....


Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)
 skann 
California
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, TOS, Sierra
Trading: ES, SPY Options
Posts: 55 since Jun 2013
Thanks Given: 345
Thanks Received: 28



SamJames View Post
I am using TPO charts for everything /GC, /CL and /ES and they are extremely useful. I usually put TPO and VBP (Volume By price) on the same chart, so that for every TPO profile I have a VBP profile, I find it extremely useful. It took me several month to customize Sierra as I wanted, but I must say it's amazing.
I think TPO are in general very useful to have a strategic understanding of what is happening in the market. Sierra allow to personalize TPO chart in any possible way.
In particular I split TPO profiles between pit sessions and overnigh markets hours.

Thanks and can you please post the SC template here for TPO


Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)
 
Rrrracer's Avatar
 Rrrracer 
On the road
Trading Nomad
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Posts: 2,512 since Feb 2017
Thanks Given: 17,587
Thanks Received: 9,759

Personally (and this is just me lol) I fail to see the value of TPO versus volume profile. I would love to hear countering opinions


Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #15 (permalink)
 
CenFlo's Avatar
 CenFlo 
Tampa FL
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: None
Platform: TOS/TradingView
Broker: TDA
Trading: Equities/Cryptos
Posts: 644 since Apr 2016
Thanks Given: 830
Thanks Received: 961


skann View Post
Thats great and will check for the SC template for TPO.

I did checked in the downloads section for sierrachart and dont find it. Can you please post here....

I do believe that the powers that be here at NexusFi changed it so you can longer upload chart files to individual posts, at least from what I recall.

It's in the ELITE CIRCLE download section, I just went there recently and it's there.

Here's a direct link to Page 4:

https://nexusfi.com/download/vip_elite_circle/page-1.html&page=4

Here's my most recent version that I'll be uploading here shortly:


You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretsky
Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #16 (permalink)
 
CenFlo's Avatar
 CenFlo 
Tampa FL
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: None
Platform: TOS/TradingView
Broker: TDA
Trading: Equities/Cryptos
Posts: 644 since Apr 2016
Thanks Given: 830
Thanks Received: 961


Rrrracer View Post
Personally (and this is just me lol) I fail to see the value of TPO versus volume profile. I would love to hear countering opinions

There are plenty of people that feel this way and I get it. MP is what I learned first and I feel it has its place in the toolbox. I lean more towards VP now and I use both side by side on my MP/VP dedicated chart (see above post).

That being said, on my main chart in my charting platform, it has VP only and I feel it's of much more use in the shorter term. When doing mid-longer term analysis, I tend to use MP more, but VP has it's place especially in terms of overall volume, LVN's / HVN's, composites and the like, which extends of the usage of VP to much higher time frame(s).


You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretsky
Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #17 (permalink)
 
CenFlo's Avatar
 CenFlo 
Tampa FL
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: None
Platform: TOS/TradingView
Broker: TDA
Trading: Equities/Cryptos
Posts: 644 since Apr 2016
Thanks Given: 830
Thanks Received: 961

Updated MP/VP chartbook has been uploaded to the Elite Circle downloads section.


You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretsky
Follow me on X Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #18 (permalink)
 
Rrrracer's Avatar
 Rrrracer 
On the road
Trading Nomad
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Posts: 2,512 since Feb 2017
Thanks Given: 17,587
Thanks Received: 9,759


CenFlo View Post
When doing mid-longer term analysis, I tend to use MP more, but VP has it's place especially in terms of overall volume, LVN's / HVN's, composites and the like, which extends of the usage of VP to much higher time frame(s).

Cool. I'm not strictly a VP trader but I do use it, I usually have a daily up on my intraday charts along with a weekly/monthly/quarterly on their appropriate timeframes. I'd be interested to hear how you decide to form a composite; I had thought about looking at a previous swing H/L but... maybe info overkill in my case


Follow me on X Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #19 (permalink)
 
CenFlo's Avatar
 CenFlo 
Tampa FL
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: None
Platform: TOS/TradingView
Broker: TDA
Trading: Equities/Cryptos
Posts: 644 since Apr 2016
Thanks Given: 830
Thanks Received: 961


Rrrracer View Post
Cool. I'm not strictly a VP trader but I do use it, I usually have a daily up on my intraday charts along with a weekly/monthly/quarterly on their appropriate timeframes. I'd be interested to hear how you decide to form a composite; I had thought about looking at a previous swing H/L but... maybe info overkill in my case

Here's VP on a daily, just gives me a idea of total Vol based on the 1st trading day of the year to present.


You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Wayne Gretsky
Follow me on X Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)
 
GarySeven's Avatar
 GarySeven 
Chino Valley AZ
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: Emini ES
Posts: 8 since Aug 2019
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 4


TPO is good for showing levels.


Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ef6e87b9ee34aff87fb2b6ca77b65e7d.png
Views:	516
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	271445  
Reply With Quote




Last Updated on October 3, 2019


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts