NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





What are Your Rules?


Discussion in Psychology and Money Management

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one tpredictor with 4 posts (11 thanks)
    2. looks_two xplorer with 3 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 tgiann3 with 3 posts (5 thanks)
    4. looks_4 suko with 2 posts (3 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one iantg with 8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bwasi with 5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 tpredictor with 2.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 tgiann3 with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 8,510 views
    2. thumb_up 51 thanks given
    3. group 13 followers
    1. forum 21 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #21 (permalink)
stopnlimits
Chicago, IL
 
Posts: 29 since Mar 2011
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 7

In the past I had such an issue with money management (insert crying face). I finally saved some monies from my losses I incurred a few years back that I can start investing in the futures market because I have been a day trader in the past and I'm definitely excited to get back in. I'm going to start implementing some kind of loss limit that I can stomach daily and once I reach that I'm done. No more emo trading because I was such an emo trader in the past!


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
EA
Platforms and Indicators
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #22 (permalink)
JeffNLisa
Apple Valley, CA
 
Posts: 7 since May 2018
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1


tgiann3 View Post
So today I got smacked. Haha. In a month or two I will forget about the money, but the bruise to my ego and the lessons will stick. . . . . . .

What rules did you come up with after you got crushed?

To never trade without a fixed stoploss.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on June 26, 2018


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts