|
Sumy, Ukraine
Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Posts: 59 since Apr 2019
Thanks Given: 113
Thanks Received: 105
|
Many journals on this site were abandoned, and I always wonder what happen to OP, does he still trade?
As for me I'm still on SIM fighting for consistency. And I take 1 live trade every month because force me to do so.
Or I get $20 fee which is stupid. I've traded like 4-5 months this year.
Still fighting my demons:
— ranges - much better that it was year ago.
I learned to pay attention to previous H/L.
I know where I can take trade and when it's better to wait.
But breakouts is still confusing.
Is it gonna be breakout pullback and new trend or it's just failure?
I think ranges are the hardest thing to trade.
— psychology (anxiety, fear of loss) - better than it was.
I have meditated everyday since August. 10-15 min. It helps a lot with anxiety.
Still have doubts in my ability to trade. Especially if have losing streak.
Or it's hard day when I don't understand what's going on.
Big winner sometimes on other side can make me happy. Which is bad. Still a lot work to do.
I read The Daily Trading Coach: 101 Lessons for Becoming Your Own Trading Psychologist
The best his book so far. He explains hard things simple and gives simple solutions. Much better than other his books. I should reread it.
— missed signals - still horrible.
Even though I perform much better I still everyday find excuses to skip 60% of my setups.
"Oh this risky, oh it's to close to previous high, this bar is bad" etc.
Those missed setups would change my statistic significantly.
Not even close to what I actually have.
And obviously there is no consistency if I take today this setup and tomorrow skip it.
The problem isn't psychology as I thought earlier.
I improved it, and nothing really changes with missed signals.
The problem is the rules of my method.
I went back in time years ago and looked at my old backtests, when I just started.
Here I use one single indicator and take every signal. Got some drawdown, less than 15% but still doing well.
Here I use one single pattern and again take every trade. Small drawdown but the problem is 5 signals/month on average.
Those rules are simple - clear logic like it's some kind of flowchart. If x then y. But they worked.
Sure, some of them struggled with range market and that why 60% of them I skipped.
I knew nothing about price action and all that kind of stuff. I just would be consistent with entries and exits.
But this transformation from backtesting to sim didn't go well.
I though "I need 1 more test to be sure" and "1 more" and "oh this method doesn't look good anymore, I need a new one" etc.
I don't know how many methods I skipped, but two of them was actually amazing. Too bad they for stocks which I can't trade.
And after all those years I'm discretionary price action trader who is looking for consistency with his entries.
It's kinda funny how I ended up when I started. Like really? I spent years and still didn't get it.
It's hard to accept this fact but it's true.
I learn price action for like 1.5 years. I understand every setup but doubts still here when it comes to enter.
Bc rules are murky, there is too much context. My method currently has 12 setups and 2 pages of rules.
I saw every setup at least a thousand times but when it comes to enter most of the times I will find a reason to skip.
Because context always has something.
And to be honest I already hate this method. Discretionary destroys me emotionally. It's too much pressure.
All I do is redraw my trendlines all day long. And guessing why market turned here and there.
"Bar by bar analysis". No, enough. I'm tired of this BS.
I wanna simple method with clear mechanic rules. Like a flowchart. And much less discretionary.
I want to be bricklayer. Same trades everyday. W/o overthinking and putting pressure on me. Let the rules trade for me.
|