NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting

Discussion in Feedback and Announcements

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2,208 posts (3,947 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 257 posts (494 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 232 posts (387 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 99 posts (109 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 2,510,468 views
    2. thumb_up 6,399 thanks given
    3. group 168 followers
    1. forum 3,973 posts
    2. attach_file 577 attachments

Search this Thread
Symple
Zuerich / Switzerland

Thanks Given: 1,345
Thanks Received: 2,342

Eubie View Post
If he started acting this weird only laterly, maybe something was happening in his life and he was just venting here. Like illness, death of a loved one ... some people are not good at dealing with emotions, maybe he lives alone ... freaking out because of one ad per page is just abnormal. Doesnt mean such behavior should be tolerated.

Well, it looks like drifted too far off the path at the end. A path that he had previously followed very confidently and successfully for so many years.

I can understand that some of the changes in the forum rubbed him up the wrong way. But I don't know why things ended up the way they did. It didn't have to be.

But to spread personal speculations about his private life here is wrong and inappropriate, as the man has shown many people here over the years in his own way how to do pure futures trading.

If is still reading the forum, I would like to tell him that I wish him all the best for his future, despite my clear understanding for 's decision.

I have always enjoyed looking into your thread and it has always made me happy when you have won. Wish you a good life in old age with this money, if you haven't touched it by then, and take care of yourself and your special feelings.

All the best from the Swiss from Zurich.

Symple

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Elite Trader Funding, Avoid?
Funded Trading Evaluation Firms
MC Advanced Simulated Trading.
MultiCharts
Radarscreen
TradeStation
tick data interval discrepancy
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
65 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
54 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
43 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
23 thanks
1 Minute Man
21 thanks
 Eubie 
Prague, Czech republic

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader/ZF
Trading: ES, TF
Thanks Given: 321
Thanks Received: 101

Symple View Post
Well, it looks like drifted too far off the path at the end. A path that he had previously followed very confidently and successfully for so many years.

I can understand that some of the changes in the forum rubbed him up the wrong way. But I don't know why things ended up the way they did. It didn't have to be.

But to spread personal speculations about his private life here is wrong and inappropriate, as the man has shown many people here over the years in his own way how to do pure futures trading.

If is still reading the forum, I would like to tell him that I wish him all the best for his future, despite my clear understanding for 's decision.

I have always enjoyed looking into your thread and it has always made me happy when you have won. Wish you a good life in old age with this money, if you haven't touched it by then, and take care of yourself and your special feelings.

All the best from the Swiss from Zurich.

Symple

Hey ,

wasnt trying to offend him, quite on the contrary - his reaction seems irrational to me, people (including me) tend to act irrationally when they are under pressure so by saying "maybe something was happening in his life and he vented here" is more compassionate than saying "the dude lost it".

I understand pouring thousands of hours into posts with the aim of helping others makes a person attached to the forum in a very special way. But at the same time, having seen some of his posts from the last month or two, I just do not understand what was pissing him so much. I know he started voicing some disapproval when the MC thread started and that was already before the ads reappeared.

Daniel

P.S. On second thought, you're right. My reaction was inapproriate. His motives are his and are none of my business. On the other hand, the deleted thread willl now be either extra work for the mods or there will be many links/mentions throughout the forum that lead to nowhere - all because of "an ad". By doing what he did, he made his perceived loss a real one, as all the time he pushed into wrtiting the journal have just become partially wasted.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,354
Thanks Received: 101,986

I originally had same thoughts. Like he had a bad day or big loss or etc. That happens to everyone. But he just kept coming and kept complaining about everything. The legal threat was final straw for me.

Join the free Markets Chat beta: Real-time Trading Insights

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader / Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Futures / 0dte
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 101
Thanks Received: 128

With the increase of popularity and use of online prop firms, not sure if you wanted to create a dedicated forum / channel for discussion and review of these instead of having them in the "real / personal" broker review section. Just a thought

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

jlabtrades View Post
With the increase of popularity and use of online prop firms, not sure if you wanted to create a dedicated forum / channel for discussion and review of these instead of having them in the "real / personal" broker review section. Just a thought

Is "prop firm" really the best/accurate description?

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

Big Mike View Post
Is "prop firm" really the best/accurate description?

While the companies of today dont operate exactly the same as in person prop firms of days in the past, they definitely offer the same outcome with similar inputs. You can take home real money by trading with someone else’s capital.

How they operate, how they allow you to trade, and how they make money is no doubt different than before, but I think they still fall under the prop firm umbrella.

My comment was more trying to get at how there is a big increase in these companies, and they offer a fundamentally different product compared to those trading their own money, so it might make sense breaking up the two categories. If I’m looking for sierra chart or other future day trading brokerage reviews, I dont want to be swimming in sim prop firm reviews and complaints

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

jlabtrades View Post
While the companies of today dont operate exactly the same as in person prop firms of days in the past, they definitely offer the same outcome with similar inputs. You can take home real money by trading with someone else’s capital.

How they operate, how they allow you to trade, and how they make money is no doubt different than before, but I think they still fall under the prop firm umbrella.

My comment was more trying to get at how there is a big increase in these companies, and they offer a fundamentally different product compared to those trading their own money, so it might make sense breaking up the two categories. If I’m looking for sierra chart or other future day trading brokerage reviews, I dont want to be swimming in sim prop firm reviews and complaints

I agree with your idea, it's just a matter on settling on the right categorization

Help me out. Find a dozen of these and report back what they call themselves. You can also start that review thread which I'll place in the new category.

Thanked by:
 jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

Big Mike View Post
I agree with your idea, it's just a matter on settling on the right categorization

Help me out. Find a dozen of these and report back what they call themselves. You can also start that review thread which I'll place in the new category.

Day trader simulation funding ?
Online simulated account funding programs?

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Thanks Given: 57,771
Thanks Received: 26,365

jlabtrades View Post
Day trader simulation funding ?
Online simulated account funding programs?

I would say they are not simply simulated trading, since you can graduate to live market funding, which is the stated goal. There has been an enormous amount of interest recently because you can get paid for no-risk simulated "trading", and that seems to have excited some pure gambling behavior and attempts by "traders" to game the system with highly risky tactics, but this payment from sim trading is a pretty recent development in the industry, and is not what they traditionally have done. (Opinions about what is going on vary , which is part of the controversies around them. ) Theoretically, the paid sim part of someone's experience with them should be a fairly small part of their involvement with the firm, on the way to becoming a live-account trader, assuming they make it that far.

At least in their narrative, they are providing a way to prove you can trade and then get funded for live trading. In the end, this is similar to the older style prop firms, but there are also differences in their operation, so it may be worthwhile to use different terminology for them.

So perhaps something like "Funded Trading Companies" or "Funded Trading Evaluation Firms" would be a better way to put it.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:
 jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

bobwest View Post
I would say they are not simply simulated trading, since you can graduate to live market funding, which is the stated goal. There has been an enormous amount of interest recently because you can get paid for no-risk simulated "trading", and that seems to have excited some pure gambling behavior and attempts by "traders" to game the system with highly risky tactics, but this payment from sim trading is a pretty recent development in the industry, and is not what they traditionally have done. (Opinions about what is going on vary , which is part of the controversies around them. ) Theoretically, the paid sim part of someone's experience with them should be a fairly small part of their involvement with the firm, on the way to becoming a live-account trader, assuming they make it that far.

At least in their narrative, they are providing a way to prove you can trade and then get funded for live trading. In the end, this is similar to the older style prop firms, but there are also differences in their operation, so it may be worthwhile to use different terminology for them.

So perhaps something like "Funded Trading Companies" or "Funded Trading Evaluation Firms" would be a better way to put it.

Bob.

Good points! If you are taking votes mine is for "Funded Trading Evaluation Firms"

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 24, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Downloads - Top
no new posts