NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review

Discussion in Funded Trading Evaluation Firms

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one VirtualMark with 114 posts (96 thanks)
    2. looks_two planetkill with 42 posts (36 thanks)
    3. looks_3 jlabtrades with 39 posts (21 thanks)
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 36 posts (29 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 4.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Howard Roark with 3.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Baudo with 2.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 VirtualMark with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 173,590 views
    2. thumb_up 874 thanks given
    3. group 99 followers
    1. forum 588 posts
    2. attach_file 26 attachments

Search this Thread
 RobWa 
Seattle, WA

Platform: NinjaTrader8
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 1

Am working on a new strategy with these guys....Basically going to go full port on certain futures with limit orders on the 250k account and try to get past their "1 day" to pass offer. I do OK scalping 2-5 contracts but its a slow grind I just want to get behind me. So far, hitting good moves between 6pm and midnight PST. Max win without blowing the trial so far has been $8000 paper trading 27 contracts. Am going to back off qty at this point and try 10-12 contracts with a 65 tick SL to start and take profit at 132 ticks. there are overnight moves to support this method. Once in a PA account will trade max 10 contracts until I'm well past the drawdown. Anyone else working a strategy like this? Can think of any better way, aside from a bunch of tx in a day?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Volumetric charts
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator based on Level2 data
NinjaTrader
Help re translation of ninjascript to EL
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
84 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
53 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
42 thanks
1 Minute Man
21 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
17 thanks
 VirtualMark 
Birmingham, United Kingdom

jlabtrades View Post
I interrupted that section to say that if you are denied a payout and they want a trading session review, then you have to record your trading for a few days to show how you have a real strategy - not that you have to record all your trades and present them when asked, and that if you can’t replicate that strategy (not necessarily the money) then you lose the payout. Which sorta makes sense to me, but still a bad deal. If its gamblers they are trying to catch that dont have a real strategy then thats one way to root them out

For me, the added pressure of having someone scrutinise my trading could make me go on tilt. I don't like the idea of it at all. I'd be second guessing every entry, thinking "will they agree that this follows my usual pattern?". And the cynic in me says that it's just another way for them to deny people their payouts.

Although I was under the impression that they were doing it to stop people copy trading, as they claim this is a huge issue. I can kind of understand why they wouldn't want people copying each other, as when the lead person has a bad day, every account loses money.

VirtualMark 

RobWa View Post
Am working on a new strategy with these guys....Basically going to go full port on certain futures with limit orders on the 250k account and try to get past their "1 day" to pass offer. I do OK scalping 2-5 contracts but its a slow grind I just want to get behind me. So far, hitting good moves between 6pm and midnight PST. Max win without blowing the trial so far has been $8000 paper trading 27 contracts. Am going to back off qty at this point and try 10-12 contracts with a 65 tick SL to start and take profit at 132 ticks. there are overnight moves to support this method. Once in a PA account will trade max 10 contracts until I'm well past the drawdown. Anyone else working a strategy like this? Can think of any better way, aside from a bunch of tx in a day?

You'll probably get a payout denied, as going in max contracts just to get past the drawdown, then scaling down, is forbidden. They have said that you can start off slow, then scale up. And you can scale down after a losing day. But they don't want people scaling up just to get past the drawdown then trading small as it's a "payout strategy" and they want consistent traders.

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Thanks Given: 228
Thanks Received: 1,003

VirtualMark View Post
You'll probably get a payout denied, as going in max contracts just to get past the drawdown, then scaling down, is forbidden. They have said that you can start off slow, then scale up. And you can scale down after a losing day. But they don't want people scaling up just to get past the drawdown then trading small as it's a "payout strategy" and they want consistent traders.

Someone in another group told me that out of the thousands of traders who usually get paid, only 45 got paid this last cycle. Apex obviously has a cash flow problem. It's not about schemers and scammers. There are about a dozen good traders in this group who are with Apex. NONE of them got paid. Apex is a Ponzi scheme. And it's finally catching up with them.

VirtualMark 

phantomtrader View Post
Someone in another group told me that out of the thousands of traders who usually get paid, only 45 got paid this last cycle. Apex obviously has a cash flow problem. It's not about schemers and scammers. There are about a dozen good traders in this group who are with Apex. NONE of them got paid. Apex is a Ponzi scheme. And it's finally catching up with them.

Well that sounds worrying, but is there any proof? Are there thousands in this group that didn't get paid? And what were the reasons given to deny them?

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Thanks Given: 228
Thanks Received: 1,003

VirtualMark View Post
Well that sounds worrying, but is there any proof? Are there thousands in this group that didn't get paid? And what were the reasons given to deny them?

The group I'm in is reliable. Some of them have been with Apex for a while. That's really all I have to go on although there are a number of people on YouTube who haven't been paid. There wouldn't be such an uproar if Apex followed the same protocol as before paying people. I think they're down for the count.

Thanked by:
 VirtualMark 

phantomtrader View Post
The group I'm in is reliable. Some of them have been with Apex for a while. That's really all I have to go on although there are a number of people on YouTube who haven't been paid. There wouldn't be such an uproar if Apex followed the same protocol as before paying people. I think they're down for the count.

It does seem that way, like they'll suddenly shut up shop and disappear. This 90% off has been running for weeks now, it feels like a cash grab.

I guess time will tell, we might look back on this and laugh in a couple of years. But for the moment, the huge amount of negative reviews, forum posts etc seems to paint a picture of a failing company.

ApexTraderFunding   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 61

VirtualMark View Post

If someone didn't get paid out, there is a reason for it. Meaning we found clear proof of policy violation.
Every trader gets a notification with the reason for denial.

Everything is well explained in the videos that were posted the other day.

We are aware that many traders spread a lot of rumors or straight up lie on social media.
Lots of traders are posting their approvals on social media on a daily basis, does this get unrecognized?

Thanked by:

ApexTraderFunding   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 30
Thanks Received: 61

VirtualMark View Post
It does seem that way, like they'll suddenly shut up shop and disappear. This 90% off has been running for weeks now, it feels like a cash grab.

I guess time will tell, we might look back on this and laugh in a couple of years. But for the moment, the huge amount of negative reviews, forum posts etc seems to paint a picture of a failing company.

We are NOT going anywhere, the reason the sale has been extended multiple times is because Rithmic had major issues the last 10 days or so.
We have reset and fixed thousands of accounts to make it right.
And believe me, that is a lot of work behind the scenes.
Our growing team is working around the clock to make things right for our customers

Thanked by:
1 Minute Man
Las Vegas

Thanks Given: 135
Thanks Received: 229

ApexTraderFunding View Post
We are NOT going anywhere, the reason the sale has been extended multiple times is because Rithmic had major issues the last 10 days or so.

We have reset and fixed thousands of accounts to make it right.

And believe me, that is a lot of work behind the scenes.

Our growing team is working around the clock to make things right for our customers

The response is appreciated!

Last Updated on June 24, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Downloads - Top
no new posts