NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one VirtualMark with 109 posts (91 thanks)
    2. looks_two jlabtrades with 36 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 planetkill with 35 posts (29 thanks)
    4. looks_4 phantomtrader with 32 posts (25 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 4.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Howard Roark with 3.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Baudo with 2.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 VirtualMark with 0.8 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 162,243 views
    2. thumb_up 803 thanks given
    3. group 99 followers
    1. forum 535 posts
    2. attach_file 24 attachments

Search this Thread
VirtualMark
Birmingham, United Kingdom

Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 145

sevensa View Post
My accounts were reset by Apex just as they said.
My withdrawals are working just as they said it would if you follow the rules.
The "draconian" contract people complain about is now shown BEFORE you pay.

Good to hear that you are getting paid out, lots of others aren't. The contract is now shown before because you've already signed the updated terms the other day. People literally couldn't get onto the site unless they agreed.

sevensa View Post
Something people who actually use Apex would have known, but it seems that some of the people with the most opinions doesn't even use Apex or are asking for a friend.

Nothing to do with Apex.

sevensa View Post
If you don't like something, then don't use it. You don't have to stand on the roof-tops every day shouting about it.

Again nothing to do with Apex. I like shouting from the rooftops. 😊

sevensa View Post
And this is all I have to say and will say. I have other interests as well that I find more fulfilling to spend my time on.

Such as checking the Apex thread and telling me not to talk about Apex so much? Wow, I should be more like you, you're literally my hero. Think I'll join a car group then tell them not to talk about cars, after that I'll join a chess club and tell them not to play chess. Thanks for the life advice. 👍

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator based on Level2 data
NinjaTrader
Brendt Skorupinsky
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Radarscreen
TradeStation
Forcing plots to disappear/reappear?
NinjaTrader
Help re translation of ninjascript to EL
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
91 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
73 thanks
Winning attitudes create winning traders
39 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
32 thanks
Topstep experience and review
28 thanks

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,734
Thanks Received: 26,362

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
 sienna 
Melbourne, Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker: Ninjatrader Brokerage
Trading: Many
Frequency: Several times daily
Thanks Given: 296
Thanks Received: 131

To this long thread I'd like to add a positive reflection. Note, I have no financial interest here and no affiliate connection with Apex.

I was impacted by Apex's recent Rithmic outages and data skews, these past days/weeks.

When it first started, my trades blew up in my face, seemingly randomly. I blew my evaluation accounts and stopped, thinking I'd hit a bad patch in the market, or my game was off, big time. When I found out that there was this technical issue I decided to sit back and wait

Apex restored my Eval accounts a few days later, to the same balance, before my disaster day. I waited another couple of days, thinking this issue was solved (naively without checking with them), went back in and the disaster repeated itself. This time I was off my game for sure, trading whilst feeling very unwell. Not a technical Rithmic issue.

A few days later Apex seemed to have resolved the tech glitches and to my surprise again restored my Eval accounts to the same balance level. In addition (although I cannot verify this), I am in a discord trader's room, (vendor is unimportant here). One trader had a similar experience to mine, including in a PA account. That PA account was restored to same balance level, prior to the technical difficulties.

Ok, one could say that these technical issues should not happen and one could speculate endlessly. My intention here is to simply say that in the end, I experienced excellent customer service.

VirtualMark

sienna View Post
Ok, one could say that these technical issues should not happen and one could speculate endlessly. My intention here is to simply say that in the end, I experienced excellent customer service.

Yes, my friend's Tradovate accounts were also restored in the end. It seems that they have done the right thing this time, good to know yours got restored too. Could you keep us updated when you get to a payout?

Some people on here think I hate Apex, but to be honest I just want to get to the bottom of what's going on, and read as many experiences as I can. Lots of people have spent a considerable amount of money with Apex, so IMO they should be scrutinised and held accountable. After all, it's ok for them to scrutinise our trading, so why shouldn't they be under the spotlight when they have so much more responsibility over people's lives?

These firms literally have the power to change people's lives for the better or the worse. On one hand you could spend your lives savings and even rent money on them, and get nothing back due either to poor trading, or to their rules, or even to them not honouring their end of the deal. And on the other hand, you could have 20 accounts and earn more money in a week than most people do in a year.

Thanked by:

phantomtrader 
Reno, Nevada
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ZN, ZB, CL
Frequency: Daily
Thanks Given: 226
Thanks Received: 998

VirtualMark View Post
The issue I have is that these problems are so frequent with Apex. You can have issues on both Tradovate and Rithmic, and the thing with Tradovate in particular is that it's web based. You can set an order and then turn your computer completely off, and the order will still be triggered and your stop or TP will still be hit. So whilst NinjaTrader can suffer from issues at your end, Tradovate should not.

They should invest in more server capacity if that's the issue. I would imagine they have a huge spike in users when they run these 90% off promotions, so the right thing to do is to plan their server capacity in advance.

I have never had these issues on Tradovate in a live account. And we're not talking about normal volatility spikes here, I've seen it where my friend literally could not exit a trade for about 2 minutes. It ran right through their stop, put them in a huge loss, they clicked exit and cancel, they tried to flatten their account, they got their camera and took photos and videos(yet they had that much time!), and the result was Apex saying platform issues are their fault, despite Discord blowing up at the time and numerous others speaking out.

As for their rules, that's exactly the point, they are messy and unclear and there has been a recent uptick in enforcement, with people being denied payments en masse. It's good to hear that you and your friends are still getting paid, believe it or not I want to hear that.

And I'll say this to you, and to anyone else that tries to discourage me from speaking out on the issues I and my friends have faced with Apex - I will say what I want, as often as I want, whenever I want. This is the discussion thread for Apex, I have not made any personal attacks(unlike some others), and I will continue to report on it. If you or anyone else doesn't want to read about them, then please stop commenting. Do not try to discourage me from discussing a company on a discussion forum, in a thread set up for that particular company.

Apex themselves have a policy of banning users who speak out in their forums, I don't like it as they are trying to control the narrative. And to be honest, it feels like some people here are indoctrinated into a cult.

Apex is running a mini dictatorship. This lady, who has a large following on Discord, has made a number of videos on the Apex debacle. Apex has used every excuse under the sun to deny payouts. People lauding Apex need a reality check. Here it is:
[yt]https://www.youtube.com/@FuturesTradingwithKellyAnn[/yt]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KA.PNG
Views:	24
Size:	390.5 KB
ID:	340370  
Thanked by:
VirtualMark

phantomtrader View Post
Apex is running a mini dictatorship. This lady, who has a large following on Discord, has made a number of videos on the Apex debacle. Apex has used every excuse under the sun to deny payouts. People lauding Apex need a reality check. Here it is:

Wow... just wow. This is everything I've been saying and more. Good to see some quotes on there from their lovely Discord people, who rule with an iron fist and ban anyone who has any issue whatsoever:

Quoting 
no reason to lose trading days: if you request payout and stop trading that shows a red flag and you should not be requesting if you are that scared to blow an account or leaving yourself that small of a cushion! Clear sign of an issue and not doing something right

So you can't even stop trading while waiting for a payout, as that in itself is enough to disqualify you from getting paid. 🤯

Lets think about this for a minute: You buy your account, trade it, fail a few time and eventually pass. You read the long winded PA contract, pay the fee, you read all the rules that are spread out over several pages, trade your 10 days, you don't hit the live trailing drawdown and keep your targets small, you don't go over the 30% consistency rule, you don't break the contract size consistency rule, you don't trade near any news events, you don't trade near the morning open, you don't DCA, you don't flip contracts, you use no more than a 4:1 risk reward ratio, you film yourself trading, you write down your reasons for each and every trade in case they ask... I think that covers everything? You get your account up to $3000 on a $50k account, so past the $2600 threshold for a payout. You even trade the 11th day so as not to leave a gap in trading days while you wait for the payout window to open.

You request your payout, and stop trading as it goes to "review" status. You don't want to do anything to mess up your payout, and you think that you have navigated all of the carefully placed mines that Apex has kindly left scattered around to "help" your trading journey. You wait for several slow painful days, and on the last possible evening, you get an email saying "DENIED". Why? Because you stopped trading while they reviewed your account.

Wow... I really don't know what to say about this one.

The bit at the beginning got me too, I've mentioned this before. If they put you on "probation for scamming" (Translation: using a consistently profitable strategy that they don't like) then you are not allowed to complain about it at all.

Quoting 
This decision is final, and this offer is not open for discussion or negotiation. Any complaint, dispute, disagreement, objection, disclosure of this offer, discussion of this offer, private or public, disclosure in Social Media rooms or platforms or communication, accusation, threats, slander, threats, posts, public criticism of Apex simply enforcing the terms of the contract will result in the offer being immediately terminated and rescinded. This will result in immediate closure and forfeiture of all accounts and balances.

Thanked by:
 shokunin 
Manchester, United Kingdom

Broker: Amp Futures, Apex Trader Funding, Earn2Trade, Topstep
Trading: ES
Frequency: Many times daily
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 185

I want to give a heads-up on the Apex DCA rule.

My recent payout request of $22k was denied due to DCA.

All my trades are logged on my journal at https://ticks-in-flow.blogspot.com/ where I have documented my entries, exits and trade reason. You can see I have never been in more than 2 positions at any time, and I have actively managed risk on all trades exactly as Apex videos have asked.

I'm proud of my trading over the past few weeks and I'm absolutely gutted my payout has been denied.

After chatting with Apex mods in Discord, it seems the actual rule is now "You can only make one execution while in a losing position". So this means it is not possible to enter a longer term position, and scalp order flow while waiting.

I'm even more gutted to learn that if I exited my position only to re-enter immediately with double size (which is effectively the same thing), my payout would have been approved.

Hopefully my experience will help others not make the same mistake. The "one execution" rule has been added recently, and while Apex have always made it clear they don't want DCA, this specific wording was not there when I signed my PA agreements with them. I don't believe my trades would have fallen foul of the original DCA requirements.

VirtualMark

shokunin View Post
I want to give a heads-up on the Apex DCA rule.

My recent payout request of $22k was denied due to DCA.

All my trades are logged on my journal at https://ticks-in-flow.blogspot.com/ where I have documented my entries, exits and trade reason. You can see I have never been in more than 2 positions at any time, and I have actively managed risk on all trades exactly as Apex videos have asked.

I'm proud of my trading over the past few weeks and I'm absolutely gutted my payout has been denied.

After chatting with Apex mods in Discord, it seems the actual rule is now "You can only make one execution while in a losing position". So this means it is not possible to enter a longer term position, and scalp order flow while waiting.

I'm even more gutted to learn that if I exited my position only to re-enter immediately with double size (which is effectively the same thing), my payout would have been approved.

Hopefully my experience will help others not make the same mistake. The "one execution" rule has been added recently, and while Apex have always made it clear they don't want DCA, this specific wording was not there when I signed my PA agreements with them. I don't believe my trades would have fallen foul of the original DCA requirements.

What have they said you need to do to get paid? Can you just trade another 10 days without DCA?

jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader / Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Futures / 0dte
Thanks Given: 89
Thanks Received: 122

phantomtrader View Post

I still really want to see what the trades looked like and why Apex is denying the payouts.

Lots of people complaining isn't a great look, and that DCA retroactive definition application is bullshit, but still I want to see some of these trades that are getting denied.

In the 20-minute video I watched from that channel there was quite a bit of name-calling and a little of unprofessional behavior but no real denial examples except for a portion of a screenshot that said some payouts were denied. The increase in the number of people being denied for adding more than once to a losing position is still very concerning, but I would like to see how far red these positions are that Apex is denying

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 shokunin 
Manchester, United Kingdom

Broker: Amp Futures, Apex Trader Funding, Earn2Trade, Topstep
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 185

jlabtrades View Post
but I would like to see how far red these positions are that Apex is denying

Here is a chart of my MAE stats.
https://ticks-in-flow.blogspot.com/2024/06/is-apex-really-looking-for-good-traders.html

I trade ES.
  • Most trades moved against me 1 tick.
  • On average, a trade moved against me 7 ticks.
  • The most a trade moved against me was 67 ticks, but this was on a day with Rithmic issues and I did not DCA on this trade.
  • The next largest drawdown experienced was 36 ticks. I was on reduced size (1 lot) due to the increase volatility at the time.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 20, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts