NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Active GeoKing - Triple Auto Swing Indicator for NT8

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Marty087 with 19 posts (92 thanks)
    2. looks_two zt379 with 10 posts (11 thanks)
    3. looks_3 shortski with 8 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Conceptzx with 7 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Marty087 with 4.8 thanks per post
    2. looks_two trendisyourfriend with 3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 zt379 with 1.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Chof with 0.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 16,017 views
    2. thumb_up 114 thanks given
    3. group 31 followers
    1. forum 52 posts
    2. attach_file 18 attachments

Search this Thread
 PCLEM64 
miami florida

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT8
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Is there a way to move the sidebar to the bottom...I have some levels I can't see with the bar in place ?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
tick data interval discrepancy
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Help re translation of ninjascript to EL
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator based on Level2 data
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
74 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
51 thanks
Winning attitudes create winning traders
39 thanks
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
36 thanks
Topstep experience and review
33 thanks
 Conceptzx   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 76

You may be able to move (right side margin) the chart over in the properties for the chart. I don't know exactly what you're looking at, just offering a possibe solution.

Leafcutter 
Munich, Germany

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader 8
Broker: IB, NT Brokerage
Trading: Futures, Stocks
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 1

Marty087 View Post
Hi Traders,

Hope you are all doing great. I'm putting together this thread so I can share some of the features and functionality of ActiveGeoKing, an indicator that I spent many years developing and improving to support my own trading. The indicator has extensive features but no documentation, so I am happy to answer questions here for anyone who sees value in using the indicator to support their trading.

GeoKing in its full version is available for anyone to download and use and can be found in the indicator download section for NT8 on this site here https://nexusfi.com/local_links.php?catid=27

What is GeoKing?

Geoking for NT8 leverages its own custom layer built on top of the zig zag indicator to automatically identify the three most relevant swings of any chart. A feature-rich toolbar allows the user to quickly shift the identified swings to their preference.

The identified swings are used to generate a wide array of technical price points based on Fibonacci retracements and extensions, as well as pivot highs and lows, floor trader pivots, 3 day balance line, market open, trendlines and corrective/impulsive measured moves from Elliot wave theory. These price points can be considered areas of higher significance for the trader to consider potential future support and resistance to occur. In my experience when multiple significant technical price points cluster together in a tight range, these can be good areas to control risk in entries for rejoining an established trend at the conclusion of a retracement.

For anyone out there that is familiar with Bryce Gilmore's book "Trading to Win", this indicator will be recognised as highly aligned with his method of trading. The indicator utilizes an XABCD marking system, also common in other methods of TA.

Inbuilt algorithms detect when price points are invalidated by market movement so as not to display irrelevant price levels wherever possible.

Reporting of price points and swing measurements are all displayed on the screen and can be toggled on and off using the toolbar for all swing degrees and price level types.

The indicator options provide an exhaustive list of configuration options for tolerances and customized ratios for the user's preference.

Who's it for?

It's for anyone that appreciates the art of tracking swings (especially in multiple degrees simultaneously) for understanding the unfolding strength/weakness and identifying significant price points relevant to changing market structure and controlled risk market entries. This indicator is for any market and any time frame.

On it's own, I think that this indicator has value if only used for the automatic swing identification for the purpose of tracking of previous highs and lows and trendlines that are in play for support and resistance. The indicator looks far back so there have been many a time where it has identified or reminded me of a far-back price point that I would have overlooked without it.

That said, once swings are actually identified, they can be used for the generation of other price points of which the indicator offers many. Geoking can be used effectively for a small spectrum of technical identification or the whole lot, whatever the trader chooses. The settings for GeoKing are all exposed to the chart template so saving the chart template means the settings will persist on reload.

This Thread

The plan is to drop in and out here as time permits to share features and uses for the indicator, post by post. If there is interest, I would be delighted to answer your questions.

Happy trading!

wow, this indicator is great! Thank you for sharing it! Are you still developing it? It would be great if you could expand on the manual a bit when you have the time and opportunity!?

Last Updated on June 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts