NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Analytic with 168 posts (249 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 59 posts (256 thanks)
    3. looks_3 goodoboy with 58 posts (25 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 51 posts (169 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Neo1 with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Analytic with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 288,671 views
    2. thumb_up 1,514 thanks given
    3. group 652 followers
    1. forum 644 posts
    2. attach_file 200 attachments

Search this Thread

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,771
Thanks Received: 26,365

CamTrader96 View Post
I know because Tinkerbell came to me in 2018 in a dream with all of Al's (and each of the trader's I named) trading records on plates of gold. 30 year for Al, 10 for each of them....

Moderator Notice
Moderator Notice

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Help re translation of ninjascript to EL
NinjaTrader
Elite Trader Funding, Avoid?
Funded Trading Evaluation Firms
Pivot Indicator based on Level2 data
NinjaTrader
Has anyone taken The Confident Trader course from aheadc …
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
46 thanks
Tao te Trade: way of the WLD
43 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
41 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
27 thanks
1 Minute Man
19 thanks

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5,296
Thanks Received: 5,045

Big Mike View Post
How exactly does one get an independent third party to audit the broker statement?

It's not hard to fake or edit PDF files. I'm genuinely wanting an answer because I need to make use of it.

I don't know how things are in the US. But unless someone from government requests for reasons like scam reporting or FIR filling or well, just Income tax department wanting to get after your case, an average Joe has no real chance of getting it.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 129
Thanks Received: 349

Big Mike View Post
How exactly does one get an independent third party to audit the broker statement?

It's not hard to fake or edit PDF files. I'm genuinely wanting an answer because I need to make use of it.

I think the only real verified way without trusting a "3rd party auditor" would be IRS Form 4506-T, to request a copy of tax returns from IRS sent to directly NexusFi. https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Analytic 
New York NY/United States

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multicharts, TS, TOS
Trading: Futures, Options, Stocks
Thanks Given: 104
Thanks Received: 309

Vinny Emini/Algobox is a textbook example of a "religious cult masquerading as a trading room and algo". Anytime you are asked/told to believe trading results without hard evidence should be a huge red flag for any serious trader. Most retail trading vendors and most financial media outlets are simply just cults where people believe things based on blind faith. The herd mentality and FOMO marketing will fool and trap a lot of people. Some members of trading forums such as this one may also repeat these same cult-like talking points. Do not believe anyone who makes profitable trading claims without proper proof no matter how compelling their arguments may appear to be.

The numbers tell the story.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 SpeculatorSeth   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1,022

It's really quite amusing after seeing one guru exposed that there's still people posting in the thread "but this guru or this guru surely must be the real deal".

My recommendation is to follow data not people.

- SpeculatorSeth
Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

Thanks Given: 362
Thanks Received: 252

Analytic View Post
I can summarize the entire trading vendor industry in one sentence:

Any trading vendor who claims to make money from trading one or more strategies and doesn't produce an independent 3rd party verified 2 year trading track record is most likely a fraud.

LOL hahahah, you are absolutely right about that.

So glad I did not buy Vinny emini stuff when I reviewed him. He was too mean of a person for me.

Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

CamTrader96 View Post
Al Brooks has never produced records like this, and he's the real deal. He's assembled a murderer's row of very successful traders who learned from him and attribute their success to him. Ali Moin Ashfari, Tim Stout, Tim Fairweather, & Rose (from his trading room who I watched kill it for months in a row day after day real-time) as examples.

People I've talked to close to who are very close to Al say he has very few losing days EVER. Al's said himself he hopes to go through an entire calendar year without a single losing day, but hasn't done it yet. He often talks of his "friends" who have a success rate of over 90% scalping. As in, the proverbial friend we all turn to, usually when asking an embarrassing question. "For a friend".

So yes - The majority of people out there are scammers. But not everyone. I only happen to know about Al b/c I've studied under him but I'm sure there are other honorable folks who don't produce the records you think they should, who are legit.

The clearest hallmark IMO is you can see what they're selling and how they position it. In this case it's obvious most Guru's are doing it to support their lifestyle and to get their gamble on in the markets. But some, like Al, are pretty much giving away decades of hard earned knowledge, and making no promises to students beyond a lot of hard work and heartache along the way to profitability.

Lol, is this a joke. LOL

CamTrader96 
Vancouver, BC

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ironbeam
Trading: Spoos
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Seconds
Thanks Given: 8
Thanks Received: 26

goodoboy View Post
Lol, is this a joke. LOL

I guess you edited your response - there was no need, if you really feel this way it's a fair comment. I guess the question is WHY do you feel this way? - You initially said:

Lol, is this a joke.

Al Brooks have no proof of successful trading track record.

The man is nearly 80 years old still clicking charts in 2024 in a scalable business, what does that tell you??

Well, it tells me is two things. Something about him, and something about you.

You first.

You obviously have no idea what you're on about with regards to Al Brooks. Or, if you do, maybe you're a failed student of his and his "no silver bullet" approach didn't resonate. I'm just speculating, but if this is true, then this says nothing about him and his methodology or the success he and so many others have had learning from him.

About Al - It tells me that at 80 he's still going strong and is absolutely passionate and energized about the markets and sharing his very hard learned life's lessons.

Yes, he's still clicking charts daily - not just to demonstrate and teach, but he is a very active trader. In fact, the first weekend in June he and some of his students did just that in front of a packed house. They traded live, as they do when Al holds conferences. Just as he and his students have worked a traderoom for many years, where they daily demonstrate their edge on the markets.

But Al certainly doesn't need the likes of me defending him. His reputation is beyond reproach. Not sure what your issue issue is, but I suspect it has nothing to do with Al and everything to do with you. And as far as claims go, as far as I'm aware, Al's made none of the types of claims of easy money, ridiculous profits etc. that bring scrutiny to so many, deservedly. I'm very grateful for the work Analytic and others do to out charlatans. But Al's not that.

Skepticism is good, and warranted. I like Analytics approach and wanted to have a conversation about in general, where we draw the line between skepticism and acceptance - and whether or not it's absolutely critical to publish one's personal trading records. However, my response was judged to be unacceptable and I'm not okay with my posts being edited or nuked without any discourse. I'm completely respectful of people generally, and certainly to what NexusFi is trying to do.

Having said that, this is likely my last post. I just wanted to respond to this unwarranted comment on Al.

Good luck Nexusfi. As you were.

Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

CamTrader96 View Post
I guess you edited your response - there was no need, if you really feel this way it's a fair comment. I guess the question is WHY do you feel this way? - You initially said:

Lol, is this a joke.

Al Brooks have no proof of successful trading track record.

The man is nearly 80 years old still clicking charts in 2024 in a scalable business, what does that tell you??

Well, it tells me is two things. Something about him, and something about you.

You first.

You obviously have no idea what you're on about with regards to Al Brooks. Or, if you do, maybe you're a failed student of his and his "no silver bullet" approach didn't resonate. I'm just speculating, but if this is true, then this says nothing about him and his methodology or the success he and so many others have had learning from him.

About Al - It tells me that at 80 he's still going strong and is absolutely passionate and energized about the markets and sharing his very hard learned life's lessons.

Yes, he's still clicking charts daily - not just to demonstrate and teach, but he is a very active trader. In fact, the first weekend in June he and some of his students did just that in front of a packed house. They traded live, as they do when Al holds conferences. Just as he and his students have worked a traderoom for many years, where they daily demonstrate their edge on the markets.

But Al certainly doesn't need the likes of me defending him. His reputation is beyond reproach. Not sure what your issue issue is, but I suspect it has nothing to do with Al and everything to do with you. And as far as claims go, as far as I'm aware, Al's made none of the types of claims of easy money, ridiculous profits etc. that bring scrutiny to so many, deservedly. I'm very grateful for the work Analytic and others do to out charlatans. But Al's not that.

Skepticism is good, and warranted. I like Analytics approach and wanted to have a conversation about in general, where we draw the line between skepticism and acceptance - and whether or not it's absolutely critical to publish one's personal trading records. However, my response was judged to be unacceptable and I'm not okay with my posts being edited or nuked without any discourse. I'm completely respectful of people generally, and certainly to what NexusFi is trying to do.

Having said that, this is likely my last post. I just wanted to respond to this unwarranted comment on Al.

Good luck Nexusfi. As you were.

Good Morning CamTrader96,

Al Brooks is an unproven day trader who teaches students how to trade, and never proven in +20 years he can make a dime from trading. In addition, none of his students have ever proven they can make a dime from his trading techniques.

Al Brooks sell day trading courses for a cost and can not prove anything he sales make money day trading.

All 3 sentences above are facts, not a guess.

goodoboy
Houston

CamTrader96 View Post

I know exactly what I am talking about. You have no clue what you are talking about.

Show me evidence Al Brooks is a good trader? I shall wait!!!!

Last Updated on June 24, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Sitemap - Downloads - Top
no new posts