NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM

Discussion in Trading Reviews and Vendors

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Analytic with 167 posts (244 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 59 posts (256 thanks)
    3. looks_3 goodoboy with 57 posts (25 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 51 posts (168 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Neo1 with 9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bobwest with 4.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 3.3 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Analytic with 1.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 273,033 views
    2. thumb_up 1,507 thanks given
    3. group 652 followers
    1. forum 642 posts
    2. attach_file 200 attachments

Search this Thread
 Eagle Owl 
Riga, Latvia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradingView
Trading: Futures, Stocks
Thanks Given: 115
Thanks Received: 6

goodoboy View Post
Good Morning CamTrader96,

Al Brooks is an unproven day trader who teaches students how to trade, and never proven in +20 years he can make a dime from trading. In addition, none of his students have ever proven they can make a dime from his trading techniques.

Al Brooks sell day trading courses for a cost and can not prove anything he sales make money day trading.

All 3 sentences above are facts, not a guess.

What about ? Ever seen this journal?

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Brendt Skorupinsky
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Help re translation of ninjascript to EL
NinjaTrader
Has anyone taken The Confident Trader course from aheadc …
Elite Trader Funding, Avoid?

Dmonz
Málaga

Thanks Given: 50
Thanks Received: 68

CamTrader96 View Post
In fact, the first weekend in June he and some of his students did just that in front of a packed house. They traded live, as they do when Al holds conferences. Just as he and his students have worked a traderoom for many years, where they daily demonstrate their edge on the markets.

Do you maybe have any source where I can see Al trading live? Everything I have seen from him is always showing what he would/could have done in hindsight. I have never seen the man take a live trade.

CamTrader96 View Post
His reputation is beyond reproach.

No, it is not. This may be true for you, but that does not mean that there is no reason for doubt about him. Reputation as a trader is earned by performance.

CamTrader96 View Post
Having said that, this is likely my last post. I just wanted to respond to this unwarranted comment on Al.

The tone of this comment was unnecessary, but the comment by itself is not unwarranted. The whole world of trading is full of false promises and scams, and with a comment like this: "[Fill in a name here ]has never produced records like this, and he's the real deal." you make it very easy for the next scammer. You have no proof that Al Brooks is profitable but still call him the real deal.

He may not sell his course with these over the top promises like other "vendors", but he is still selling something with the idea to teach you to become consistent. At least he should provide proof that he himself is consistent.

There were probably also people who defended Vinny. And there were probably a lot more people who bought his stuff without asking for proof, only to find out the hard way that they should have...

Thanked by:
goodoboy
Houston

Thanks Given: 360
Thanks Received: 252

Dmonz View Post
There were probably also people who defended Vinny. And there were probably a lot more people who bought his stuff without asking for proof, only to find out the hard way that they should have...

Very good point Dmonz,

I definitely defended Vinni cause I saw was live trading on his Youtube.

But it was all a scam. He lost nearly $1 million the past years.

Al Brooks is definitely not a profitable trader.

Touchups 
Jonesboro AR

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS, NinjaTrader 8
Trading: ES mini
Thanks Given: 18
Thanks Received: 17

So how does one explain (or explain away) vinny's results over the last few months? It is Just a question. I am NOT affiliated with him or have the system, etc. I don't need a rehash of 60 pages of drama. I agree with 99% of it. Set that aside for one second and you have these daily videos lately of huge profits in a live environment. Is it not compelling?

planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 128
Thanks Received: 347

Touchups View Post
So how does one explain (or explain away) vinny's results over the last few months? It is Just a question. I am NOT affiliated with him or have the system, etc. I don't need a rehash of 60 pages of drama. I agree with 99% of it. Set that aside for one second and you have these daily videos lately of huge profits in a live environment. Is it not compelling?

How do you know the daily videos are live accounts? The only proof was his broker statements with losses.

Future Analytica was caught "live streaming" Sim trading when he right clicked too close to the account dropdown and it showed he had an overlay. But in Ninjatrader you can also use NinjaScript to simply change the Sim account to any text too, so "live streaming" is just another tool scammers use.

Thanked by:
 Touchups 
Jonesboro AR

planetkill View Post
How do you know the daily videos are live accounts? The only proof was his broker statements with losses.

Future Analytica was caught "live streaming" Sim trading when he right clicked too close to the account dropdown and it showed he had an overlay. But in Ninjatrader you can also use NinjaScript to simply change the Sim account to any text too, so "live streaming" is just another tool scammers use.

I get that. He lost a ton of money in that 10 year span. Since then, especially recently, he appears to be making a ton of money with the system. That is all I am asking. NOT defending him. I have no dog in this fight. It is just an observation from his youtubes lately. I don't care if it is Apex (as he claims), or sim, or charlie brown's account. The system seems to be profitable, as of late anyway. Is it? Or just some freakish run? What am I missing?

Thanked by:
 planetkill 
New York City + NY/United States

Thanks Given: 128
Thanks Received: 347

Touchups View Post
I get that. He lost a ton of money in that 10 year span. Since then, especially recently, he appears to be making a ton of money with the system. That is all I am asking. NOT defending him. I have no dog in this fight. It is just an observation from his youtubes lately. I don't care if it is Apex (as he claims), or sim, or charlie brown's account. The system seems to be profitable, as of late anyway. Is it? Or just some freakish run? What am I missing?

Any system can be right sometimes and go on winning streaks. A simple moving average cross over strategy can also be profitable for multiple months in a row before going into heavy drawdown with negative expectancy over the long term.

Thanked by:

Analytic 
New York NY/United States

Platform: Multicharts, TS, TOS
Trading: Futures, Options, Stocks
Thanks Given: 104
Thanks Received: 304

Touchups View Post

It's easy to show profitability when it appears that he deletes/hides most of his losing videos. It appears that he admits to sim trading on twitter.

The numbers tell the story.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Analytic 
New York NY/United States

Platform: Multicharts, TS, TOS
Trading: Futures, Options, Stocks
Thanks Given: 104
Thanks Received: 304

Algobox Lifetime used to go on sale for $5999 then $4999, now it's selling for $3499 the lowest we have seen in years. It's all about supply and demand dynamics folks! In 6 months I would expect it to be selling at $999.

Pay only $3499 one time for a lifetime of trading losses.

The numbers tell the story.
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Touchups 
Jonesboro AR

Analytic View Post
It's easy to show profitability when it appears that he deletes/hides most of his losing videos. It appears that he admits to sim trading on twitter.

Okay. I have not done a deep dive on the dates. There may in fact be plenty of gaps. Did not think of that. I have watched a couple, scanned the youtube lists, and get sucked in to the volume of them one after another. I realized they are being multiplied by 20 on some of the thumbs. My point was, it APPEARS he is doing what most of us are trying to do. Get 20 PA's, pad them, then size up after a while. It would be nice if he would show the apex account numbers. The part that shows the account successive number (3 digit part). That way you could tell if they are being blown all the time. Everyone would get a good laugh at mine.

Last Updated on June 19, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts