NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GFIs1 with 4,820 posts (12,083 thanks)
    2. looks_two Symple with 90 posts (154 thanks)
    3. looks_3 ratfink with 83 posts (146 thanks)
    4. looks_4 CPRICE76 with 74 posts (30 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one GFIs1 with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two choke35 with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ratfink with 1.8 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Symple with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 1,371,145 views
    2. thumb_up 13,873 thanks given
    3. group 269 followers
    1. forum 6,247 posts
    2. attach_file 451 attachments

Search this Thread
 GFIs1 
investigating the steal
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: nobody interested
Broker: none
Trading: forget about it
Thanks Given: 6,227
Thanks Received: 15,743

DavidHP View Post
I am very interested in the placement of your fibs.
Because I don't have the same data feed as you it helps a lot when you post a chart showing them.

I have read most of the posts here but I seem to have missed the "cookbook" or trading rules.
If you have posted them in the past could you refresh my memory?

I may not trade the same as you but I find learning how great traders think helps my trading.
Thanks for sharing your methods.

Hello @DavidHP

Here comes the secret sauce of my trading

Thanks for your post.
And thanks for being active in the thread.
1) The rule set: is a ONE sheet of Excel with a lot of subsequent conditional rules, sub rules and more
Which is not easy to read or to combine. It is made for every weekday.
Basic is the DAX cash hour (including what happened before start 9:00) There are points when the
price starts with a gap -> gap rule. Or others - see next:
2) Are there holidays ahead/past? / Is a weekend in between?
3) Specials for Wednesday and Friday - as you can see easily from my trades plus comments
4) Is price in Kumo (Ichimoku) or not?
5) How strong is initial real trade 9:00 to 9:30 in points. If IB is strong, a Walzer might be the tool.
6) Do we have a battle @ a resistance/support zone? Mostly on the 'k-line' or on strong used trading
levels that came often into play
7) Are we right before important interest numbers? Or right after? Don't trade the announcement's.
Not finished here....

Why is the system working since 2012 until today even the market(s) were very different over the years?

It is about PROBABILITY of how a market reacts. Reading the possibility for the direction, entry time and exit time.
Just be aware that every INSTRUMENT has different behavior!
So I don't have a system for every instrument yet (AI might help)

I JUST trade the DAX - and the DAX - nothing else...

As you can guess - My 1 rule sheet in Excel can not be spread here -

It is worth some Million(s) - even hasn't changed much since the beginning

How to proceed without having losses?
Look at the strong days/months. Don't trade the DAX over summer months as the volume is too bad.
Omit trades before big number announcements. Price is often jumping to kill every stop(s) on the road.

Hope this helps! Happy Sunday

GFIs1

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Elite Trader Funding, Avoid?
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Brendt Skorupinsky
Topstep experience and review
Pivot Indicator based on Level2 data
NinjaTrader
How to create dashboard like this one?
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
144 thanks
1 Minute Man
64 thanks
HumbleTraders next chapter
40 thanks
Winning attitudes create winning traders
32 thanks
Vinny E-Mini & Algobox Review TRADE ROOM
25 thanks
 GFIs1 
investigating the steal
Legendary Market Wizard

Monday trade on IFO DAY

DAX long 10:30 to 14:30
entry @ 18719
exit @ 18752
result + 33 points

GFIs1

IFO Numbers 10:00 - UNCHANGED!
DAX 10:15 red...
DAX 10:30 green

edit 14:31 - finally the IFO rule made the points foreseen!

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
investigating the steal
Legendary Market Wizard

The Trader's Dilemma!

Being a long time poster on THIS International Trading Platform with more than one live thread with different patterns to be traded - all for free! - I am standing now with severe questions:

1) Shall I change to the paid platform (from the same provider) to make money with my trading?
or
2) Shall I resist the probable good surplus income while trading live as always?

This discussion is held right now here:

The price shift speaks of $99/month and inscription per follower or up to the double... (WOW!)

If I want to make money with my posts on markets.chat or other so called 'Rooms' - I will have to QUIT this FORUM...
Why should the same content (live trading) be once for free and suddenly being paid?
Both seems impossible - yes?

Please send me HERE your ideas and a reason how to proceed.

Thanks in advance for your input - feel free to write positive or negative.

GFIs1

Thanked by:
 GlobalTrader 
Nelson New Zealand

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja,
Broker: IB, CMC
Trading: Futures, ASX shares, US sahres
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Days
Thanks Given: 63
Thanks Received: 100

GFIs1 View Post
The Trader's Dilemma!

Being a long time poster on THIS International Trading Platform with more than one live thread with different patterns to be traded - all for free! - I am standing now with severe questions:

1) Shall I change to the paid platform (from the same provider) to make money with my trading?
or
2) Shall I resist the probable good surplus income while trading live as always?

If I want to make money with my posts on markets.chat or others - I have to QUIT this FORUM...
Why should the same content (live trading) be once for free and suddenly being paid?

GFIs1

The quality of your trades and support = YES from me. Could you look at a copy trading and charge for subscribers? But remember, you could also be selling some of your freedoms.

Thanked by:
Symple
Zuerich / Switzerland

Thanks Given: 1,344
Thanks Received: 2,336

GFIs1 View Post
The Trader's Dilemma!

or

The price shift speaks of $99/month and inscription per follower or up to the double... (WOW!)

If I want to make money with my posts on markets.chat or other so called 'Rooms' - I will have to QUIT this FORUM...

GFIs1

Dear GFIs1

Kindly proceed as you do. I guess many here enjoy the way you present your ideas and trades the way you work them in your daily live.

In my opinion it is not only your trades by itself, as I for example do not trade the DAX, which makes this thread.

I think it is also an inspiration to many to see that pure future trading really can and does work with the wright attitudes and ideas.

One other point is surely the following: The thread has worked very well in the past the way it was presented. So why change the way it was? (Remember how you felt when the forum was changed the way it was and now is)

Have a good start into the new trading week.

Symple

Thanked by:
 Deetee 
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Legendary Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader / IB /Rithmic
Broker: EdgeClear / InteractiveBrokers / Rithmic
Trading: DAX / (M)NQ / (M)ES
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Hours
Thanks Given: 2,881
Thanks Received: 827

GFIs1 View Post
The Trader's Dilemma!

GFIs1[/SIZE]

Good morning @GFIs1
Thanks for all your posts and input.
As you know I have been trying to make money on your posts. At first it looked like easy money to me. But it's not that easy to get your results.

There are some problems that make it difficult (or impossible) to have the same results as you make. IMO the problems with copying your trades are:
* Late posting. For instance, by the time you post your trade it's already many points in profit. Or you exit a trade ie. on break-even or with a small stoploss, while I see my loss increasing.
* Unknown stoploss. Either I take my loss at ie. 35 or 40 points (SL), while your SL is bigger and your trade is winning in the end. Or I have a large SL, while you have a 30 points SL. I will only know after you posted the exit of your trade, resulting in losses for me many times.

In the past years, I didn't make much money by copying your trades. For sure it didn't pay for my time. Not only because of the above 2 items, but also because of my monkey brain

I would be happy to pay the monthly fee, but without a solution for the late postings and SL, I doubt I can make good money.

How do you see it? Would it be like live trading and providing more input upfront or would you continue your journal in Market Chats in a similar way?
Anyway, it seems like quite a commitment.

Thank you
Deetee

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 GlobalTrader 
Nelson New Zealand

Deetee View Post
Good morning @GFIs1
Thanks for all your posts and input.
As you know I have been trying to make money on your posts. At first it looked like easy money to me. But it's not that easy to get your results.

There are some problems that make it difficult (or impossible) to have the same results as you make. IMO the problems with copying your trades are:
* Late posting. For instance, by the time you post your trade it's already many points in profit. Or you exit a trade ie. on break-even or with a small stoploss, while I see my loss increasing.
* Unknown stoploss. Either I take my loss at ie. 35 or 40 points (SL), while your SL is bigger and your trade is winning in the end. Or I have a large SL, while you have a 30 points SL. I will only know after you posted the exit of your trade, resulting in losses for me many times.

In the past years, I didn't make much money by copying your trades. For sure it didn't pay for my time. Not only because of the above 2 items, but also because of my monkey brain

I would be happy to pay the monthly fee, but without a solution for the late postings and SL, I doubt I can make good money.

How do you see it? Would it be like live trading and providing more input upfront or would you continue your journal in Market Chats in a similar way?
Anyway, it seems like quite a commitment.

Thank you
Deetee

Hi GFIs1,

The reason I've decided to trade the DAX is heavily influenced by my timezone here in New Zealand. I recently stumbled upon your thread while researching DAX trading, and it piqued my interest. When you post a trade entry, I try to align it with my own analysis and trading systems to see if there's any confluence. It's not just about enjoying a good free signal; I'm here to delve into the emotions and intricacies that drive the DAX and enhance my trading skills. Whenever I find something positive, I incorporate it into my strategy.

I'm not a follower by nature—I prefer to chart my own course. But that doesn't mean I don't value your insights. On the contrary, I greatly appreciate your knowledge and the depth it adds to my understanding.

Thanked by:
 ragic 
N. Yorks, UK

Platform: NT8
Trading: ES
Frequency: Never
Duration: Seconds
Thanks Given: 37
Thanks Received: 63

While MarketChat is a good idea, I wonder what your 'market size' would in the Euro/London Open time period. How many people are active at that time of day, or a little later. I can understand the US-RTH session being busy with people, but there seems relatively few people earlier in the day to follow the Chat. I haven't even signed onto the beta trial just for that reason...

Thanked by:
 GFIs1 
investigating the steal
Legendary Market Wizard

Deetee View Post

Good morning @Deetee (a very long follower)

You have some arguments that I fully understand and can support.

First - my thread here is just a JOURNAL of my own... not a proposal for free.
As I do have a lot of other things running through the day - there might be 'holes' in the following of the markets.

Second - SL settings had been changed due to the strong movements recently in the markets.
Trading in my opinion is to pick the best setting and not get out when a so called stop Loss (SL) would have killed the trade with negative points - while the price gets in the foreseen direction.

Third: I am trading - as everyone can see in my charts - with Lang & Schwarz (L&S in Germany). That is a possibility to see the pre cash and the after cash hours - which can be traded if wanted. The volatility is stronger than the DAX itself - making a point to 'second' above... As I assume you are with another broker - so winners and losers might differ to the numbers seeing here.

Fourth: see my input of this morning of a REAL IFO day from 7:09 this morning: I said (in much advance) that I will take the trade from 10:30. Direction will be the candle of 10:00 to 10:30 - as shown here many times in this thread. So nothing new for a longtime reader. As I can't see into the future - my rule counts (with normal SL) - and we will have the outcome....

Thanks for your solid input and I wish you good results in your trading.

GFIs1

Thanked by:
 GlobalTrader 
Nelson New Zealand

GFIs1 View Post
Good morning @Deetee (a very long follower)

You have some arguments that I fully understand and can support.

First - my thread here is just a JOURNAL of my own... not a proposal for free.
As I do have a lot of other things running through the day - there might be 'holes' in the following of the markets.

Second - SL settings had been changed due to the strong movements recently in the markets.
Trading in my opinion is to pick the best setting and not get out when a so called stop Loss (SL) would have killed the trade with negative points - while the price gets in the foreseen direction.

Third: I am trading - as everyone can see in my charts - with Lang & Schwarz (L&S in Germany). That is a possibility to see the pre cash and the after cash hours - which can be traded if wanted. The volatility is stronger than the DAX itself - making a point to 'second' above... As I assume you are with another broker - so winners and losers might differ to the numbers seeing here.

Fourth: see my input of this morning of a REAL IFO day from 7:09 this morning: I said (in much advance) that I will take the trade from 10:30. Direction will be the candle of 10:00 to 10:30 - as shown here many times in this thread. So nothing new for a longtime reader. As I can't see into the future - my rule counts (with normal SL) - and we will have the outcome....

Thanks for your solid input and I wish you good results in your trading.

GFIs1

GF1s1,

If you want to make money from your signals, just use a copy trade service. All the issues Deetee mentioned will then be void. Easy.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on June 17, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts