NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





30 Sessions


Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SoberTrader with 84 posts (48 thanks)
    2. looks_two Miesto with 4 posts (10 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Fi with 3 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 OnceBank54 with 2 posts (2 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Maharushy with 4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Miesto with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 DavidHP with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SoberTrader with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 6,010 views
    2. thumb_up 74 thanks given
    3. group 11 followers
    1. forum 99 posts
    2. attach_file 96 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #71 (permalink)
SoberTrader
Las Vegas
 
Posts: 160 since Feb 2026
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 107

Trade 31 +10 points


Another impulse break above 9 EMA +10 points


Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #72 (permalink)
SoberTrader
Las Vegas
 
Posts: 160 since Feb 2026
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 107

Trade 32 + 3 points


Another strong bull bar that tested opening levels


Reply With Quote
  #73 (permalink)
SoberTrader
Las Vegas
 
Posts: 160 since Feb 2026
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 107


Trade 33 Short +6,75 points


Bearish impulse bar below 9 EMA immediate follow through +6.75 points


Reply With Quote
  #74 (permalink)
SoberTrader
Las Vegas
 
Posts: 160 since Feb 2026
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 107

July 13 2 Hour window closed


Decent session today finished with +17,75 points
July 13 stats


For the first day of the week I consider todays session a success, however I still need to improve holding trades.


Reply With Quote
  #75 (permalink)
SoberTrader
Las Vegas
 
Posts: 160 since Feb 2026
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 107

Trade 34 Long +3 points


Nice bullish bar however price below open and no true volatility on a news driven day.


Reply With Quote
  #76 (permalink)
SoberTrader
Las Vegas
 
Posts: 160 since Feb 2026
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 107

Trade 35 Long +5.25 points


Another small profit impulse bar win


Reply With Quote
  #77 (permalink)
SoberTrader
Las Vegas
 
Posts: 160 since Feb 2026
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 107

Trade 36 +5.25 points


Last trade of session for me +5.25 points


Reply With Quote
  #78 (permalink)
SoberTrader
Las Vegas
 
Posts: 160 since Feb 2026
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 107

July 14 2 Hour window closed


July 14 Preformance


. Today my biggest weakness showed while it was a green day i called market direction twice for 75 point moves and only captured 10 points total. I am trading with hard stops but I am still struggling with trusting my winning trades.

I am discovering it is possible that I am just a scalper however for that to be the case I must not take swing losses such as -60 point stop out I hade last week


Reply With Quote
  #79 (permalink)
SoberTrader
Las Vegas
 
Posts: 160 since Feb 2026
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 107

ATR Added


I have decided to ADD ATR to my chart and this will help me see when I should be exiting winning and losing trades and will show me what percentage of ATR I am capturing on winning trades and what percentage of ATR are my stop losses


Reply With Quote
  #80 (permalink)
 Miesto 
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Legendary Market Wizard
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: Futures
Posts: 738 since May 2012
Thanks Given: 899
Thanks Received: 1,303



SoberTrader View Post
. Today my biggest weakness showed while it was a green day i called market direction twice for 75 point moves and only captured 10 points total. I am trading with hard stops but I am still struggling with trusting my winning trades.

I am discovering it is possible that I am just a scalper however for that to be the case I must not take swing losses such as -60 point stop out I hade last week

You can trade 2 lots. Take a scalp profit on 1 lot, set stop at breakeven on the 2nd and let it go. Use your entry criteria (close above/below ema(9)) as an exit or target a major swing high/low. You might use the ATM Strategy.


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on August 6, 2026


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts