NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Italian Job

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one redratsal with 496 posts (644 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 59 posts (44 thanks)
    3. looks_3 trendisyourfriend with 21 posts (14 thanks)
    4. looks_4 hector24 with 15 posts (4 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fat Tails with 2.5 thanks per post
    2. looks_two redratsal with 1.3 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 trendisyourfriend with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 271,320 views
    2. thumb_up 773 thanks given
    3. group 42 followers
    1. forum 667 posts
    2. attach_file 31 attachments

Search this Thread

The Italian Job

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,103

redegenerated View Post
it's something related to the 4th july holiday, i guess....i noticed my bands did not reset from yesterday so i changed the holyday date in the indicator setup window. Now they looks correctly(i don't use them for trading, so they are just fine for now) with my setup and session template.

Let me try to explain the mystery. The problem is indeed related to Independence Day.

Independence Day is no Separate Trade Date for Globex Instruments

If you dig into the CME rules, you will notice that July 4 is not a separate trading day. All trades concluded on July 4 will be settled with the trades of July 5, so all July 4 trades have the trade date July 5. There are six double day trading sessions per year with CME Globex.

For ES, the trading day of July 5 starts on Sunday July 3, 5:00 PM CT and ends on Tuesday July 5, 3:15 PM.

Accordingly, the VWAP - if set to ETH - will not reset on July 4 at 3:15 PM, but continue its way through the trading session for all Globex traded instruments. If you were not aware of the double day session, the indicator detected it.

ICE/Nybot or EUREX have a separate Trade Date for July 4

Note that other exchanges treat July 4 as a separate trading day. For example ICE/Nybot counts all trades concluded on July 4 for trade date July 4. So for TF, or for other instruments like FDAX or SB, the VWAP should reset after the end of the July 4 session. See second chart attaced, which shows TF with the VWAP that resets.

Default settings of VWAP Indicator use the Trade Dates

The default settings of the indicator take into account the official trade dates of the exchanges. If you do not want to display the (correct) double day VWAP, you can always delete the preset holidays via indicator dialogue box.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VWAP July 4.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	42609   Click image for larger version

Name:	VWAP July 4 TF.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	42610  

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

redegenerated 
España

Experience: None
Platform: NT
Trading: 6E
Thanks Given: 301
Thanks Received: 81

Fat Tails View Post
Let me try to explain the mystery. The problem is indeed related to Independence Day.

If you dig into the CME rules, you will notice that July 4 is not a separate trading day. All trades concluded on July 4 will be settled with the trades of July 5, so all July 4 trades have the trade date July 5. There are six double day trading sessions per year with CME Globex.

For ES, the trading day of July 5 starts on Sunday July 3, 5:00 PM CT and ends on Tuesday July 5, 3:15 PM.

Accordingly, the VWAP - if set to ETH - will not reset on July 4 at 3:15 PM, but continue its way through the trading session for all Globex traded instruments. If you were not aware of the double day session, the indicator detected it.

Note that other exchanges treat July 4 as a separate trading day. For example ICE/Nybot counts all trades concluded on July 4 for trade date July 4. So for TF, or for other instruments like FDAX or SB, the VWAP should reset after the end of the July 4 session. See second chart attaced, which shows TF with the VWAP that resets.

The default settings of the indicator take into account the official trade dates of the exchanges. If you do not want to display the (correct) double day VWAP, you can always delete the preset holidays via indicator dialogue box.

redratsal 
Milan (I)

Platform: Ninjatrader
Broker: Kinetick
Trading: FDAX,6E,CL,YM,NQ,ES
Thanks Given: 1,215
Thanks Received: 2,090

Fat Tails View Post

Please add to the existing list of invitations another one with italian food

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Fat Tails 
Berlin, Europe
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Keyboard
Thanks Given: 4,242
Thanks Received: 27,103

redratsal View Post
Please add to the existing list of invitations another one with italian food

I love Italian food and even prefer it to German food. But I am lucky enough to live in a place, where there is ample supply of Italian restaurants, Italian supermarkets and - most important - Italian coffee.

Thanked by:

redratsal 
Milan (I)

My daily recap:

Thanked by:

redratsal 
Milan (I)

First trade of the day Short CL 2 contracts, target on S +471 USD

redratsal 
Milan (I)

This is a 3 in 1 trade:

1) Regular entry
2) Stop n Go (look here )
3) Reverse (look here )

With the downgrade of Portugal and the 6E near a support/resistance with a 100 pips down jump I knew it would have been hard to take long trades (see charts 60 minutes):

As it was early morning CET, I decided to take the trade #1 as usual looking for a reverse of the downtrend. As I didn't like PA, the gomcd was clearly moving in favor of shorts I decided to close the trade with a loss of 251$ and try to position again my long at a better price position (Stop n Go).

As the Stop n Go failed -755$, PA beeing always below the TL, I decided to reverse and go short. Target was set close to the S with a profit of +1547$

If the conditions are right I never stop trading after 2 consecutive loosers (if the loss is less than my money management). At the last trade I generated a profit not because I wanted to revenge the last 2 trades but because of market conditons and targets.

redratsal 
Milan (I)

My daily recap:

Thanked by:
 Twiddle 
Sydney, Australia

Experience: Beginner
Broker: Mirus
Trading: FDAX
Thanks Given: 150
Thanks Received: 94

Fat Tails View Post
I love Italian food and even prefer it to German food. But I am lucky enough to live in a place, where there is ample supply of Italian restaurants, Italian supermarkets and - most important - Italian coffee.

I just spent 4 days in Berlin on holiday (Thats where you live right FT?). It was hard to find German food! Found a very good Italian resturant, and ate at the 1 michelin star restaurant Reinstoff, which was amazing. Also tried a few curry wursts

Such an interesting city, Berlin.

(Sorry for the off topic reply guys)

redratsal 
Milan (I)

Twiddle View Post
I just spent 4 days in Berlin on holiday (Thats where you live right FT?). It was hard to find German food! Found a very good Italian resturant, and ate at the 1 michelin star restaurant Reinstoff, which was amazing. Also tried a few curry wursts

Such an interesting city, Berlin.

(Sorry for the off topic reply guys)

It's ok feel free, when it comes to food you are always welcome, I trade to get into nice restaurants as well

Last Updated on May 9, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts