NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 3,654 posts (2,215 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 135 posts (120 thanks)
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 123 posts (170 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 112 posts (228 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Deucalion with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 602,016 views
    2. thumb_up 3,683 thanks given
    3. group 141 followers
    1. forum 4,686 posts
    2. attach_file 1,117 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

Devil Man View Post
@GaryD you're like the Yngwie Malmsteen of the trading world. Pure Rockstar.

If I could pick, and rockstar had to be a part of it, it would be Steve Vai over Yngwie Malmsteen. Yngwie was ridiculously fast, but Mr. Vai has all that plus something I have not seen in any other player.

If I ever get to where I can trade the Euro/Aus pair during FOMC, then, maybe, i will take a fucking bow.

But seriously, thanks @Devil Man. I could never explain what it has taken to get just to where I am. The timeline is documented here, and maybe some of the story, but if I drug out everything into words it would be very ugly...

But now, Loooking Goood!!!

Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

And decoupling they did go. TF topped around 1192 (random? ), and CL said up to TF's down.

I did not even trade TF, not one contract. For the most part I do not like equity indices. But I did take CL to the local DT. Took me a few pulls to get it started. That, and I am one finnicky mf when trade does not look right to me. A broker's godsend.

I may sell TF around 1185-1187.

But now, with CL sitting below this minor structure, and that annoying incomplete low still beneath, I am done in that market until things get better looking. Disc golf seems the most pressing issue though.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

TF Minimum target just hit,

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

The anit-correlation continued in the London session, confirming to me that my timing was correct at the wave C wave 4 intersection. Took a long time for me to trust something I learned years ago. This time I made a little money at it , next time I will lay the hammer down.

Now, TF has possibly completed W5, ABC or new trend anticipated. if I were Soros, I would lighten my load here some on tha $1B +/- short position in the S&P, bank some risk. My guess is he is not as flighty as me though. Wish I could skype him to find out...

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

I tried to warn you George. Someday we will exchange cards.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Possibly the most fucking frustrating stopout, ever, for me. I was in around 10 contracts long CL, hit profit target #1, then had it come back on me at least $1800. ( In hindsight, what I should have done was reverse, I missed a big down move due to my obsession with that ABC completion. I had a sell signal, ignored it. Had blinders on for the day. )

However, I was able to stay balanced through it, waited for my moments, and scalped back a decent day, swimming upstream in a way, but once the day went rotational, that is the only way to play.

TGIFF. Now I need to go look at the mohawk I got yesterday and figure out why I look more like Ed Grimley...

p.s. Soros, call me.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

You have to ride the curve of the majority, while existing as the minority. Very tricky balance.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Last week was one of my calmest, and one of my best. I was playing disc golf last Sunday with a friend, and in state of casual highness, I just said out loud, "I think I am going for ten grand this week." He said nothing, and we just kept playing.

I had one day this week that kept me from it. I was a major down day, maybe -$3500 ish. And we played disc golf again late the day that happened. He asked how the week was going, and I tld him not much different than I would discuss a disc shot that we were maybe both working on. I said something like, "I got on the wrong side of it, I think daylight savings time was part of it, Now I am negative 2k for the week. My goal is still possible, but I am not trying now. Just want to repair the damage. maybe I'll do it next week."

And that was the end of it. I still was more concerned about trying to get my disc drive dialed in, I keep hizering to the left really hard....

I made $6k over the next 3 trading days. Monday was $1500ish. I was so fucking close, but it did not matter.

I did not think about it that much even, until this afternoon in the grocery store. I was walking thru , almost in slow motion. Seeing new things in almost every aisle. And it seemed like a peaceful place to be, that grocery store. What I was really noticing, is I do not feel stress of trading . Trading is not stressful. And that feeling is very new.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

There is only one move per session, is relevant. It applies to how I manage the day, one direction can also mean rotational... it is as much an attitude, as a probability.

The top surgeons do things that would be impossible for most of us.

I prefer the analogy of top athletes. Not just "athletes", but guys like Shawn White "top". (who, recently had a bad session, and may have traded long enough)

Dedication, practice, soul purging, mind shifting. Marrying the market. Constantly observing where you are, and what it feels like, and why you are doing it...

But, if I am right, and so far my math says I am, and that does not suggests I am positive for the yer even. I started 2014 with something I have never done before. Instead of what I did every other year, which is trying to have a perfect record, trying to be all kinds of things, I decided just to throw some weight around. I wanted to get my mind out of "what could go wrong", or, "Oh god, it's just sitting there... should I close it? maybe I will tighten my stop... maybe, oh fuck. ... oh man, ok, I am going to put my stop back where it was. Where would they mot take it........."

That is not constructive.

So I looked at my equity, and decided on a scaling factor, and called it "stretching". and it hurt, just the same.

But, I knew it. I designed an emergency system of layering equity into the account. Something I never read or heard of, but just from so many years of analyzing myself. I become trader and coach. And not just to look good in theory. I was truly able , this year, to approach it without much emotion, and many times, none.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

There is only one move per session, even if that one move is rotation

Started this thread

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 23, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts