NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

Discussion in Trading Journals

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one GaryD with 3,654 posts (2,215 thanks)
    2. looks_two josh with 135 posts (120 thanks)
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 123 posts (170 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 112 posts (228 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Deucalion with 2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 researcher247 with 1.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 GaryD with 0.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 602,924 views
    2. thumb_up 3,683 thanks given
    3. group 141 followers
    1. forum 4,686 posts
    2. attach_file 1,117 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

Catching Big Waves - a trader's journal of surfing the the markets

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Experience: None
Platform: shoes
Trading: happy

Looking at a 15 minute chart today to focus in on the choppiness.

Started this thread

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
use extra computer for optimisation
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

June 14, 2012, 6:37 a.m. EDT

Italian borrowing costs soar at bond auction
Sentiment sours toward euro zone’s third largest member
By Emese Bartha

LONDON (MarketWatch) — The Italian government’s borrowing costs soared at a bond auction Thursday, a development that will make it more difficult for Prime Minister Mario Monti to avoid having to seek financial help from other euro-zone members.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

+59 long on the refusal to break the low, 2 contracts

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

goal, net 114. Done.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

What causes us to limit ourselves, limit our beliefs? Do "limitation" or "resistance" actually even exist? Or are they just words that we use to comfort ourselves when it we will not do the things that we know we should? Do those words keep us confined, or even feeling justified? "Of course that cannot be done, it's obvious, everyone knows it..."

Meanwhile, the results obtained having nothing to do with limitation.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

one more long CL, net 196

I sat and watched as they sold the top over and over, ignoring the fact that ES was unstoppable, ignoring the fact that each return to the bottom was slightly higher, each retrace acting convincing but getting nowhere...

bought 82.80 area 2 contracts

I was not really wanting to take another trade, and was prepared to bail quick, 6-8 ticks even, but sitting here doing other work it just seemed so glaring they were about to run over the top...

Maybe that is weakness, thinking I know things sometimes. Ironic, since what upset me yesterday was that I felt I knew to go long in the 82.20 area, but had no confidence at all, and mised possibly my best personal trade of the week, or month even. I thought I knew than, and did not act. And it was upsetting enough to me to chunk away at those tiny revenge trades until I have given it back, not mad that I was down, I was up $3900+/-, it was that I did not listen to myself that had me, and then all it took was a 60 tick hit and my fate was sealed for the day. Had we see a runaway market, I might have been up double, but that I know longer felt I really knew, I no longer really thought anything. I fel into a trance of motion and indicators and thinking just because something happened before it will happen again.

The small posts leading up to yesterday's long trade were exactly the type of thoughts that I have when great trade sets up and I am analyzing it. After that, nothing, just clicking a mouse, hoping, wanting to rewind the clock and get that earlier trade back and making a very poor attempt at it.

So yes, I was "done" today. But I saw something that had all the same things, but a completely different trade and setup. What I saw was myself going through step by step what was happening, not interested in trading, scared to take the trade even. Until I decided, "yes".

If I would do that every single trade, wait for the start to alighn perfectly, I would still have losses, but my trading would be far better, my losses far less, my wins far more rewarding.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

I removed the background color and the black/white bars today due to the channel pattern that was noted this morning. They get distracting on this type of trading day.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

and supporting the long side, still held at support around 82.00-82.20, and still had theintermediate DB, plus a quasi local DB of a channel...

ES should blow the LSP this afternoon. Not sure why though.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

Not predicting, certainly not trading it because it could just as likely be a trap, but just curious now.

Started this thread

GaryD 
Orlando, Florida

My friend Peter's emails are starting to soundlike he has my place bugged.

"Who of us has the courage to see through our own illusions, casting left and right, hope and doubt aside?"

-Peter

Started this thread

Closed Thread

Last Updated on May 23, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts