NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

PriceActionSwing discussion

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Silvester17 with 177 posts (570 thanks)
    2. looks_two dorschden with 99 posts (1,125 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 52 posts (90 thanks)
    4. looks_4 jmont1 with 51 posts (23 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one dorschden with 11.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 3.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 sudhirc with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 979,173 views
    2. thumb_up 2,948 thanks given
    3. group 613 followers
    1. forum 2,093 posts
    2. attach_file 615 attachments

Search this Thread

PriceActionSwing discussion

harrellb 
Atlanta, GA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

Is there a version of this indicator or another similar one that shows Volume Percent at each swing instead of price move percent like this one does or is someone more familiar with NT coding able to add that to this one? I started looking into it but I am not super familiar with NT coding and it is going to take me a while to figure it out. I am willing to do that but I thought I would ask if someone else who could do it much quicker might be willing to help me out. So if the most recent swing is a high then I want to see the volume percent that this high has in relation to the volume of the last high. i.e. last swing high volume was 3000 and next swing high volume is 1500 so the percent shown on the 1500 swing high would be 50% because it has half the volume of the previous swing high.

Thanks!

ADDITONAL INFO ON THE STRATEGY IF INTERESTED
I like to use this in combination with trend pullbacks to fib levels to decide if I am going to take the continuation of the trend or not. So, for instance, if we are in an up trend and we make a new higher low and it is at a 50% retrace and the volume % is more than the previous swing then I consider this to be a kind of hidden divergence in that the price is higher than the last low but the volume to get there was more. If that is the case then a lot of volume tried to drive this short but it wasn't able to be pushed beyond the previous low that had less volume. If you combine order flow into this and see trapped traders on the turn, etc. you have a pretty good confluence of indications that this retrace may hold. To make it even more confirmed you could look for cumulative delta to be down from the previous swing low which indicates that the market order selling is increasing but just like with the volume they aren't able to drive the price lower than the last swing. That is yet another divergence. This actually opens up a whole other addition we could make to this indicator which would be to plot the Cumulative delta and its percent or ratio divided by the ticks it took to get there from the last swing low or even the last opposing swing and then plot percentages of those so we can figure out divergences based on that instead of just volume.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

harrellb 
Atlanta, GA

Platform: Ninjatrader, Tradestation
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 2

Bloodhound crashes when I try and choose this indicator to design with. Does anyone else have it working with Bloodhound and if not any idea why it is causing the crash. I am happy to change the code to work with Bloodhound but I would really prefer some direction rather than going through every single possibility from the Shark website. Thanks!

famaTV 
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, TradingView
Trading: Futures, Stocks & Options, FX
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 1

Hello friend!

How did you manage to show values? No matter what settings I change, I always get zeroes. Thanks.

Tradarr View Post
My fix for now for missing plots is to use GBs PAS, will they be added back to the new PAS?
MyMarketAnalyzer

Tradarr 
Atlanta Ga. USA

Platform: NT8,ThinkorSwim,
Trading: Grains
Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 88

famaTV View Post
Hello friend!

How did you manage to show values? No matter what settings I change, I always get zeroes. Thanks.

I decided to use the prior version but to get alerts you have to set the plot cell value to greater than 0, I set the exterior to transparent to avoid looking at 0s until the plots are true.

famaTV 
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Many thanks for your swift response.

Is it possible to share your full settings screenshot? So, this will generate alert if there is a new "Higher Low" or "Lower High" for example, right?

Tradarr View Post
I decided to use the prior version but to get alerts you have to set the plot cell value to greater than 0, I set the exterior to transparent to avoid looking at 0s until the plots are true.

Tradarr 
Atlanta Ga. USA

famaTV View Post
Many thanks for your swift response.

Is it possible to share your full settings screenshot? So, this will generate alert if there is a new "Higher Low" or "Lower High" for example, right?

Those are my settings for Market Analyzer

Thanked by:
 famaTV 
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Much Appreciated!

Many thanks for your kind help.

Tradarr View Post

Those are my settings for Market Analyzer

Tradarr 
Atlanta Ga. USA

famaTV View Post
Much Appreciated!

Many thanks for your kind help.

And strangely my NT8 crashed Friday, my Price Action Swing Indicators are missing from the Indicator list, I can't recompile , getting missing assembly errors for multiple files

roysnjb
West Bengal,India

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hello Sir, Can u add the delta and cum.Delta value also for each swing.

tancwkev
Singapore

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi,

I am trying to make a strategy using PASpro, what is the setting should I use in Condition of Strategy Builder?

is it +1 for on 0 for off

I tried True/False and it gives an error message.

Thank you

CW

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_145.png
Views:	117
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	327962   Click image for larger version

Name:	image_174.png
Views:	93
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	327965  

Last Updated on January 7, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts