NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





philosophy, life and pearls of wisdom


Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,734 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 0 followers
    1. forum 3 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
aquarian1's Avatar
 aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Posts: 4,033 since Dec 2010
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

Please feel free those little insights, quotes and thoughts that make life richer.


..........
peace, love and joy to you
.........
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Want your NinjaTrader indicator created, free?
1 thanks
Running trading strategies on a VPS
1 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 
aquarian1's Avatar
 aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Posts: 4,033 since Dec 2010
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

Today I received the first of my free emails from L Hay.

I set my tools around me and wondered what she knew at 84 about feeling comfortable in her skin that I could learn at 51.
..
“Life has gotten much easier for me because I’ve learned how to plan my experiences. My positive affirmations go before me, smoothing the way. I make a point to anticipate what I would like to experience in the future."

..You can’t do anything well or for the long term without loving yourself first. When you love yourself, you care about your body, and you care about what you put into it. You also care about the thoughts you choose to think.”

full text


..........
peace, love and joy to you
.........
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)
 
aquarian1's Avatar
 aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Posts: 4,033 since Dec 2010
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593


recently a friend had a birthday. He confided that the time ahead seemed so long.

Over the next several days I thought about his comment. I sensed that perhaps it was he had no life goals to draw him forward. Therefore, for him the years ahead lay long and wearisome.

--------my email explaining the choice of the book I bought for him---

"I was thinking about goals, dreams and the future.

When you said that it seemed like such a long time stretching ahead of you, it brought to mind goals.

I believe there is a deep spiritual reason why we chose to incarnate. Finding out what are life goal is, is crucial to us being on our path. Once we discover it then obstacles and trails seem so much smaller. We have a focus. We know whether something is pulling us aside or to our goal. We are able to persist for we have the vision to which we strive.

Though I think I may well live a very long time yet the time ahead seems so short. There is still so much I wish to do.

Happy Birthday!"


..........
peace, love and joy to you
.........
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
 
aquarian1's Avatar
 aquarian1 
Point Roberts, WA, USA
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: IB and free NT
Broker: IB
Trading: ES
Posts: 4,033 since Dec 2010
Thanks Given: 1,509
Thanks Received: 2,593

"Love is better than anger.
Hope is better than fear.
Optimism is better than despair.

So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world."

Jack Layton 1950-2011

( Layton died on August 22, 2011, aged 61, from cancer.)

Congratulations on living a courageous life Jack!


..........
peace, love and joy to you
.........
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on September 1, 2011


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts