NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Using TWSStart to keep IB TWS open

Discussion in Brokers

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one arjfca with 5 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two sam028 with 2 posts (4 thanks)
    3. looks_3 sysot1t with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 ssyl with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 12,594 views
    2. thumb_up 10 thanks given
    3. group 7 followers
    1. forum 11 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

Using TWSStart to keep IB TWS open

arjfca 
Montreal, Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Multicharts
Broker: Interactive Broker
Trading: Forex
Thanks Given: 440
Thanks Received: 91

Xyzzy View Post
I stumbled across this old thread. I just wanted to give a "+1" for TWSStart, in case anyone else does the same.

I've been running an autotrading strategy with MultiCharts for a month, and TWSStart has been great at keeping TWS up and running. It's a one-trick pony -- if TWS shuts down, it restarts TWS and logs you back in automatically.

I had one hiccup with installation, and I emailed the developer. He was very friendly and even issued a patch within a day due to an unusual problem that I was having -- that's amazing support for a freeware/donation-ware program. Since that time, it's worked flawlessly. (He got a modest donation from me -- well worth it, in my opinion.)

Totaly agree,

Same for me.
I also had a little glitch when IB changed TWS version and the developper did resolve the problem quickly. I had also given a donation He wrote me that I was the first of the year at that time.

Happy trading day

MT

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader

ssyl 
locust valley, ny, usa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja, IB
Broker: IB/Kinetick, IB/IB
Trading: CL, 6E
Thanks Given: 22
Thanks Received: 1

Thanks for mentioning Alt SDH 1, that seems to have fixed the restart problem for me.

Another question .. how do i get NinjaTrader to restart now? When IB/TWS closes, i get a message from Ninja that we lost connection, but don't see any way to restart it.

Last Updated on April 5, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts