NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

The Beast Slayer, Lance's NQ Trading Journal

Discussion in Commodities

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one lancelottrader with 843 posts (4,515 thanks)
    2. looks_two redbarntrades with 59 posts (147 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Rrrracer with 28 posts (117 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Okina with 23 posts (41 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one lancelottrader with 5.4 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Rrrracer with 4.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Big Mike with 4.1 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 redbarntrades with 2.5 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 457,876 views
    2. thumb_up 6,047 thanks given
    3. group 648 followers
    1. forum 1,639 posts
    2. attach_file 251 attachments

Search this Thread

The Beast Slayer, Lance's NQ Trading Journal

lancelottrader 
west palm beach florida usa
Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Broker: Optimus Futures/ Rithmic
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 1,113
Thanks Received: 5,386

Failure is not an option
Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

michaelleemoore 
Missoula, MT Nɫʔay(ccstm)
Market Wizard

Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 5,552
Thanks Received: 12,328

lancelottrader View Post
Hi there. Thanks for asking. Things have been going very well. Still trading pretty much the same system with some minor adjustments. I moved more away from Crude since it doesn't seem to have the same volatility it used to. I mainly trade NQ now, since it provides way more opportunities. The problem though is that it can be very dangerous to trade with a relatively small stop..unless you have the right market conditions and you are very precise with your entries.
I usually use a 20 tick stop and about a 20 tick target. These targets are very easy to reach..Sometimes I even get 40 tick targets.
I pretty much only trade 1 setup these days since it is the one I have had the most consistency with. A while back, a good friend of mine since I was a kid, asked me to trade his account and split profits. That arrangement has been working out very well and has made things much less stressful to me, since I am not risking my savings and stuff like that.
I will try to post some videos of trades again if anyone feels it would be of use.
Thanks for saying hi.

It's interesting to hear your comments about crude and the indexes. I have moved to YM, and my trades are based on ES reactions to S/R levels, along with VWAPs and OHLC areas. Crude just doesn't have the movement it used to, and the indexes are still on fire. Also, like you, I have moved away from FIO, though I still stop in from time to time. Good to see you back, and good to see someone I respect making a similar decision about trading instruments. Good fortune, my friend!

mlm

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 lancelottrader 
Market Wizard

michaelleemoore View Post
It's interesting to hear your comments about crude and the indexes. I have moved to YM, and my trades are based on ES reactions to S/R levels, along with VWAPs and OHLC areas. Crude just doesn't have the movement it used to, and the indexes are still on fire. Also, like you, I have moved away from FIO, though I still stop in from time to time. Good to see you back, and good to see someone I respect making a similar decision about trading instruments. Good fortune, my friend!

mlm

Hi. Thanks for your message. I hope everything is going great with you. I figured that someone such as yourself, who I always felt had great instincts and pattern recognition abilities, would see that Crude has changed from the way it once moved.
I have enjoyed reading your posts and seeing your trading techniques over the years. I think you have been a positive influence on many people here. I appreciate your comments.

Failure is not an option
Thanked by:
 lancelottrader 
Market Wizard

Here's a quick one. My last trade shows the value of having a good stop placement and not panicking.

Failure is not an option
 noobforlyfe 
Toronto , Ontario, Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart, SC
Trading: Emini ES, CL, USD/CAD
Thanks Given: 1,386
Thanks Received: 727

lancelottrader View Post
Here's a quick one. My last trade shows the value of having a good stop placement and not panicking.

Thanks for the video, great pointer about managing the stop wisely. In fact today I've been trying to reap back the profits i had during early into the day. Should've called it a day then. Compared to my last few days, today I have been an intense scalper today. Need to bring back some composure now, and wait for one or two good entries for the remaining of the trading day.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 lancelottrader 
Market Wizard

noobforlyfe View Post
Thanks for the video, great pointer about managing the stop wisely. In fact today I've been trying to reap back the profits i had during early into the day. Should've called it a day then. Compared to my last few days, today I have been an intense scalper today. Need to bring back some composure now, and wait for one or two good entries for the remaining of the trading day.

I hear you..Same thing happened to me yesterday. It goes back to that dilemma that you mentioned in your journal..about when to stop for the day. It's always hard to figure that out.

Failure is not an option
Thanked by:

Rrrracer 
On the road
Webinar Host
Trading Nomad

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TradingView
Broker: Oanda
Trading: FX
Thanks Given: 17,582
Thanks Received: 9,752

lancelottrader View Post
I hear you..Same thing happened to me yesterday. It goes back to that dilemma that you mentioned in your journal..about when to stop for the day. It's always hard to figure that out.

I'm getting to the point that if I start feeling discomposed or unsure, I should really be looking to call it a day. Especially if there's a profit on the line

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 lancelottrader 
Market Wizard

Rrrracer View Post
I'm getting to the point that if I start feeling discomposed or unsure, I should really be looking to call it a day. Especially if there's a profit on the line

Good idea.

Failure is not an option
 lancelottrader 
Market Wizard

Do you have a workable system that achieves consistent profits on SIM? But then when you go live , you have poor results..or sometimes.. total disasters. That was my experience for many years. This video explains in detail the strategies I used to overcome this issue. This info is definitely the most important thing that helped me finally break out of the pattern of constant failure.

Failure is not an option
 noobforlyfe 
Toronto , Ontario, Canada

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Sierra Chart, SC
Trading: Emini ES, CL, USD/CAD
Thanks Given: 1,386
Thanks Received: 727

lancelottrader View Post
Do you have a workable system that achieves consistent profits on SIM? But then when you go live , you have poor results..or sometimes.. total disasters. That was my experience for many years. This video explains in detail the strategies I used to overcome this issue. This info is definitely the most important thing that helped me finally break out of the pattern of constant failure.

Thanks for this video Lance. Breathing is very important and when its equally paced, you enable yourself to be at best physiologically, providing you with a better cognitive attention

Here is a two part tedx talk for those who are interested more into this. Part one goes into explanation as to how your breathing and emotions impact your cognitive abilities. Dr. Alan Watkins was a prominent neuroscientist and coming from a neuroscience education myself. We often went deeper into the more research parts of his work in our courses.

Anyhow, part 2 of this talk goes more in detail about how to calm your mind to allow you to be 'brilliant' every day.

I've shared it somewhere sometime back, but will link it once again for any readers on this thread.

part 1:

Part 2:

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Last Updated on April 11, 2023

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts