NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





spread in market scanner


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 4,078 views
    2. thumb_up 3 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 neuro 
torino,italy
 
Experience: Master
Platform: multicharts
Trading: futures
Posts: 3 since Dec 2010
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

Hi everyone! I'm a new member.My name is Marco. I use Multicharts.
I'd like to create a market scanner for screening spreads of a stock vs index! how can I do?
I can't use data2 in market scanner!
I could try to use ade but I'm not able to use ade with 2 different symbol!

can anyone help me?


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
EA
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
Jura's Avatar
 Jura   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 775 since Apr 2010
Thanks Given: 2,352
Thanks Received: 691



neuro View Post
I could try to use ade but I'm not able to use ade with 2 different symbol!

You can use ADE with 2 different symbols, which would also make it possible to work with historical spread values (meaning, the values for previous bars).

Since you want to plot it in the Market Scanner, an easier solution would be to use GlobalVariables (since you don't need the historical spread values, but only the real-time).

Something like the following untested indicator to get you started:
 
Code
// Update the Global variable with the last value of the index
if (GetSymbolName = "MyIndex") then begin

    value1 = GVSetNamedDouble("myIndex_Sprd", Close);

end 

// If the current symbol is not the index, get the global variable and calculate the spread
else begin

    value1 = GVGetNamedDouble("myIndex_Sprd", Close) - Close;
    
    Plot1(Close);
    
end;
(Though you probably want to calculate the spread with an index on a different way).


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #4 (permalink)
 neuro 
torino,italy
 
Experience: Master
Platform: multicharts
Trading: futures
Posts: 3 since Dec 2010
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 0

thank's a lot!
I'll try to use globalvariables.
can you write me an example of ade with 2 symbols?
thank you again for your help
marco.


Started this thread Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 
Jura's Avatar
 Jura   is a Vendor
 
Posts: 775 since Apr 2010
Thanks Given: 2,352
Thanks Received: 691


neuro View Post
thank's a lot!
I'll try to use globalvariables.
can you write me an example of ade with 2 symbols?
thank you again for your help
marco.

See this thread for an example of using ADE with 2 symbols.


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on February 23, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts