NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Important differences between session templates


Discussion in Stocks and ETFs

Updated
    1. trending_up 2,413 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 
ShruggedAtlas's Avatar
 ShruggedAtlas 
Bloomington
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: Stocks
Posts: 191 since Apr 2011
Thanks Given: 78
Thanks Received: 75

I have in the past wondered why my charts often varied dramatically and I'm still unclear myself as to what the best templates to use with some of my ETFs. i only trade them during standard trading time but I find that monitoring aftermarket and premarket activity to be helpful sometimes. Still does anyone know the best template to view SPY and other similar ETF's?

Look at the images below and see how different all of the indicators are. One is default 24/7 and the other is US Equities RTH.

Which session template is the most 'correct'?


"I've missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game-winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
- Michael Jordan, 5-Time NBA Most Valuable Player, 6-Time NBA Champion
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SPY30 minute after.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	68756   Click image for larger version

Name:	SPY30 minute before.JPG
Views:	269
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	68757  
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
EA
Platforms and Indicators
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
cory's Avatar
 cory 
virginia
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Posts: 6,099 since Jun 2009
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,098


when in doubt use 24hr template 'Money Never Sleeps'


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on April 3, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts