NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,258,597 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

flyingprimus123
las Palmas

Thanks Given: 13
Thanks Received: 1

Hello Everybody

I'm not THAT professional in trading but had from a friend a recommendation to
join with the journals in Big Mike forum because I am a DAX trader and some currencies.
So I hope here people to find from who I can learn and follow their ideas because together
we make such a forum strong.

Flyingprimus123
From the Netherlands

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

robtabamo
Monterey California

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

masterx584 View Post
I was a C++ programmer before

thats cool. In terms of trading, did you teach yourself how to trade or did you go to trading trading institutions or purchase them?

robtabamo
Monterey California

Hi all, I'm new to trading. I am currently paper trading at the moment with a TDAmeritrade account and on an Investopedia account. That said, i wanted to know if anyone knew reliable or credible trading sources that i can inquire to learn more on trading. Thanks guys.

zacgawn
Dubai UAE

Thanks Given: 2

Hi there,

I am new to the forum and new to forex trading too.

Currently trading the majors + commodity pairs on a demo account.

I am using Median Lines atm and looking for a few other traders to grow and learn with especially if anyone else here is in Dubai.

All the best

Zac

mrotto 
milwaukee, WI USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Track N Trade
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 1

Just joined the group today.

Background, hm. Started trading commodities in 1999 from a Ken Roberts flyer I got in the mail. Three months later tried a strategy and accumulated call options in gold. A couple months later gold spiked and a $5000 account was now $80,000. Wow, that was simple, I thought. You can guess what happened.

Reentered the market a couple years later. Took some classes, attended seminars and got fairly decent. Always was looking to learn so I joined some chatrooms and ended up trading more off what I heard on chatrooms than what I learned from the classes.

Now reentering the market and need to really get serious. I learned what NOT to do, now I need to learn WHAT to do. Willing to "erase the disk" and start fresh. Any suggestions appreciated.

Plusses I have going for me is that I was a student of Mack Clark, the greatest Business Management expert on the planet. I can used what I learned and apply it to the Commodities Business. I run a business full time so I cannot day trade right now but that is my goal.

Looking forward to being a "sponge" of all the knowledge here.

nikko
paris/france

hello,

I'm nicolas from Paris,
after 2 years as an unactive futures.io (formerly BMT) member enjoying the videos, I will try to be more active from now on.

I've been trading mostly forex (spot) and european equities for 3 years.

I will probably open a journal as it can surely be useful to me and hopefully others members.

Investoren
Warsaw, Poland

Hi !

I've been trading for quite a few years, mainly stocks.
Joined futures.io (formerly BMT) as my trading will intensify - and will now be my full time engagement.

Good luck to all

Investoren
------------------
Anticipate, don't predict
Be disciplined - look for confirmation

casacup
Rome, Italy

Thanks Given: 3

Hi there.

I'm some random dude from Italy who trades whatever moves. I like coding, i do most of my coding on trading view, but i wanna move to proper platform like think or swim, and maybe ninja trader one day.

I like relative strength trading and hedge trading, cause i'm an engineer so i tend to see the math side of a trade.

My bulk of trades have been on bitcoin for the first year. I'm now in stock, forex and cfd. No futures yet but i hope to get liquid enough to go there as well.

Marco

karaya
Vienna Austria

Thanks Given: 1

Hi there,

I'm Danny

I have more or less successfully traded in stocks for a while and I am now looking into trading indices with NinjaTrader. (indices because they seem to move less erratic and have higher liquidity)

Everything started when I read on of those books that simply sell newbies on the idea of trading in CFDs.
Thank god I was smart enough to not fall for this as I am especially not capable to control my emotions enough to make that work.

I have spent the last 10 years on and off learning about the background and I will not stop until I have tried to have a computer trade my strategy. Either I fail and will at least find peace of mind - or I succeed and get some money. Either way I can only win.

So let's get it on!

rikkos123 
Black Creek

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader IB Tws Multicharts
Broker: IB FXCM
Trading: Crude Oil

Hello Folks
Thanks Big Mike for creating this forum. There is allot of great info here and I hope to be able to contribute to this as well.

My last intro got deleted because I mentioned the school I went to to learn about trading so I will omit that this time. Going to school and taking a proper education in trading was the best thing I ever did and dung the first few days of courses I found out how much I didn't know about the markets.

Being much better prepared now and since I started live trading I did very well (35%) in 2 months but, that early success led to me to become overconfident and I have since nearly blown one of my accounts. Back to the basics now and begin the recovery process which is primarily a function of psychological and emotional control.

Currently using IB and the TWS for trading but, I would like to move to a better platform such as NT, MC or anything else that folks are willing to to share experiences about. My focus is futures and stocks while I have been educated in options I would like to begin trading them also.

Hope you are all doing well.

Rick

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts