NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,273,844 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

glitched
Houston, TX

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Taking the holiday weekend to try to learn a thing or two.

Thanks.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
26 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
13 thanks
Trading with Intuition
12 thanks
EG Indicators
11 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
9 thanks
Freedomx
Paris, France

Hello traders, joined the forum few months ago and now taking my trading journey seriously I glad to participate with this community. Thanks !

mariafp
Annecy, France

Thanks Given: 136
Thanks Received: 90

Hi, I am Maria - I am originally from Eastern Europe, now living in France. I teach children maths, mostly as a private tutor.

Things like pandemics and wars were not easy for me, to say it mildly, but I remain optimistic.

I have friends, both previous teachers, who now earn their living from trading - one "comfortably" and the other "just about". I hope to do this also by the end of 2024. (Is it unrealistic?).

I have very little experience and only on demo, but I have a degree in math and statistics, and probability is kind of "my subject," and naturally I am hoping this may be an advantage rather than a disadvantage(?).

The last forum I joined was horrible, I know already that this one will be both much nicer and much more suitable for me. I hope I will not be too unsuitable for it!

Thanked by:
barnes
Adelaide Australia

Thanks Given: 0

Good day traders. I'm barnes, trading since 2004. Mostly Forex as a swing trader without much success. Done several years of CFD trading stocks on ASX, without much success. Never blew my account. Had success mostly with carry trades but without leverage. I have a handyman's business and I'm a buyer's real estate agent as well, so life is busy. I came here to learn from all of you, and to slowly become a day trader with new vision. Thank you all in advance.

PrimoActual
New York, New York, USA

Okay

Thanked by:
aMiclea
Cluj Napoca, Romania

Hello everyone!

My trading road was a bumpy one, starting 4 years ago with crypto and blowing account after account, low ones, never put too much money as I was seeing that I have no luck in that period. In time, i was seeing that the things that I was trading are more like the flip of a coin, trading chart patterns and bolinger bands wothout an actual strategy. From there I was aleays in a search for information on the internet, trying to filter information from BS.

At some point I found out about market profile and market microstructure and why prices move and this eas a subject that I started to love. Not just trading overall but why markets behave the way they do, even found a couple of university courses in the internet. This changed my trading a little bit and I started to see much more green on the screen. Almost an year ago, i have found about prop firms and tought that it would be best to leave crypto on a side and start trading futures and I think that this was the best decision ever. I started to use sierra charts instead of trading view and at first, my screen was full of footprint charts, market profiles, range charts with cumulative delta, etc. which furned out for me to not be quite as usefull as I tought.

Now, i have followed no BS trading’s advice and got rid of the charts, I only use them for pre market prep and to check from time to time what happsned and only have my DOM, trying to scalp and I love this stile. After a couple of weeks iI can feel a difference in my trading. My biggest problem tho is taking unnecessary trades and talking myself intk seeing things in the dom where there is actually just a random walk happening.

My win rate started to increase and I started recording my trades. Slowly but surely, it’s going in the roght direction.

Thanked by:
 Miesto 
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 801
Thanks Received: 1,194

mariafp View Post
.....math and statistics, and probability is kind of "my subject," and naturally I am hoping this may be an advantage rather than a disadvantage(?).

Well, it certainly was for some, an advantage that is. Take for example Jim Simons (Renaissance Technologies) or Doyne Farmer and Norman Packard, the founders of "Prediction Company". Their amazing story is told in the book " The Predictors" written by Thomas Bass.

One thing is clear though, they use(d) a lot of computer power/knowledge.

Thought you might like it.

p.s. see the difference between these traders and the educators we were talking about in that other thread?

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Joan109
Amsterdam, the Netherlands

My introduction: Trade futures ES and options SPY on Tradestation. Work with cycles that I have developed myself for direction of the trend.

Thanked by:
YodaTaint
Seattle, WA

Hello I don't have much actual trading experience. I am using NinjaTrader at my internship and joined to learn some more things about it!

Thanked by:
traderls
Calgary, CA

Hello traders,

I started to learn trading a few years ago, still haven't found consistency yet. Have always only traded small since I've not demonstrated to myself discipline and consistency yet. Have also only followed Al Brook's price action trading method so far. It's been a great learning experience and I quite enjoy it. I'm here to learn from all traders. Hoping that with a few years of hard work, I can become a full time day trader by 2027.

Thank you all in advance!

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts