NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,258,436 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

RJDayTrading
Philadelphia, PA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 10

Hello all,

Just started trading in financial markets with actual money, moving off the demo account. I trade the biggest movers in US Equities right after the open. I'm wrapped up within an hour or two at the most.

------------------------------------

I have past experience at a quant firm as a market maker in options, automated, discretionary and customer orders. I gained knowledge about how financial markets work in general, but I don't use anything specific to my prior experience now. No options or quant-based/algorithmic trading.

For the past few years I've made a living betting on politics. I'm not here to shill that betting platform, and I'm transitioning away for a multitude of reasons that aren't important.

I've bounced around some before finding this style of very short term trading right after the open. In general the markets feel like a sandbox and I have no idea what to look for or where to start. But this makes sense to me because I know exactly what the parameters are of the game I'm playing. I know the stocks that are in play by the morning and I know the key price levels/movement for buying/shorting. I know that I need to be in and out between a few seconds and a few minutes. It's fast-paced and exciting, and I crave that.

I don't use technical indicators at all outside of basic support and resistance. It's entirely trading around those key price levels and reading the tape and order book. It's challenging, but I feel like there are generally "correct" answers - buy, sell/short, no trade.

Finally, I stay away from any instruments that are dominated by institutions and algo traders. I understand from my Wall St experience just how sophisticated and powerful the traders in those markets can be. How many unknownable and disparate factors go into the prices. For the folks who find success trading large caps, liquid futures, forex, commodities, etc, that's awesome. But I want to trade alongside retail as much as possible.

I'm looking forward to being a member of this community and continuing to learn as much as I can.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

AllSeeker 
Mumbai, India
Legendary Pratik_4Clover

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradingView & ZerodhaKite
Trading: NIFTY, BANKNIFTY
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 5,249
Thanks Received: 5,014

RJDayTrading View Post
Hello all,

Just started trading in financial markets with actual money, moving off the demo account. I trade the biggest movers in US Equities right after the open. I'm wrapped up within an hour or two at the most.

I have past experience at a quant firm as a market maker in options, automated, discretionary and customer orders. I gained knowledge about how financial markets work in general, but I don't use anything specific to my prior experience now. No options or quant-based/algorithmic trading.

For the past few years I've made a living betting on politics. I'm not here to shill that betting platform, and I'm transitioning away for a multitude of reasons that aren't important.

I've bounced around some before finding this style of very short term trading right after the open. In general the markets feel like a sandbox and I have no idea what to look for or where to start. But this makes sense to me because I know exactly what the parameters are of the game I'm playing. I know the stocks that are in play by the morning and I know the key price levels/movement for buying/shorting. I know that I need to be in and out between a few seconds and a few minutes. It's fast-paced and exciting, and I crave that.

I don't use technical indicators at all outside of basic support and resistance. It's entirely trading around those key price levels and reading the tape and order book. It's challenging, but I feel like there are generally "correct" answers - buy, sell/short, no trade.

Finally, I stay away from any instruments that are dominated by institutions and algo traders. I understand from my Wall St experience just how sophisticated and powerful the traders in those markets can be. How many unknownable and disparate factors go into the prices. For the folks who find success trading large caps, liquid futures, forex, commodities, etc, that's awesome. But I want to trade alongside retail as much as possible.

I'm looking forward to being a member of this community and continuing to learn as much as I can.

Welcome! Nice to have you onboard and I hope to learn from you

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
AAggrofish
Miami, Florida, USA

Thanks Given: 4
Thanks Received: 1

Hello,

my name is Geno. I am a live poker player, but due to the covid-19 quarantine, i had to find new ways of making money. Because of a friend who had a course about how to trade in the stockmarket with technical analys by Fran Fialli I got interested in this business. After what I learned, I think the most important skill to victory in trading is psychology and discipline, just like poker.
I found this forum searching for info. It looks very cool and useful. I hope I can help people once I get better.

Life is beatiful.

Thanked by:
FuturesRus
Edmonton, Alberta

Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 0

Good day fellow Traders,

A quick shout out to Fritzk (hopefully the right Fritzk) for suggesting I join the community here.

Looking forward to absorbing lots of knowledge at this point, being a new day trader.
In the mean time back to

To green days, staying healthy and save in these times,

Cheers

Current Markets: Indices Futures (S&P 500 E-Mini & Micro Futures)
Future Markets: Equities (Swing Trades)
Platform: NT8

BastienFaure
Grenoble France

Thanks Received: 22

Hello all,

Beginner french trader here, I've been trading for about a year.

I started with DAX on CFD but I'm started to learn about futures and so I discovered this amazing forum.

I like price action and I'm currently learning Mack's price action trading system, let's see how it goes !

My goal would be to get funded when I'll be ready and see how far I can go.

Platform: NT8
Market: ES S&P 500

Hope to learn and share on this forum,
Good day everyone,
Cheers

jeremypellicano
Rochester, NY, United States

Seems like an old messaging site but I'm glad to read others and share my own experiences if it helps anyone! Thanks for having me. - Jeremypellicano

myklan 
Brussels, Belgium.

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: Gold
Thanks Received: 1

Hello

New to futures.io and very happy to be here.

I hope to learn a lot (after a few years of hesitation).

Thank's

tzeta
buenos aires

Hi Mike:
Long ago I entered the forum looking for something that I do not remember now. Nor do I remember whether or not something of what is written here helped me. I have been using Ninjatrader for a year with the idea of gaining experience in speculation in the futures market.
Consequently, after a year of constant practice, I can give my opinion on various issues related to the use of this platform for futures trading and of Ninjatrader as a broker.
Thank you

itconsultant
Didcot+Oxfordshire

Thanks Given: 2

Hi,

Looks like a good site to be part of, have been a stock, CFD and fx trader for a while, have made lots at some points and but have lost more than I made unfortunately. I was interested in futures and felt i knew nothing about it although I have traded warrants before, that is how i came upon this site. Have been looking at S&P 500, E mini and Micro Emins. I am based out of UK.

I could do with some help finding brokers in the UK through whom i can trade these, please not CFD or spreads planforms, there are plenty of them. The one direct dealer i have found is interactive brokers, but the margin requirements are quite high.

So, any input is appreciated.

Cheers & many thanks.

dankman528
Minneapolis

Thanks Received: 3

Hey Guys!

My name is Dan and I have been day trading the ES consistently for the past 8 months now. I started trading periodically in college (2008) and have gotten in and out of it ever since. In the past 8 months I have made the decision to put significantly more effort into fine tuning my techniques to become consistently profitable.
I run a real estate investment firm where we invest in multifamily properties in the Minneapolis St Paul area in MN, which is where I live.
Since I have a career where I can make my own hours, and have some capital to put to work, I figured this was a good time to get more serious about trading.

One thing I learned in real estate is that networking is everything! So, I am here to expand my trader network and meet others who share my passion.

If anyone else here is in the Minneapolis area, let me know! I would love to meet and chat about our experiences.

Dan

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts