NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,254,310 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

wsjiii
Memphis, TN

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello,

Long-time trader but still unsuccessful. However, I still haven't given up. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Currently trading the Eminis and Emicro minis. I also do some investing in ETFs and crypto.

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

SpyESTrader
Tacoma, Wa Pierce County

Thanks Given: 1

How do I add a response?

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

SpyESTrader View Post
How do I add a response?

Just hit the "Post Reply" button on the bottom left of the thread.

Or in case you want to reply to someone's post, hit the "Quote" button in that particular post.

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn
Thanked by:
SpyESTrader
Tacoma, Wa Pierce County

Daytrader999 View Post
Just hit the "Post Reply" button on the bottom left of the thread.

Or in case you want to reply to someone's post, hit the "Quote" button in this particular post.

I like it. I have always planned my own life in the work World but my wife always has other plans. LOL

Thanked by:

Daytrader999 
Ilsede, Germany
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: Rithmic / CQG / Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 2,067
Thanks Received: 2,316

SpyESTrader View Post
I like it. I have always planned my own life in the work World but my wife always has other plans. LOL

Well, I just don't know if your reply was directed to me....however, most people learn from long-term experience these words of wisdom, happy wife - happy life.

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much." - Jim Rohn
 Evian 
Memphis TN

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TWS, TradingView, KuCoin
Trading: Options, Crypto, Futures
Thanks Received: 4

Hello everyone,

I'm a full time day trader now after leaving a career in public accounting. I'm currently studying for the CFP with the intention of managing money & advising others financially. I'm just starting my futures journey (literally had my first day of trading them today, went pretty well given my bearish sentiment). I was primarily using options in the past and had success but the advantages of futures tax wise, profit simplicity, speed, and their more macro view on pricing etc etc has rather quickly won me over.

This forum has already been a great help to me as I was looking for an edge with my strategies, stumbled upon DOM visualization and getting everything setup I kept finding myself back here reading threads so I decided to join up. I use a similar methodology as outlined in Trader Vic's Method of A Wall St Master book a mix of fundamental and technical factors in decision making primarily biased towards fundamental views. Along with SpotGamma's excellent information to make decisions on cutting losses or riding things out. I recently added Bookmap with Rithmic and IB (I have an AMP account to, to pay for the Rithmic feed but I don't use it for anything else) to better understand the market flow at support and resistance lines to make better decisions faster & it's very effective, can't believe it isn't more popular and discussed.

Mostly Index futures & crypto futures for now, but looking to expand into commodities down the road.

Happy to be here!

Evian

P.S no I'm not French, just like the water and couldn't think of a username so I picked something that was on my trading desk.

Thanked by:
gosufx
Nottingham

Hi everyone, I've been trading since 2015. Started on forex then eventually moved to futures.

I daytrade breakouts on the UK/US sessions.

If I trade my strat perfectly without making mistakes I'm on about 80% wr.

I wanted to ask other experienced futures traders.... what happens when you start trading over 300 contracts? do you need to hide your orders? because seeing a stack of 300 contracts on the price ladder could affect the decisions of other participants.

nayansavla
nairobi, kenya

hello all, am from nairobi, am a newbie, hoping to get some valuable info, thanks

edgybrah
Zagreb, Croatia

Hey bros, I have been trading crypto since march 2021, now trading stock indexes (dax,dow,ftse,nasdaq) trying to use price action. Having a good setups for entry but bad emotional control is barring me from bigger profits. Looking forward to learn from you guys and big thanks to big mike for creating this forum.

Cheers!

Thanked by:
YM guy
Detroit, MI

Thanks Given: 3

Hi Mike and everybody!
I'm primarily a YM trader (micros/MYM)
Been trading futures a few months but was always fascinated by the futures market and learned about options/stocks via long/short about 2 years ago.
I consider myself a fundamental trader as most of what I'm trying to do is trade based on my current global macro outlook as opposed to using charts and TA.

I'll use a little TA but pretty much just the slow stochastic at the moment yet am open to adopt about 20% TA to my method and 80% fundamentals.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts