NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,248,862 views
    2. thumb_up 12,016 thanks given
    3. group 6,320 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

dantheman9012 
elizabethtown

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: Emini NQ
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi,

I have been a member for a few months, but haven't posted anything. I saw a link to post an introduction here, but I'm not sure how to create a separate thread/post as that might be more visable for people searching for the same thing I'm posting about. This seemed to be the only option to post an introduction after searching around the site a while.

My name is Daniel. I've been trading futures and forex for the past 5 years, mostly trading on the e-mini Nasdaq futures contract.

I have a considerable amount of experience, prehaps not compare to some of you, I've read over 30 books and audiobooks on trading and I've gone through multiple courses including an exclusive course from a firm that was exclusively trading forex, as well as trading experience and now automated trading.

I am looking for historical tick data for NQ going back past a year. Also, I was wondering if there was any other members out there doing automated strategies and wanted to collaborate to find out what data feed your using. I had an error the other day due to my data feed quality that disabled my automated strategy. I've been considering other data feeds that are more consistent and will not create these problems. Wanted to see what others who are using automated strategies are using for their data feed on here.

Thanks, happy to be a part of this site!

DC

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

sjoptions
San Francisco, CA

Hi everyone, and thank you Mike for putting this site together.

I work as a quant and options trading software developer. My concentration is on volatility trading and statistical analysis. It's nice to meet you all.

Morris

OnTrak 
Mascoutah, IL

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS and NT8
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 9

Looking to increase my ES mini skill set as my main goal for being here. 1 year trader overall, 4 months ES.
Any and all advice appreciated.
Thanks
OnTrak

nano17450
bogota

Mike.

I have been long time looking to talk with people about trading, i really dont know how to believe, so i push myselft to search and i get this community and hopefull could get new expertise on tradding world.

Im a simple person looking to get time ffor his familly, i ussualy lost money a lot of money and right now i could not see my family and inclusive i cant live in my country due actual bad conditions.

im a civil engineer, i expend part of my time enjoinng work on field cheking Qa/QC things on diferrent project but i cant enjoy it at 100% due i dont have free time and no money as i want.

my goal to start on this community is start to learn with you, and help people from 0 to get profits, no only money,also grow up as a human beam.

(Sorry for my bad english)

ale1975
MILANO ITALY

Thanks Received: 1

Ciao Mike!
Sono felice di far parte di questa comunita', sono nuovo di futures, sto iniziando ad utilizzare la ninja..
lo strumento che trado e' il mini S&P.. in scalping.

Buon Trading a Tutti !!!!

Thanked by:
 Indicator 
Concord, new hampshire

Experience: None
Platform: Ninjatrader
Trading: Emini es
Thanks Given: 24

High Everyone,

Brand new to trading but very excited to start working towards freedom from my desk job! Looks like there is a ton of information to start sorting through here so off I go. Wish me luck!

Thanks!

Iceman3
Pointe du Chene, New Brunswick, Canada

Greetings all:
I started trading stocks on my own but knew just about nothing. Later I had a terrible experience with an outfit that got me into options (call spreads) and I lost a TON of money.

I decided I needed to learn and develop my own system of trading and not rely on any so called "experts." I have made slight adjustments along the way but feel confident I can make money with my system/method.

My BIG problem is hesitating when I see a set-up that fits. Not sure if it's a fear of losing after taking such a beating in the past, or if it's my analytical personality that wants to analyze when I need to pull the trigger. I see the set-ups in real time, put my order in place, and far to often just watch. I need to get over this if I am going to continue, which I really want to do.

Look forward to hearing and learning from others.

Evangelos 
Athens, Attika, Greece

Experience: None
Platform: Multicharts
Trading: Nothing yet
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 4

Hi everyone!
Glad to become member of this great communtiy, I follow youtube channel for a while but its just a few weeks i decided to start learning about programing and automated trading. I picked up Multicharts and I am now in the procedure of learning the code in order to be able to write my strategies, backtest and evaluate them. I'd be glad if anyone could suggest me any topic or thread about easylanguage/powerlanguage.
I hope I'll be able to help somehow the community,
Good Day to everyone.

Thanked by:
pennystock
San Francisco, CA, USA

Thanks Given: 2

Just here to pick up new ideas and hopefully share any useful ones I may find.

deelousy
van canada

Thanks Received: 9

Happy to be here, and looking forward to interacting with everyone

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts