NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,249,398 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,320 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

FuturesTrader71 

Thanks Given: 174
Thanks Received: 1,514

2underpar View Post
Hi all,

I joined this group and looking to find more information regarding the following link. Can anyone shed any light?

- unicourt.com/case/pc-db5-stage-5-trading-corporation-et-al-v-askar-et-al-159370 - (copy and paste into browser)

Sincerely

Happy to answer any questions. This link just leads to a court record which is mainly full of misspellings and nothing useful as this case has been at a standstill. Dismissal was filed by my attorney last month.

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities

FuturesTrader71 

Thanks Given: 174
Thanks Received: 1,514

redneck4Christ View Post
What a can of worms!

We will probably end up on a separate thread if Big Mike will allow this conversation to continue at all. You will have my contact info and I can PM you to continue if there is more to say about this.

I had a big row with AMP and OPTIMUS over trying to fund an account and a misplaced check (on another thread), so I went to Stage 5 for a better experience. Stage 5 set me up with a trading account and I got started with Trade the News (TTN) through Stage 5 for a discounted price.

But I had a major problem with TTN. I was in a chat room and somebody mentioned a news report on TTN and the ES made a big move, but my version of TTN didn't report it -- a Trump tweet, if I remember correctly. So, I tried to find out what other versions of TTN were available and what they cost. But TTN must have gone to the same charm school as AMP. So, I told ST5 to cancel my TTN subscription -- there were plenty of other places I could get spotty news service for little or no cost.

Then I found FuturesTrader71 and Convergent Trading and an even better offer -- for a lower price than TTN with ST5, I could have a membership to Convergent and TTN was a “bonus”. But what I also found was the inkling of what you posted. When I did some due diligence on Morad Askar (FuturesTrader71) and Convergent, I found some old search engine hits and other info about FT71's former affiliation with ST5. But I did not know about their lawsuit until your post I noticed today. I found a court doc related to Askar’s divorce from a wife before the one in the docs you referenced, but what you referenced was apparently buried a bit deeper and I didn’t know about it.

TTN invoked some weird rule that I could not resubscribe to them for 3, 4, or 6 months (I can’t remember the length of time) after unsubscribing with ST5. I let them know I was all broken up about not getting to use their spotty news service for a few months. Then Convergent managed to get TTN for me before their quarantine period was up only to drop TTN from their offering and replace it with another news service a couple of months later.

While this was transpiring, I was copying ST5 when I emailed Convergent about TTN and vice-versa. At one point, I was pointedly told not to do that by Convergent. Now, I understand the nerve I was rubbing. Also, other things seem to come into perspective.

Convergent’s website seemed to be in a formulative state for at least 2 or 3 years. Their membership enrollment has been listed as “beta” from the time I joined last September until at least today when I checked. And the “Convergent Trading Community Introduction Video” is dated March 16, 2018. I have received an email a few days ago that, “The Convergent Trading Community Beta will be ending Feb 29, 2020.” Maybe that is an indication there may be some resolution to this case this month.

Hey there...I'm happy to answer any questions. In the US, anyone can sue for anything and the allegations don't have to be true for it to be filed. Suits are filed as a way to smear people all the time.

Stage 5's owners have been in litigation to dissolve the company since July 2019. That is filed in state court. The federal case has been on hold (pending) mostly until the state case is resolved. In my opinion, it is all legal maneuvering to concentrate control over the brokerage. The team that you know and for which Stage 5 received awards here at Futures.io all terminated their employment in the span of a week in September 2019. I have had no affiliation with Stage 5 since late 2017 or so. I did my best to keep the team together, but there was too much to work against to make that happen.

That team is now with me at Edge Clear. We executed a soft-launch in April 2, 2020. We are building something that is fantastic and I'm very happy about it.

I believe people are the lifeblood of a business and they should always be treated with respect and should feel secure in their employment. So it was a priority for me that if the team wasn't going to continue to work at Stage 5, that I did something to keep it together.

In any case, feel free to ask questions and I will answer as transparently as I always have.

Risk Disclaimer: Trading Futures is not suitable for all investors. Past Performance is not indicative of future results.

If you have any questions about the products or services provided, please send me a Private Message or use the futures.io " Ask Me Anything" thread
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
 FuturesPanda 
Edmonton Alberta/Canada

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 5

Hi Everyone! New to trading and looking to learn all I can. Thanks in advance for all the guidance!

Thanked by:
FuturesTrader11
Wichita, Kansas, USA

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 4

FuturesPanda View Post
Hi Everyone! New to trading and looking to learn all I can. Thanks in advance for all the guidance!

Hi there. Just wondering by your name do you mostly just trade The Futures markets? I know you said your new to trading but was just wondering. If you do trade futures, have you found any ones you like to trade yet?

Thanked by:
 FuturesPanda 
Edmonton Alberta/Canada

FuturesTrader11 View Post
Hi there. Just wondering by your name do you mostly just trade The Futures markets? I know you said your new to trading but was just wondering. If you do trade futures, have you found any ones you like to trade yet?

Hello. I haven't found any I've favored yet, however, I mostly plan on sticking to 1 or 2 markets to learn them as I don't want to spread myself too thin. Currently eyeing ES and maybe CL or GC. How about yourself?

Thanked by:
FuturesTrader11
Wichita, Kansas, USA

Thanks Received: 4

FuturesPanda View Post
Hello. I haven't found any I've favored yet, however, I mostly plan on sticking to 1 or 2 markets to learn them as I don't want to spread myself too thin. Currently eyeing ES and maybe CL or GC. How about yourself?

Since your just starting out I think that is a great idea to stick to just 1 or 2. Sometimes I stick with just the indexes for a period of time, then sometimes I trade 1 or 2 of the indexes along with the CL and/or GC. Depending on how each one is moving at the time. But since your starting out sticking to one index and just one between the CL or GC, I think is great. Overall in my opinion the indexes each act overall pretty close to one another, so sticking to and learning one will help you learn the rest of the indexes. Also with the CL and GC, sticking to one or the other and learning that one in my opinion will help with learning the other since I think they act a little bit alike, not as much as the indexes but they do have similarities. But with all this being said some traders will still just stick to one or two to trade just about always so its all personal preference.

Thanked by:
 FuturesPanda 
Edmonton Alberta/Canada

FuturesTrader11 View Post
Since your just starting out I think that is a great idea to stick to just 1 or 2. Sometimes I stick with just the indexes for a period of time, then sometimes I trade 1 or 2 of the indexes along with the CL and/or GC. Depending on how each one is moving at the time. But since your starting out sticking to one index and just one between the CL or GC, I think is great. Overall in my opinion the indexes each act overall pretty close to one another, so sticking to and learning one will help you learn the rest of the indexes. Also with the CL and GC, sticking to one or the other and learning that one in my opinion will help with learning the other since I think they act a little bit alike, not as much as the indexes but they do have similarities. But with all this being said some traders will still just stick to one or two to trade just about always so its all personal preference.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. There's a long road ahead, but even the learning journey sounds fun to me. I'm pretty happy to have found this forum, it has been great so far, already been reading a tonne and everyone seems very helpful, and seems like one of the best forums in terms of community.

Thanked by:
Canuck88
Toronto Canada

Thanks Received: 6

Hi All,

I have been trading off and on for the last 5 years. I have not found success yet and I think that is because I jump around constantly.

The last two years have been spent focusing on the real estate market, and while I enjoy real estate and will continue to buy when I have the funds, the reality is that it is cash heavy for downpayments.

As such I would like to come back to futures because out of everything so far : Stocks, Options , Forex and Futures, it is the one that I seem to understand best and enjoy.

I am a trader who likes to focus on TA but am trying everyday to get better at FA.

My goal is to trade to the point where I can do it full time. In the short term, I would like to reach the point of making 500.00 / week.

Excited to be a part of the community!

Canuck

Thanked by:
elihurley
Honolulu HI

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi Big Mike,

I've been your fan for more than a decade (Bigmiketrading.com days). I used to trade forex for many years with decent success. Used to trade with MB Trading on NinjaTrader 6 but they sold their brokerage to Tradeking and it further sold to Ally and then Gain Capital. So everything Halted. During this time started doing a full-time job as a Business analyst. Time passed by quickly Ninjatrader changed to NT8. Now I am trying to start trading again, part-time and set up everything from scratch.

Happy Trading,

Liz

Thanked by:
Avila
Avila+Spain

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 6

Hi,
My name is Miguel. I am Spanish.
I started to do trading almost 20 years ago.
I trade mini s&p al crude oil futures.
I trade with volume and price.
My big problem: Psychology
My big skill: Read nice the background market.
Regards,

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts