NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,248,053 views
    2. thumb_up 12,015 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,645 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

Baron25
Herndon

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hi Everybody,

I've done the same thing - blew up accounts and traded impulsively because the price "looked like it was gonna" go up/down and it always went the other way with me establishing a new high where I go long or a new low where I go short.

Yes - I'm the one who makes the market do that.

A friend watched me trade for a while and named my trading style the "PSL" method. That stands for the Panic Stricken Lunatic method. And I earned that style name on a daily basis!

I know that when the market opens in the morning that I should watch and do nothing until I see what it's doing and I see a tradeable pullback of some kind. I know that if the market takes off not to chase it. Don't chase it! Whatever you do don't chase it! I know this! Now... the market opens, it takes off - and now I'm a Border Collie and an ice cream truck just drove by! And now I'm down $80! By the end of the day, I'm up maybe $10 or $20 and I'm promising myself to never do that again. Except that my trading provides me with a never ending series of days patterned after the movie "Groundhog Day".

I need some help here! Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Baron25

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Blonde
Luxembourg, LU

Thanks Given: 99
Thanks Received: 17

Hiya,

Lets beat the market together, yeay! Thus, let's share all the Ninjatrader-8 indicators, systems, and books together.

Fallen

Thanked by:
R3BATH
Chiangmai Thailand

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

hi there
blew up account extremely eager to learn the trade no prior knowledge. trading mini futures. Learning and improving by the day. On Ninja-trader. Knowledge is power. Looking for the know hows information to become successful Day trader.
Goal 5 tickets for 1 points 5 times a day. constantly everyday by going in with proven technical analysis.

Improving by the day !

Thanked by:
 Mrclaude 
Balneario Camboriu, Santa Catarina, Brazil

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TradeStation, NinjaTrader
Trading: Gold + Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 36

Hello Trading Community, I'm an ex floor trader....I traded in the pits of the Chicago Board of Trade and the LIFFE Exchange in England over a 20 year period as an independent trader. Tried to migrate to screen trading, but never could make it work as pit trading really cannot be emulated on the open playing field of screen trading. After many years being retired, I'm going to jump back into the sauna with a new approach. I like point and figure charting as I used them in the pits on hand held cards. If anyone knows of any third party enhancements for PnF on NinjaTrader, please let me know. I would like to be able to do horizontal and vertical counts, view anchor lines, draw 45 degree trend lines etc.

Best of luck to Everybody!

Thanked by:
 jokertrader 
NYC, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra, TT
Broker: N/A
Trading: Spread Researcher and crypto degen
Thanks Given: 545
Thanks Received: 360

@Mrclaude one thing I can think of is Sierra package 5 ..of course there are others like CQG or even TT standard

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 Mrclaude 
Balneario Camboriu, Santa Catarina, Brazil

Platform: TradeStation, NinjaTrader
Trading: Gold + Currency Futures
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 36

@jokertrader Thanks for your leads; I will suss them out. Much appreciated.

Thanked by:

Aurac 
London+United Kingdom

Platform: eSignal
Broker: InteractiveBrokers
Trading: If it moves...
Thanks Given: 90
Thanks Received: 93

Mrclaude View Post
Hello Trading Community, I'm an ex floor trader....I traded in the pits of the Chicago Board of Trade and the LIFFE Exchange in England over a 20 year period as an independent trader. Tried to migrate to screen trading, but never could make it work as pit trading really cannot be emulated on the open playing field of screen trading. After many years being retired, I'm going to jump back into the sauna with a new approach. I like point and figure charting as I used them in the pits on hand held cards. If anyone knows of any third party enhancements for PnF on NinjaTrader, please let me know. I would like to be able to do horizontal and vertical counts, view anchor lines, draw 45 degree trend lines etc.

I suggest you start a new thread on P&F and see how it goes.

Thanked by:

casey44 
Louisville KY

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8
Trading: micros
Frequency: Daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 4,057
Thanks Received: 315

Mrclaude View Post

@Mrclaude, might have a look at the PriceActionSwing indicator. Don't think it has many of the features you want but might offer a bit of helpful perspective to the PnF charts til you find something wholly as you wish.

It's actually a package of three indicators, there are many settings that can be adjusted, so be aware there is a thread devoted just to the use of the PAS indi in case you have questions or want to ask for help about it.

Go to the dark blue Menu bar just under the Futures.io title and click on “Downloads/Indicators”.... over on far right find a listing of Top Downloads etc. There you'll see the PAS indi for NT7 and NT8.
A good place to have a look at most popular downloads, etc anyway.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 redneck4Christ 
Vancouver, WA

Platform: Jigsaw, MC.NET, ToS, SC
Broker: APEX,IronBeam/Rithmic, ToS
Trading: Emini ES & CL
Thanks Given: 1,032
Thanks Received: 146

RyderZeke View Post
Well this site came up in a search while I was trying to find a way to make my TOS SMAs and EMAs with 2 colors as in Green for up and Red for down. I had to join to get to the answer but unfortunately the movie file wouldn't play. Hopefully someone can help me out. This looks like a great place to find answers !

Did you get the answer you were looking for about playing the video you wanted to watch?

Thanked by:
 redneck4Christ 
Vancouver, WA

Platform: Jigsaw, MC.NET, ToS, SC
Broker: APEX,IronBeam/Rithmic, ToS
Trading: Emini ES & CL
Thanks Given: 1,032
Thanks Received: 146

Baron25 View Post
Hi Everybody,

I've done the same thing - blew up accounts and traded impulsively because the price "looked like it was gonna" go up/down and it always went the other way with me establishing a new high where I go long or a new low where I go short.

Yes - I'm the one who makes the market do that.

A friend watched me trade for a while and named my trading style the "PSL" method. That stands for the Panic Stricken Lunatic method. And I earned that style name on a daily basis!

I know that when the market opens in the morning that I should watch and do nothing until I see what it's doing and I see a tradeable pullback of some kind. I know that if the market takes off not to chase it. Don't chase it! Whatever you do don't chase it! I know this! Now... the market opens, it takes off - and now I'm a Border Collie and an ice cream truck just drove by! And now I'm down $80! By the end of the day, I'm up maybe $10 or $20 and I'm promising myself to never do that again. Except that my trading provides me with a never ending series of days patterned after the movie "Groundhog Day".

I need some help here! Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Baron25

I like your PSL acronym and metaphor of the Border Collie and the ice cream truck. That describes my battle with trading temptations as well. Andrew Menaker has helped me understand how to channel emotions properly and I am going through Brian McAboy's Inside Out Trading course to develop a plan and stick to it. Trading in the Zone is a classic as long as we end up in the right zone and not the Twilight Zone. Minervini and Elder have some good books as well. Chat With Traders is sort of a modern/digital version of Market Wizards. I like to listen to interviews of successful traders when I get the chance.

God speed!

Jeff

Last Updated on April 18, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts