NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,255,674 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

richardmai
hong kong, China

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

hi, guys

I'm Richard , a software programmer+trader with 15 years coding experience,

Let's beat out of the market .

Richard

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs

duke oofington
Atlantic City, New Jersey

Hello everyone,

I just want to introduce myself. 33 y/o male from northern NJ living in the southern part of the state now. I got introduced to the market during Covid and discovered a real passion for it

Currently a CMT student level 1 and hopefully one day I’ll be a legit technician. Two of my top analysts are Connie Brown and JC Parets. I’m slowly discovering Gann

I consider myself humble and eager to learn. I’m definitely a better analyst than I am a trader. But I need help with both. Discovered the YouTube channel from surfing which brought me here. I’m excited to explore this forum and get off of Reddit

Currently reading:
- TA for the Trading Professional 2nd ed.
- Fibonacci Analysis - both by Connie Brown

Thanked by:
 pierre76 
cervia italia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ninjatrader
Trading: future
Thanks Given: 0

hi everyone,

i'm writing from Cervia (Italy)
i trade stock and bonds for 10 years.
2 year ago i purchased ninja platform and jigsaw for trading future.
The results are not great, can you help me ?

thanks

Thanked by:
Danferr
Cleveland Ohio

Hello Everyone,
Been trading stocks and options for about 15 years and was introduced to trading futures a couple of years ago and I'm hooked.
I have been learning and studying trying to get the hang of it. Looking forward to learning from the group.
Thanks

Thanked by:

DavidHP 
Isla Mujeres, MX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Ninjatrader / Optimus Futures / AmpFutures
Trading: ES / 6E / 6B / CL
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 11,345
Thanks Received: 2,747

pierre76 View Post
hi everyone,

i'm writing from Cervia (Italy)
i trade stock and bonds for 10 years.
2 year ago i purchased ninja platform and jigsaw for trading future.
The results are not great, can you help me ?

thanks

Look around, plenty of things to make trading easier.
If you have questions just ask in the forums

Rejoice in the Thunderstorms of Life . . .
Knowing it's not about Clouds or Wind. . .
But Learning to Dance in the Rain ! ! !
Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
foopah
Brussels, Belgium

Hey guys,

39-year old aerospace engineer from Belgium. Always had an interest in the stock market and investing in general, but just recently discovered that day trading can be possible for amateurs too. I think ICT popped up in my feed somewhere and I've been reading a lot since then (not about ICT). I want to take this seriously and discovered this forum only today. Seems like the right place to be.

I would appreciate any direction you guys can give me, starting from zero and aiming to be a (slightly) succesful futures daytrader. I don't need the money at all, so I can focus 100% on learning. Again, would appreciate any solid starting point you guys can give me.

Much appreciated !! Cheers.

Thanked by:
Lordvladislav
Bern, Switzerland

Thanks Given: 10
Thanks Received: 22

Hey everyone.

I joined this forum in January 2023, but never introduced myself or started a journal.
I decided that today would be the day

I am 28 years old, I live in Switzerland and I daytrade since September 2022. So I am really a beginner.
I track every possible metric, even the hours I spent doing this since the very beginning, and if you want to know more jump in to my journal.

I am hoping I can connect with as many traders as possible.

Let's learn and earn together!

Thanked by:
TRADORY
paris , france

hi mike i'm really enthusiastic to be part of this forum and maybe learn to be good at trading .
i'm a beginner who have some knowledge in trading but in need more education from long time traders who make it.
thanks a lot.

Tradory

Thanked by:

nlgallow 
Carlsbad, CA USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TOS, NT, Quantower
Broker: TD, AMP, CQG
Trading: MES
Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 16

10/27/2016 I have been trading for about a year almost everyday, mostly ES and NQ. I had zero trading experience but had to find something that I could be profitable at regardless of location. I have not made a much money, but I still have the majority of my account as well and a ton more knowledge. Not sure if it is good...yet! I slowly add to my account hoping to grow my emotional fortitude in step with my financial. Regardless......I will trade for the rest of my life, therefore I better get good at it! Thanks in advance for any insight.

Nate

Wow! Almost 7 years to the day. I haven't use the forum much. In fact other than my most recent posts of my October 2023 Trading Journal I think my "Introduce yourself" may be my only other post.
I thought it may be cool for myself as well as others especially new members to see an "new introduction"

This is tough to say as I know many new traders are experimenting, but the last part of my original introduction may have been the most important. I was and still am totally committed to trading, however I think it has changed to a commitment of becoming a better person and I just happen to learn how to use trading to do that. I would advise every new trader to make the same commitment. Doesn't have to be for the rest of your life, could be for only a week, month, or year. But you have to have a significant commitment. Also you need to define what you are committing too. "Trading" like in my original post has an infinite number of definitions. While some people trade very similarly I have never met any two people that trade exactly the same. We are all too unique as people to even assume that would be possible regardless of the charts, indicators, play books, subscriptions, and training you have. And as life goes on you pile up more and more unique takes on your and others life experiences which will have an impact good/bad on your definition/execution of trading. So take small chunks. Commit to something definable. As you define it, not someone else. Keep it extremely simple at first. A single broker, platform, product, time frame, indicator, system. Do Not Waste Your Time! Understand and focus on processes and not the outcomes as your finish and start new commitments.

This forum has an incredible amount of information that can significantly reduce the learning curve. I kind of kick myself for not being more involved, but my focus was on myself and looking for help on fixing yourself from strangers is a dangerous game. But I have seen Mike and the Moderators due a pretty good job of keeping the dirt bags at bay.
You have to take everything you get from this and any other knowledge base and make it your own. There are too many reasons why you have to "make it yours" to list and I'm sure most of them are on the forum somewhere. But I think it is a fundamental.

Currently I only scalp the MES daily and an occasional swing trade in stocks or options if the price is too expensive. This fits my personality the best. Its easier to find a trading style that fits you than the other way around. My goal is to only get 5 pts a day with a max of 2 contracts. That's my commitment for the rest of the year. I have a lot of rules that keep me out of too much trouble that I re evaluate every month. Not going to make a ton of money but it is easy to scale up or change products.

Nate
I take lots of notes, they may not make sense and I may not look at them enough (reason for my OCT Trading Journal) but they help me slow down.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
jagat mithya
Munich Germany

Thanks Given: 4

Hi guys,
this is my very first posting to NexusFI. I am very new to futures trading and I know that I have to learn a lot. That's why I've already been reading the forum with growing interest over the past year. Thank you all for creating this wonderful and very helpful resource for futures trading. The information in this forum really helped me a lot up to this point, so I recently created an account to participate more.
JM

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts