NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,267,674 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

NasdaqJoe
Atlanta

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello, Im 34 and my name is Josh. Ive been trading since i can remember actually. My dad was a stock and options trader. I cut my teeth on .com ipos making 5-20 points a day with 1k shares. I have been trading full time since 2003. I have went from stock options to DJ(the old $10tick dow) YM-GC-ES- now i trade NQ exclusively. Any where from 1-15 contracts, depending on how i feel. my goal is to be profitable every single DAY-week-month. Im a naked trader I only use a 21 period ema, a 1 hr chart and a 144 tick chart. And armed with only yesterdays hi-lo and today's high vol area I make many many scalps. so Im extremely interested in the first 90min. and will scalp the rest of the day with small size.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
19 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
17 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
13 thanks
EG Indicators
11 thanks
 Growler 
Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: IB
Trading: E-micros, Options, Stocks, ETFs
Thanks Given: 9
Thanks Received: 30

Really pleased to find a site like this. I've made a few attempts at trading FX and stocks and futures, but never had quite enough time or capital to get anywhere with it.

Right now I focus on stocks/ETFs/options to control risk and position size. I hope to build up enough capital to trade Emini futures within the next year.

I believe my biggest barrier has been anxiety of losing money, causing me to exit trades to soon and not let winners run. As a result I am still working with a small bankroll that I am trying to grow through stock swing trading.

I am currently teaching myself mathematical approaches to betting and probability theory to improve my decision making skills. My goal is to develop professional, repeatable trading methods that I can apply across all assets.

I am excited to contribute to a site like this where people are working together to improve themselves.

jdibarrola
Mexico

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 3

Jlug View Post
Go back to trading live in Jan. If you blow up the account - dont give up, do whatever you have to do to continue trading.
Apply to a local propo shop and email them the spreadsheet of your trading journal when you do.

If you dont keep a journal, you are making a massive mistake in your trading already.
On top of that, you will never graduate to the next level without journaling and reviewing.
If you ever want to work for a prop shop you need to show your track record - even if you have massive losses.

Thanks for the words, i have a trading journa land i am improving several mistakes I used to do.

Thanked by:
rrbas
NEW YORK

Thanks Given: 1

Hello everybody, I am 30 years old and living in NYC. I placed my first trade sometime in 2014. I dabbled in the stock market here and there and then began trading futures in the spring of 2016 and have been an active trader since. I dove into trading without any guidance, without any strategy, without any knowledge of the marketplace or respect for risk. Accordingly I have been a losing trader. I have lost quite a bit but I am determined to make the turn. I'm here to hopefully learn from the community and contribute as much as I can.

Thanked by:
corzel
Medellin Antioquia/Colombia

Thanks Received: 2

Hi everyone!

I´m from Colombia, and I hope to find good information to continue my education as a trader.

Best regards.

Thanked by:
Commodity Trader
Frankfurt , Germany

hi , this is my first post here

i'm 35 .and i put 7 years ( almost full time ) into designing my trading strategies for futures and backtesting them .
i'm trading Emini Nasdaq,Emini ES ,Eurex, Currencies,Gold .
prior to that i have experience of trading stocks and Forex market
i hope to be a active member here

Thanked by:

JMP3 
rochester new york

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, YM, 6E
Thanks Given: 263
Thanks Received: 359

Greetings All, My name is John, i'm in my early 50's and I'm new to the Futures .io. I'm retired and have been trading on a part time basis for about 10 years. I mainly trade the ES, YM, 6E using the Ninja platform. I look forward to reading threads and sharing my Trades/Charts. John.

Thanked by:
hoter168
singapore

Thanks Received: 0

GLAD TO JOIN. LEARNING MORE.

Credendo
Singapore

Hi Mike & Everyone,
I'm from Indonesia, but stay in Singapore for work..
Nice to know you all..

I'm beginner on trading & still try my luck with S&P Mini 500 for the start before become day trading..
Hope you guys can guide me like help me to choose the best indicator so far..So i can easily to look & execute^^

THank you so much

Clute 
Bend OR

Experience: Beginner
Platform: Ninja trader
Trading: ES

Hi everyone, I’m Chris. My story sounds like a very common theme. I made an attempt a few years back at trading and blew my account and just walked away. I just opened up a sim account and want to get back into trading again. I would like advice from the experienced successful traders out there on how and where to start on a good money/risk management plan. I would like to have that in place before I get into practicing on the sim account. For any Sea Hawks fans out there this quote is from Pete Carroll. “Practice does not make perfect, PERFECT practice makes perfect.” Therefore I would like to perfect my sim account before going live. I have already received some valuable info on this site and am thankful for a community like this.

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts