NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,255,435 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

ichimoku81
Parma Italy

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hi all and happy new year!! Hoping to begin the new year learning some new skills, down the intra-day rabbit hole. In the past I have typically invested for the long term, stocks mainly. But as I work in IT I am interested in trying out Multicharts and trying out some new intra-day strategies. So many possibilities and so little time.. I am currently living in Italy although I was born in Australia.
Pleasure to join the community.

Cheers

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

dddpope 
CAMERON, MISSOURI

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Thinkorswim
Trading: Emin ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 6

Hello

My name is Doug. I am just recently retired. I have been trading actively for the past year. After wading through over 20 books, dozens of websites and countless strategies and systems, I have decided to day trade and swing trade the E-mini. I am beginning to be quite successful. I also sector trade the SPY on a 30 day trading cycle. This is the first forum I have joined. I will be timid at first, reading many threads trying to learn as much as I can. I hope I can contribute to this site and help some of the members in their trading. Right now I am the student.

Doug

Thanked by:
Stungo
Menomonie WI/USA

Thank you for this forum, I am a new trader and trying not to blow up my account, I have several issues I need to conquer to become profitable and I do somethings well.
When I use support and resistance and wait for follow through, I do pretty good however I often get greedy and find myself wishing the price would resume back up so I can get the profit I was just excited about only to have my stop get stopped out.
I do have a decent set of indicators I'm using but I think having some form of news cycle on would be helpful as the other day the market was in a huge uptrend and I missed the first part of it so figured I'd get in on a pullback only to see the price change $2 and then continue lower yet I made the mistake of being set on the uptrend which is another mental issue I need to conquer. I need to learn to stop telling the market what to do and let the market tell me the story !
Happy investing!

Thanked by:
builderman
West Hills

Hello,

My name is Bob. I am grateful to have the opportunity to be a part of this trading community. I have been trading for a few years, read books, studied chart patterns, candle stick etc. I am still working so I mostly swing trade. I would like to learn more about trading futures. I hope I will have the chance to do so and hopefully be able to contribute in positive way. Thanks big Mike.

Thanked by:
OptionsSkull
Washington, DC

Thanks Given: 2

Just joined today. This probably something I’ve been missing. Looking forward to it, thanks for having me.

Thanked by:
CyclingFunds
Coachella Valley, CA USA

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 12

Good day all,

Long time listener first time caller....

Actually came across this recently and after a few google searches and landing here multiple times for random inquiries figured it be best to sign up. I just started my adventure into Futures trading over the original COVID shutdown period. My father has been day trading for some time and recently started with Futures and learned about the Combines. He has been coaching me, good over the phone bonding time the last 6 months, and has given me some great metrics to follow. Only thing holding me back is myself and some self control. FOMO and revenge trades are the death of me but slowly getting there. I'm using both TopStep and LeeLoo along with Tradovate and NT8. Look forward to reading great info here. Only loved these forums back when I blew my cash on car and motorcycle hobbies.

Cheers,
Steven

Thanked by:
Realteam6
Leominster Massachusetts United States

Hey, I found this site thru PatsTrading YouTube videos. I could not find a practical strategy that I could easily follow that made perfect sense. I'm still learning but at least now I know why the trade didn't work.
I started investing and swing trading back in the arly 2000's. I lost ALOT of money,,,,,,,ALOT😭. But there is something about trading, especially daytrading that I have that passion for that keeps me coming back and hopefully one day will help me retire at 63 and still have a positive income.
Starting in 2020 I've switched to selling vertical options thru TD thinkorswim by following TheoTrade's strategy of using the expected move in weekly and monthly options and have finally had some success. But my passion is daytrading, dont ask me why, I dont know. Since the first time I saw how "easy" it was to make money daytrading I was hooked. So bc selling weekly and monthly options doesn't take up much time I finally took the leap and bought NinjaTrader8 and stumbling onto Macs videos and seeing his strategies was like discovering the Holy Grail. I'm still learning the strategy but I'm (against my default independent personality) also realizing how important belonging to a trading community is so here I am.
RealTeam6.

Thanked by:
becker908
Scottsdale, AZ

Thanks Given: 5

A cheery good day and happy new year!

I trade options, straight puts and calls, I've been doing for several years, blown up a couple of accounts like everybody does, and learned the joy of risk management and I am building back up.

I'm on TD Ameritrade, use ToS, and actually came here looking for ThinkScript code to detect trend on a MA. Found it! Thank you all. Looking forward to a profitable year and contributing to the community.

Thanked by:
 carsten103 
jacksonville florida

Experience: Beginner
Platform: tradingview
Trading: options

Hey guys,

I joined a few years ago but decided to trade FX and have just recently (re)discovered futures. I trade mean reversion and have done pretty well with it in FX and wanted to expand my horizon and trade futures.On that note I have a quick question. I know that in FX the spreads widen at 5 pm EST. Nothing crazy, but they widen. This past week I was trading NKD on Tradingview paper trading account and I had 8 contracts for a floating loss of $4,150. When 5 pm hit on Friday the loss sky rocketed to $115,000! I am not new to trading, but I am new to Futures. Can someone please tell me whether this was just a glitch in Tradingviews software, or do end of day spreads really widen to such a ridiculous amount ? When I looked at the loss again today it was back to $4,150. I am looking to trade using Tradovate. I have heard they have low spreads and good execution and customer service. Maybe people with some experience could give me an answer regarding the tradingview situation. My gut tells me it was a glitch but I might be wrong which is why I am asking on this forum. Thank you all for your time and I look forward to hearing from some of you.

Thanked by:
Plegacy
Raleigh North Carolina/USA

Newbie here, just started trading a few months the ago. Trying not to blow up my account, trying to learn from others. There is so much information out here and not sure where to start and Who to follow. Hoping to get direction from this forum and connect with like minded people.

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts