NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,254,310 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

brady 
San Antonio Texas

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Tradovate
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hello,

Long time reader and finally created an account. I have dabbled in trading commodities and options for over 20 years. Never blew out my account but I have had big losses (ahem oil 2020). Overall, I have moderate gains with about a 40:60 success rate. A bit of swing trading and a bit price action. I work full time job so this is mostly a hobby when I have a time. I plan to continue to improve so in the future I can quit the corporate world and make enough to pay living expenses.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators

newTadpole
NYC+NY/US

Thanks Given: 0

Hi, everyone, Happy Valentine's day. Glad to be here to exchange ideas.

Thanked by:
fmena
Miami + Florida

I everyone, my name is Frank and I live in the beautiful Sunshine State.

I consider myself an intermediate trader since I learn a lot hitting myself against the wall many time. I currently run on ThinkorSwim and have a bunch of fine tune indicators that I have modified throughout the years. I started trading back in 2003 with a $500 account...which was my savings and I lost it all. Mostly doing the penny trade dream.

Anyways, after many brokers and methods I finally decided that I am not longer going to day trade since it takes a lot of my time as a professional and will work on fine tuning my entries to become more of a short term trader.

Hope to learn a lot from you guys as well as to give back to you. Thank you and hope to not be a RED BULL but a GREEN BULL with your knowledge.

Frank

Thanked by:
Johnnymaaaac
Boston

Hey all,

My name is John, I am currently trading call options and making these trades based on what I know about technical analysis. I’ve heard a lot about how understanding premiums is the way to go, so I’ve been really trying to get into the field of quantitative finance. The problem is, my knowledge of math is very poor. I am a chemist at my day job, so I’m not a total stranger to math, but what I use is more algebra. I’ve taken up to calc 2 in university but managed to get by without understanding much of the theory behind it all (as I was never really interested). Things have changed now, and I am interested, but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out the right approach to learning calculus on my own. If anyone has any tips it’d be greatly appreciated

Thanked by:
 dedalus 
Lecco, Italy

Experience: Beginner
Platform: ProRT
Trading: Undecided
Thanks Given: 12

Hello everybody,

I am Belgian, in my 40s, living and working in Italy. The last year I have been investing a lot of time in my personal financial education, focusing mostly on long term investing. During this period I have also touched the topic of (day)trading. As an engineer, I was immediately drawn to the algorithmic side of trading. But before we get to that part, we have to understand the basics. In the search for info on trading I came across this forum. I am looking forward to absorb as much info as I can from this forum and hopefully to return something of my own experience at a later stage.

dedalus.

Thanked by:
 Malykubo 
Bratislava Slovakia

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: AMP, cqg with denali
Trading: MES, ZN, ZF
Thanks Given: 23
Thanks Received: 89

Hey all

My name is Jakub and im from Slovakia.

During pandemic and constant home office I kinda got bored and started looking for some hobbies. Im iOS developer so I started building my own app, but wanted to jump into sth completely different. Also Im in a state of buying my first flat and I found out, it would be nice to have better income that I have.

I heard from someone hey you should trade! And I had no clue what it is all about so I started digging around and oh ... its so fun! I mean, I was very exited I can make money so easy (heh ... yeah I saw all those get rich in 5 min youtube stuff) but I realised in about 30 mins it wont be that easy. Not at all.
But coming from technical background I got hooked up with charts and tech analysis. I started reading articles and watching videos 10 hours a day.
I really want to get into this. Sim trading for few months and then jump into it really slowly with micros.

Firstly, fib got me. As a programmer ... fib is awesome. I tried it and sometimes those retracements worked and sometimes didnt. Didnt know from which point should I draw them. Started watching eminimind and eminiaddict ... still kinda lost. I started digging more into why market moves and in which direction.
That leads into DOM and tape reading and all that stuff. Orderflow and market profile and volume profile. Much more interesting then fib

And it led me here. Best forum and ideas sharing I found out.

Glad to be here

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Fonz 
Miami, Fl

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Tradestation, Jigsaw
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 24
Thanks Received: 64

Hello Traders,

Also a long time reader and I just finally created an account. I swing trade Futures and day trade (or scalp, depending of your definition) the Dow and US Treasury 30y, Future contracts, with my own capital.
I am a discretionary trader as I just use DOMs + Heikin-Ashi charts with MAs and horizontal lines.
The last time I blew up an account, it was very panful. Also, it was the beginning of a new chapter in my trading life. Almost 10y ago, I decided to stop trading options, limit my market exposure as much as possible, and think risks first. My goal was to stop losing and only trade when the odds were not to much against me.
Here I am, after all this trading time, still learning and still improving.
Thank you all for your posts, opinions and contributions.
Best!

Thanked by:
 btrauni 
Ohlsbach

Platform: NT
Trading: Cl
Thanks Received: 6

Hi everybody,

some years ago I discovered the potential ability to make some money with trading
Unfortunately, like with many others I guess, it all stayed potentially, so I still try to master this interesting hobby of mine now. With this forum i hope to get one step closer to my goal. Thanks for everbody who puts effort in it so that others can learn .

Benni

Thanked by:
Swindell72
Williston, Vermont

Hello all,

I have been trading for only a short period of time, Aug. 2020, initially I got lucky and made money so that when I lost it all blowing up my account the cut felt much deeper. However, the upside is that I now know that I don't know anything about trading, which leave ample room to learn and grow. My search for knowledge in all things trading lead me to this post where I hope to learn something from everyone here.

While trading phycology and risk management are the two primary areas where I focus a lot of my attention, utilizing market profile and price action have become areas of interest as well. Any and all recommendations, books, videos, posts, and such in any of these areas is welcomed.

Take care and happy trading,

Swindell72

Thanked by:
 Xanadu1 
sammamish

Platform: NT, TOS, TS
Trading: Stocks, Futures
Thanks Given: 3

Heyo,

Hope all is well with you all.

I've been following the threads on futures.io for a few months now... needless to say, they've been extraordinarily helpful.

I am an amateur trader, very little experience trading. However, I have a broad foundation in (and strong affinity for) numerous applied sciences (mathematics, mechanical engineering, chemistry, etc).... which have served as learning tools to dig into the basic components of market dynamics and price action.

In that regard, the technical side of things has been fairly easy to digest, and I am beginning to take an interest in Indicator development (with next to no ability to code...yet). I've gone through quite a few of the papers I've found online... The "classics" ; Welles Wilder, Arthur Merrill (Elder is on the up-next list) .... and the "contemporaries"; Sylvain Vervoort Vitali Aprine, Ehlers (a current interest, and brain-stretcher).

Some of the aspects of fundamentals, as well as application of fundamentals (especially within Index Futures) is a bit elusive to me.... none-the-less I am eager to learn and expand understanding broadly

Anyways, I am looking forward to joining the community here, participating more actively, and contributing wherever I may be able to provide any valuable input!... or at least to share opinions/thoughts/ideas

Cheers to you all,

"Please accept my resignation... I do not wish to belong to any club that would accept me as a member" -G.M

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" -A.C

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts