NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,267,674 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Introduce yourself here!

jlabtrades 
San Diego, CA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader / Tradovate
Broker: Tradovate
Trading: Futures / 0dte
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 33
Thanks Received: 54

Hey everyone, posting a quick introduction here. I've been trading penny stocks, then mid/large cap, then options, then SPY 0dte, then SPX 0dte and now on futures. Happy to be a big community like this and interesting in all the great knowledge shared here

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
24 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
19 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
17 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
13 thanks
EG Indicators
11 thanks

LakeEffectTrading 
Grand Rapids, MI

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 6

Hello Everyone,

I decided to become an active trader about 3 years ago. I started with options and have now landed on futures. I have spent a lot of time researching, reading, watching, (wasting money on educational products)...

I traded options heavily for a year and I am now about 6 months into my futures trading. I am staying with futures come hell or high water as I have suffered from strategy and product hopping for too long. I am 5 years from a full pension and my work days are flexible enough to trade an hour or two at the open each day. I have a 5 year plan, I want to be able to make enough at trading to supplement my pension in retirement, but more importantly I love doing it. I have not blown up any accounts. I am good at risk management (perhaps too good) and I have a large enough trading account to make a living once I develop the skill. I have stuck to mostly sim trading on futures so far, refusing to lose capital before I can prove I have an edge.

I discovered this site from a NinjaTrader forum post as I was researching the Weis Wave Indicator (after reading the book Trades About to Happen) and saw a link to the PAS indicator. I am a price action trader trying to learn and follow Weis and Wycoff.

I am in the Grand Rapids, Michigan area if there are any other Weis and Wycoff traders out there, I am interested in a meet up.

Happy trading everyone!

Thanked by:

Nayx
Nice France

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 1

Hello,

Im a trader for 4 years now, i started on CFD's and I switched to futures when I met traders for big banks. Today I manage pamm accounts with swing trading and day trading in addition to perfecting my learning on future markets.
I am looking for some little known and very specific information why I joined this forum in the hope that some very advanced people can potentially help me.
Thanks for reading !

hello mm
Cape Town South Africa

Hi, i am new to trading and doing my research...very interested to learn more about Gann and his theories. I have a introductory knowledge on Wyckoff and Volume Price Analysis.

johnathas
Brazil - São Paulo

Hi Mike!

My name is Johnathas and I'm from Brazil! It is great to meet this website and track the steps you have made.
I think my story is kinda similar to yours. Although I was not aware of this community, I started a very similar project in Brazil last year (Augusto 2022).
I've been sharing knowledge and information about automated trading. In the beginning about NTSL which is a proprietary language from Nelogica (almost a copy/paste from EasyLanguage). I've been working in the last months with NinjaTrader and TraderEvolution.
I hope I can learn from this group and also contribute to the development of Nexusfi.

Sincerely,
John

rickybobby88
Monterrey, Mexico

Hello All,
My name is Ricky, and im from Monterrey, MX, and I have been trading now for 2 years, 8 months. still not profitable. Started first two years trading small caps.. never worked out. Moved over to large caps, and saw improvements, but still not profitable. At the 2 year 4 month mark, i started with futures, and have seen significant improvements, although commissions and fees have eaten up all my profit. With respect to futures, i have been profitable 3 out of the 5 months. So I would say that futures are for me. I trade mostly MNQ, and occassionally MES and MCL. Ive been running avg winner of 47.03USD, and Avg Loser of 35.07. 42.9% Win rate out of 177 trades up to now.

Thanked by:

caverbob
Lakewood Colorado

I've been unsuccessfully (mostly paper) day trading futures for years. I've spent thousands on training, indicators, systems, trading rooms, etc. ALL of them wildly over-promised and grossly undelivered. Most of them IMHO were total scams. At least one of them was shut down by the SEC.
I'm looking for a trading partner to share notes, ideas, stories, mutual encouragement, and to maybe test some things out.
If you might be interested in talking, please DM me.

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,533
Thanks Received: 26,292

caverbob View Post
If you might be interested in talking, please contact me....

Hi @caverbob,

You might want to reconsider if it is wise to share your phone number on a public forum where it is available to the entire internet.

You could simply ask anyone interested to send you a Direct Message (DM) on this forum, which would not expose your personal contact info.

You can edit your post any time within a 24-hour window after you first made it. If you want to change it after that, make a post here asking me to delete it and I will do so, and then you can make a new post in its place that is less revealing.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Billiius Hwangus
San Diego, California

Thanks Given: 7
Thanks Received: 9

Honestly, wondering how I landed on this site, don't remember what my original Google search was... Ah... just remembered... after querying Google about iceberg orders on NT and scrolling through pages of hits, I ended up here. Looks like a good community, so I registered.

I've been full-time day trading various markets and instruments for years and appreciate being profitable enough and consistent enough to not need a "day job". I go a little way back with the markets, but I don't consider myself an old-timer or expert or anything like that. I do remember making my first trades in the 1990s with position trades on US equities.

Currently, I scalp using order-flow on ES futures after trading retail forex, and crypto (spot and derivatives) for some years before. I miss the old "market maker" rebates for limit orders on some crypto exchanges ... enough about crypto.

Being able to use Level II data and my order-flow strategy with a laptop and trade from virtually any location with a good Internet connection seems like cheating, especially compared to when I began trading in the 1990s with a land-line and modem or even a phone call to place an order and using relatively primitive market data.

To finish, I look forward to being active in the community and learning from others here.

Also, if you don't know who Bill Hwang is, you should look him up. He's my hero.

Thanked by:

raoulsuurmeijer
Groningen, The Netherlands

Hello traders!

It has been a while since I found (previously) Big Mike Trading forum and YouTube channel. For a long time, I only revisited it a couple of times, but after watching some videos from Kevin Davey recommending this site, I decided to take another look. Kevin is a successful algorithmic trader, and also active on this forum he says.

I have been a futures trader for about 12 years. Initially, while dicretionary tradingI made a lot of beginners mistakes ofcourse, all the well-known ones. But over time, I made my trading more professional with accurate journalling and more mechanical as well. By profession, I am a software developer, so it became a logical choice to develop trading ideas with building software. And after several iterations, I finally took the jump into fully algorithmic trading, trusting my software to do the trading.

Like so many software developers, I wanted to build this completely myself from the bottom up, just for the fun of it and then see if it would work. My software is connected to Trader Workstation from Interactive Brokers using the api. I have a public blog and public trading journal for other traders to review and comment on. Not sure if it is ok to post it here, so maybe later or contact me and we can exchange ideas.

It would be really great to meet other software developers working on algorithmic trading using the tws api.

Good trading everybody, greetings,
Raoul

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts