NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,260,559 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

Oduma01
Oregon city

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

bullishbear View Post
Howdy All,

I'm here to say hello and introduce myself. I'm currently teaching myself EasyLanguage so that I can develop my strategy and learn more about technical analysis. I am always looking to learn from others so I thought I'd get out of lurker mode and come here and say hi. I've been using Multicharts for a few years but only recently started writing functions, indicators and strategies. I look forward to being part of the community.

Regards,

bullishbear

Would be nice to connect if you don’t mind .

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Strategy stop orders partially filled
EasyLanguage Programming
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout

Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Just another trading journal: PA, Wyckoff & Trends
22 thanks
What is Markets Chat (markets.chat) real-time trading ro …
19 thanks
GFIs1 1 DAX trade per day journal
15 thanks
ApexTraderFunding.com experience and review
15 thanks
EG Indicators
11 thanks

ThemBones 
Chattanooga, TN

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader 8
Broker: NinjaTrader
Trading: Futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 2
Thanks Received: 14

Greetings all,

I've been trading live since 2020. I've never blown up an account or lost my initial trading principle, but I did give back almost everything I made during 2020 (in 2020). Since then, I've traded now and again during 2021 making a few nickels here and there while focusing on my journey similar to Kwai Chang Caine. When I finish my quest, I plan to help others bypass the trading graveyard.

I am currently teaching myself C# programming.

Good day and Godspeed.

Monkey777
Dublin, Ireland

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 1

Hi everyone.

I am from Europe and have been always trading CFDs, for some reasons (I'll explain in some other threads) I decided to shift some of my trading to futures.

I have a lot of experience in CFDs, I have been having some exposure to futures lately and I soon realized it's a completely different game (it doesn't mean one is better than the other, they just work slightly differently!).

I hope to share nice insights and gain knowledge as well.

Happy trading everyone!

Thanked by:
 QuietBuyer77 

Hi everyone,

A trader wannabe here from Turkey. Cryptos got me hooked up so badly and now i am seriously thinking about doing is as a full time job. I am hoping to be self-sufficient enough to be able to make a living by trading. We will see Take care.

FredBell
Denver CO

Thanks Received: 5

Hello everyone,

As a short introduction here are a few words about myself:
51 years old / retired / 30 years experience writing software (Java/C#) for the capital market industry.
2 Years ago I started a journey to become on independent trader. Mainly using TradeStation and learning EL.
I am also using IB TWS and I am currently looking at NinjaTrader.
I started with the idea of trading stocks and ETF but I am now switching to trading futures.

I am very much struggling deciding which platform to use moving forward and would love to hear your perspective on this.

I am also looking for like minded traders in south of Denver interested in actively trading futures/stocks/etc... to talk shop and have a good time.
Send me a message if interested.

Regards,

FB

austros2 
Christchurch, New Zealand

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT, MT4
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 1

Hi there,

New member here.
I traded options, FX and moved onto future indexes.
Just installed NT8 and looking for some indicators.
This seems like a good place to start
Thanks for contributing to the traders community.

Cheers
Austros

Chyndonax
Chicago, IL

Thanks Received: 6

I enjoy learning to trade the indices. Currently still researching, very little live trading. I am 51, I have a bachelor's in nursing and work full time as a nurse. I'm also a vet. My goal is to be self sufficient in five years time.

hark33
East London,South Africa

Thanks Given: 14

Hi to all.
Thanks for the welcome Big Mike.I am trading futures, mainly indexes.
Moderate experience, blown some accounts, but getting some traction now.
Look forward to participating and contributing where i can.
Peace.

Thanked by:
 ErikFred02 
Shorewood, ILlinois

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Trade Station
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 0

Hello fellow Traders, my name is Erik.

I’m new to this forum but not to trading. I started trading options back in the 90’s. I moved on to futures a little and rapidly blew up my account. I work in the Airline industry and lost my job (furloughed) for 3 years after 9/11. Ive got a college degree but the only thing it qualifies me for is flying airplanes, so when I found myself on the street, I knew I needed to develop a skill that I could fall back on. Ive always had a passion for the markets, but being furloughed with no income, I couldn’t afford to risk what little money I had on trading. I tried to get into the financial industry but without an applicable degree in finance or economics, and little experience as a trader, the only jobs I could have qualified for were sales jobs and I didn’t even have any sales experience. Fast forward to 2013, I managed to scratch some money together and I started trading the currency market. Being frustrated after waking up and seeing a currency pair move in my anticipated direction, without me having a position on, I started getting involved with automated systems on Ninjatrader. I am not a programmer though so I always had to pay someone to code my strategy ideas, and if it wasn’t right, or I came up with a better idea for entries and/or exits, I had to ask for, and pay for modifications. Also, sometimes when NT comes out with a newer version, I have to pay (again) my programmer to make my strategy/strategies compliant with the new version. I ended up losing interest in the hassles of automated strategies for a while.

This past 18 months with COVID and how hard most industries have been hit, I decided to get serious again. My goal is to be a successful trader, so that I never have to worry about my employment, when the black swan type global panic happens again, and also I do truly enjoy the markets. I opened an account with TradeStation last year and I’ve been learning easylanguage. I really like that I can code my own strategies, and then see them in action. I have a couple strategies under my belt. I made a mean reversion strategy that worked well most of the time on most futures contracts, but I just couldn’t get the risk/reward where I wanted it. So when a trend developed, or a pop occurred, and I had a position on, it would cost me quite a bit, or if my position was the same as the direction, I’d get closed out with only a small profit. I was using an ATR based trailing stop, which worked ok, but seemed to cancel my more restrictive stop loss after the first bar and during backtesting/optimization the trailing stop would be loose, which opened me up to much bigger losses than I was hoping to make with a profitable trade. (I need to better understand how stop losses are handled or prioritized). I’ve always felt that a strategy that has both trend following and counter trend components, both long and short, would be the holy grail of automated systems, and I just finished coding one over the weekend. It has a lot of promise, and with the same ATR trailing stop, it looks pretty profitable, but I think it could do much better with an initial tighter stop loss, a command to set break even once it moves in my favor, a trailing stop of some sort, and also a profit target. Im struggling to get those to work as I want right now.

That’s who I am and where I am at on my journey. I joined this forum to hopefully pick the brains of some traders more familiar with easylanguage, and hopefully help those less knowledgeable than myself. I’ll be putting together a post soon in the programming section (if there is one, I’m new here &#129315

Happy trading, everyone.

Erik

Tradechamp
Bellingham WA

Thanks Given: 5
Thanks Received: 5

Hi all,
I am fairly inexperienced, but working to learn Ninja trade software and trade futures eventually as a consistently profitable trader.
I continue to learn and grow along with all of you. Here’s to success for all of us!
Tradechamp

Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts