NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,254,310 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

Randhawa 
Sacramento, CA/USA

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 0

Hi ,

I am here to learn how to trade futures the right way. I traded futures before but lost money as i never used any systematic approach. I hope the experienced traders can provide the right guidance to succeed.

Thanks
Randhawa

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Option : Call and Put increase at same time ?
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

gcaldridge 
port charlotte, florida

Trading: Oil
Thanks Given: 54
Thanks Received: 81

AliToo View Post
Hi there, thanks for the welcome message
I've been demo trading for just under 2 years, the last year with The Day Trading Academy on the E-mini.
My reason for joining this forum? Well, I was looking for some threads on the best platform to choose. I was demo trading with Ninja (awesome platform imo) but now I've reached my 'demo allowance' and their brokers (Dorman, & Phillips) don't want to give me an account - I don't match their financial requirements :-(
I've been consistently profitable over the last 4 months (just under 2 points a day - really good enough for my wants) and I so want to start trading live... but I need a platform that can take DTA's proprietary indicator set - and the only one they recommend is Ninja - bah!

Interactive Brokers work with Ninja. If you don't meet their requirements you probably are under funded and should wait until you have the funds.

Thanked by:
 paully859 
owen sound ontario canada

Platform: ninja trader
Trading: es
Thanks Given: 1

Have been trading the mini ES on and off for 2 years. I would have blown out my account if I hadn't had a mentor. Need to improve before I trade live again...

Bullberry 
Bluffdale, UT

Experience: Intermediate
Broker: Mirus
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 20
Thanks Received: 4

djvermango View Post
Hi! I'm a new trader looking to learn futures trading to start my trading career. I got a degree in EE&Cptr. Engg. and have done some programming and product management.

Working in NYC piqued my interests in the market and I've been following them since the 2008 crash. Recently I decided to take the plunge and quit my software job. I am going to trade full time once I go live. Starting with the basics of manual price action trading, I'm hoping to get to some automation in the future. The long-term goal is to replace my salary from the software job with my trading

Kumar

Hi Kumar,

As Robert M said, I also wish you the best of luck and success. I would only caution you to be prepared for a possible long learning process to consistent profitability. Not to discourage, but to encourage a healthy, realistic, and balanced approach to the awesome prospect of being a trader. It took some of the best traders I know of many, many years to accomplish the goal of consistent profit. Five, ten years, maybe longer in some cases.

All the best,

Jim S

AlexD001
Los Angeles + CA/USA

Glad to be here,
Thanks, Big Mike

gregspeed69
Mobile

Been trading futures/Eminis / for a few years, with not so good results, hope to learn new strategies and grow and make money. be part of a community

ericmacd   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 12

Hi All,

Much thanks to Big Mike for creating futures.io! It's a great resource for traders and developers. I've been doing software development for around 15 years and strategy and indicator development with NinjaTrader since around 2010 and have a few years of trading experience as well. I look forward to contributing more to the community when I get a chance.

Cheers,
Eric

pragma 
Des Moines, Iowa/USA

Platform: Ninjatrader, IB
Trading: ES, NQ
Thanks Given: 4

I would like to introduce myself. I have been following the markets for a few years now.
I have position traded stocks for a while with some success. I have started trading futures -
mainly NQ and ES for a few months now. I would like to share my experiences and also learn from
fellow traders. Big thanks to Big Mike for this forum!

Teddybaer
Germany Dortmund

Thanks Given: 1

Hi everyone,

thank you Big Mike that i can learn in this community, i trade stocks and a little bit options for a few years i want to learn
the several trade option or future strategis e.g. Iron Condor, Earing trades .....

Best wishes for all.

Regards Ulf

moneychipper789
San Jose

I have been exploring the trading world since 2008 on and off. I want to be a professional trader and take trading as my fulltime profession. I saw bunch of videos BMT put on youtube and I appreciate for sharing the knowledge. I want to learn from other fellow traders successes and failures.

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts