NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Introduce yourself here!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 147 posts (3,966 thanks)
    2. looks_two nakachalet with 57 posts (17 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 46 posts (53 thanks)
    4. looks_4 mfbreakout with 35 posts (24 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one roonius with 80 thanks per post
    2. looks_two wh with 56 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 George with 47 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 27 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,255,674 views
    2. thumb_up 12,017 thanks given
    3. group 6,319 followers
    1. forum 10,646 posts
    2. attach_file 94 attachments

Search this Thread

Introduce yourself here!

RonaldM
Syracuse, IN USA

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 8

Newbie to the thread.

As many others I lost money in 2008/09 in my 201K, and I did not know what to do. I then promised myself that will not happen again. As a goal to protect my retirement in 2009 I started my journey into technical analysis, stocks, selling options. About 5 years ago I was first introduced to Algo trading and found that I really enjoyed the challenge and hunt of developing trading programs.

I am not a coder but I have learned enough to finally finish and trade my first ES system; complete with my own indicator, entry, multiple exits and position sizing. Now I want to learn about other markets and hopefully, continue developing winning systems. I love the game!

I know alot about what I know alot about (that's profound) but when it comes to trading I am a dry sponge. Any help and direction would be appreciated.
Ron

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

reptar300
Beaufort, South Carolina

Thanks Received: 3

Hey everyone,
I am not new to trading and I am learning as I go. I have run my account to zero more times than I'd to count. In 2015 I began trading futures. I started learning about futures after I ran across Larry Williams on the internet. I made an amazing trade with Wheat in 2016 and since then I have lost my account over and over again. I tried using TOS to trade but I learned that their indicators are set up for you to fail. I joined this site to in hopes of picking all your brains and gain some knowledge to become a better trader. Well that is it for my intro, I hope to learn a lot and meet some great people.

Thanked by:
jubjub
Hartford, CT

Thanks Given: 57
Thanks Received: 18

Hello all!

I have been trading stocks on and off since 2000. In 2016 I rolled over an IRA and started actively trading it to some success, then stumbled into day trading it and of course drew the account down more than I should have. I became interested in futures (ES in particular) several months ago. I have listened to hundreds of hours of youtube, suffered through 1.5 Al Brooks books, read countless posts and blogs, and yet lost more money in a cash account before banning myself from trading live until I improve my win ratio.

Hoping to share and improve with the community.

Thanked by:
 Zendo 
Hannover Germany

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Tradovate
Trading: ES DAX
Thanks Received: 1

Hi,
i `m from Germany. I have traded futures - DAX-ES-YM-NQ - from 2004-2009 for a living but finaly got broken with the financial crisis (the rising vola killed me) and through personal problems. Next month i will try to get founded with OneupTrader. For the moment i ' m using their free trial to get a feeling for the market again.

I like a breakout style, using range- or renkocharts. The problem is you need a 6-8 point stop in the ES for example and so it may be get difficult to fit the rules for founding (daily lost, intraday drawdown).

I just read this old thread:

futures.io/traders-hideout/560-all-you-need

Thats all for the moment. Trade well!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	YM 03-18-2018_02_26.png
Views:	150
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	247146  
 sureway 
San Diego

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 7

First of all, big thanks to Mike for creating this wonderful place of sharing and learning, and many others who made the great contributions.

I obtained my Ph.D. degree in Discrete Math and Computer Science. And then worked as scientist, developing algorithms for next generation sequencing data for years. Just made a career change due to an urgent family reason. At the moment, I am an absolute beginner.

Best regards,

Andy

planetmoto 
freasno, ca usa

Experience: Advanced
Platform: ninja trader
Trading: forex
Thanks Given: 51
Thanks Received: 85

sureway View Post
First of all, big thanks to Mike for creating this wonderful place of sharing and learning, and many others who made the great contributions.

I obtained my Ph.D. degree in Discrete Math and Computer Science. And then worked as scientist, developing algorithms for next generation sequencing data for years. Just made a career change due to an urgent family reason. At the moment, I am an absolute beginner.

Best regards,

Andy

Welcome, I would start off with a few webinars of your choosing to get a feel for the community, you may end up liking algorithmic trading systems, building and testing indicators and systems. Just a guess based on your background.

Sent using the https://nexusfi.com/NexusFi mobile app

Thanked by:
 Jbrd 
Sydney Australia

Experience: Beginner
Platform: None
Trading: Emini ES
Thanks Given: 4

Hi Everyone,

Thanks Big Mike for creating this great website. It has an impressive amount of content and a lot of people contributing and doing a great work in here.

I am John from Venezuela, currently living in Australia with my wife and father of two little ones. I work as a SAP BI and Qlik consultant. As most of us, I am trying to thrive as a trader. I am beginning with TopStep trading. I have respected the rules so far and I'm still on my way to get funded.

Right now there is not too much I can provide to this website. However, I expect to contribute in the near future. I think what I can do at this stage is asking questions.

I strongly believe that trading can achieve the dreamed financial freedom. I don't expect being rich, I just expect to make a living with trading. I believe it is possible and work hard for achieving it.

I will start with the FAQ section and explore the Elite member content. I greatly appreciate all the help and advice you can provide to a beginner like me.

Don't hesitate to contact me if there is something I can help you with.

Hope all the best in your trading careers.

Cheers
John

Thanked by:
 paolus13 
Cherry Hill, NJ

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra, Ninja
Broker: Infinity/Sierra
Trading: ES, CL, NQ
Thanks Given: 1

Hi Everyone,

Like so many others, I have been around trading for some time now but have wandered into the dark hole of buying different courses, looking at so many different things, that I got so confused. I have blown up an account several times but never to zero. After taking a break for the last 2 years, I have decided to try again.

Thanked by:
 sureway 
San Diego

Experience: None
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: CL
Thanks Given: 43
Thanks Received: 7

planetmoto, thanks for your suggestion. Recently I am doing some readings on Wyckoff method, feeling this gives me much more insights than indicators. The latter often give me a feeling of oversimplification. On the other hand, reading charts takes a huge amount of efforts. I am hoping practice makes perfect.

planetmoto View Post
Welcome, I would start off with a few webinars of your choosing to get a feel for the community, you may end up liking algorithmic trading systems, building and testing indicators and systems. Just a guess based on your background.

Sent using the NexusFi mobile app

plf321
Luxembourg, Luxembourg

Thanks Received: 0

Thank you for the information in the first post and for this website.
I would like to day-trade and make a living from it.
My experience is limited to some stock buying/selling, sometimes with profit.
I am here to learn!
Pete

Last Updated on April 26, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts