NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 101 posts (443 thanks)
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 25 posts (204 thanks)
    3. looks_3 vvhg with 20 posts (49 thanks)
    4. looks_4 processing with 19 posts (34 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one cpolk2013 with 21.2 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Fat Tails with 8.2 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 ThatManFromTexas with 6.4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 4.4 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 681,506 views
    2. thumb_up 6,397 thanks given
    3. group 1,752 followers
    1. forum 1,263 posts
    2. attach_file 782 attachments

Search this Thread

Battlestations: Show us your trading desks!

brettji 
phoenix, az

Experience: None
Platform: NT8 TOS
Broker: Ninja - TOS
Trading: ES and stuff
Thanks Given: 148
Thanks Received: 205

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
About a successful futures trader who didnt know anythin …
Psychology and Money Management
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

xiinteractive 
Lawrenceville + GA/USA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradovate
Broker: NinjaTrader, Tradovate
Trading: ES, YM, NQ, RTY, GC, CL
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 6

josh View Post
This is a sit/stand desk. The room is whisper quiet because the computer and audio receiver are rack mounted in the data closet downstairs. Pulled 6x100 feet runs of fiber optic cable to connect the displays. Pulled several ethernet cables for remote IR, headphone jack for audio, and USB over ethernet for keyboard/mouse and other USB devices. Also ran speaker wire for the in ceiling speakers. So far no issues in a year with this setup, crossing my fingers it continues to work well
The wires are nice and tidy at the desk, and in the closet, well, they're not as tidy but I don't venture there more than I have to anyway

Georgia TEch fan!
Nice rig and nice install!

Thanked by:
 jkincap 
Laguna Niguel+CA/USA

Platform: NinjaTrader
Trading: ES mini
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Received: 46

SMCJB View Post
You have 43" monitors with a single chart on them?

Yes, makes it easy to see at a glance. I dont want to be changing things on the fly. Just read and get past my humanity perception and evaluate

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 jkincap 
Laguna Niguel+CA/USA

vsicth12 View Post
As an update, I just tested a 12-monitor setup on my existing desktop.
One RTX 4090 internal, + 2 of the Wavlink external boxes I mentioned above.
One Wavlink on the motherboard 3.2 USB bus. The other Wavlink on a Thunderbolt4 card I installed. (Intel Maple Ridge by Gigabyte)
Each video device handles 4 x 4k, 60hz, just fine.

I've just accomplished the most basic plugging in. I don't yet have the mounts or space to use this yet. I just wanted to determine if it would work.
I don't know that I even have a reasonable amount of space for 12 monitors, but we'll see. My desk is 6' x 3', & my wife will have many words to say about it all.
Doubtful that I'll have any kind of picture to share before month end.

Actually manages with no issues in Win11 Pro. 6, 8, 10, 12 monitors......they all show up & I can move them to any location.

This PC has evolved over the past 1.5 yrs, but is the most stable PC I've ever built. I've built hundreds in my day, both personally & professionally.
ThreadRipper 3960X, 256gb RAM, various AMD RAID volumes on fast NVMe sticks, video devices listed above, + Thunderbolt 4 card. EVGA 1000w PS.
Mother board is Gigabyte AORUS WiFi v1.2, TRX40
Circuit breaker to my office has to be 20A. I doubt that all of this would run on only a 15A breaker.

Next small project will be to upgrade one trading PC in the basement to i9-14900KS.
A couple of them have i9-13900K's now. I don't know that this will amount to much performance gain, but it somehow makes me sleep better at night.

Windows natively came up with 12 logical displays? I dont get what creates the video output/monitor in windows aka what allocates memory for that many displays? The video card the 4090 will create 4.

When you connect the wave link to internal thunderbolt that might create another 4? From the 4090? And same thing with the extra thunderbolt 4 card? Just didn’t think a single video card would create that many displays. Is it windows 11 that is now creating the rest of them virtually and driving them off cpu not gpu?

Really wish you could send a screenshot of the windows display settings as well. Did you try with 12 physical monitors?

vsicth12 
Chicago, IL, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TWS & NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: Minis & Micros of Indices
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 16

jkincap View Post
Windows natively came up with 12 logical displays? I dont get what creates the video output/monitor in windows aka what allocates memory for that many displays? The video card the 4090 will create 4.

When you connect the wave link to internal thunderbolt that might create another 4? From the 4090? And same thing with the extra thunderbolt 4 card? Just didn’t think a single video card would create that many displays. Is it windows 11 that is now creating the rest of them virtually and driving them off cpu not gpu?

Really wish you could send a screenshot of the windows display settings as well. Did you try with 12 physical monitors?

It's all about having enough lanes of traffic to handle the movement of that amount of video data streams.
This article explains it very well: https://www.makeuseof.com/can-you-stream-video-over-usb/

I'll send windows display settings over the weekend. I did try it with 12 monitors. I only have space for 9 of them permanently.
This video config has nothing to do with taxing the CPU, and the 4090 is independent of the 2 Wavlink boxes.
If I were a gamer, this config would not suffice. Only the 4090 monitors would be fast.
For charts, graphs, & numbers, it all works perfectly.

And, again, I can RDP into any of my basement PCs and get 9 screens off of each one, toggling back & forth with Windows Virtual Desktops.
So. in an instant, I can toggle between any of 4x9=36 screens of information.

I just realized that the Thunderbolt card has dual tb4 ports. I wonder if this means I could theoretically be able to wield 16 simultaneously displays??
Sounds like something I'll just have to test. Stay tuned.

~c. Hoffman
Thanked by:
 jkincap 
Laguna Niguel+CA/USA

vsicth12 View Post
It's all about having enough lanes of traffic to handle the movement of that amount of video data streams.
This article explains it very well: https://www.makeuseof.com/can-you-stream-video-over-usb/

I'll send windows display settings over the weekend. I did try it with 12 monitors. I only have space for 9 of them permanently.
This video config has nothing to do with taxing the CPU, and the 4090 is independent of the 2 Wavlink boxes.
If I were a gamer, this config would not suffice. Only the 4090 monitors would be fast.
For charts, graphs, & numbers, it all works perfectly.

And, again, I can RDP into any of my basement PCs and get 9 screens off of each one, toggling back & forth with Windows Virtual Desktops.
So. in an instant, I can toggle between any of 4x9=36 screens of information.

I just realized that the Thunderbolt card has dual tb4 ports. I wonder if this means I could theoretically be able to wield 16 simultaneously displays??
Sounds like something I'll just have to test. Stay tuned.

So are the 12 monitors 4K resolution?

kareem40 
Dallas, TX
Legendary TradeTheBar

Platform: NT, TS
Broker: IB, Oanda
Trading: ES, MES, MNQ, MYM
Thanks Given: 1,950
Thanks Received: 925

An Old Mac and a new Mic

One screen, one chart, one instrument:

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

vsicth12 
Chicago, IL, USA

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TWS & NinjaTrader
Broker: IB
Trading: Minis & Micros of Indices
Thanks Given: 3
Thanks Received: 16

jkincap View Post
So are the 12 monitors 4K resolution?

Yes. All are 4k 60hz. Any monitor can be landscape or portrait oriented and/or flipped.

~c. Hoffman
Thanked by:

DowDaddy 
Las Vegas

Experience: Master
Platform: Ninja
Broker: Ninja Trader Brokerage
Trading: Dow Futures
Thanks Given: 748
Thanks Received: 391

kareem40 View Post
An Old Mac and a new Mic

One screen, one chart, one instrument:

Man this simplicity I love it you inspired me!

If you don't bet, you can't win.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote

josh 
Georgia, US
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: None
Platform: SC
Broker: Denali+Rithmic
Trading: ES, NQ, YM
Thanks Given: 6,784
Thanks Received: 18,257

xiinteractive View Post
Georgia TEch fan!
Nice rig and nice install!

Fan and alum, and based your location, not too far down the road from you. Practically your neighbor

Last Updated on April 2, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts