NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

How to avoid eye fatigue / eyestrain

Discussion in Traders Hideout

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one SMCJB with 3 posts (2 thanks)
    2. looks_two vmodus with 3 posts (6 thanks)
    3. looks_3 cory with 2 posts (4 thanks)
    4. looks_4 HighRise1202 with 2 posts (6 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one HighRise1202 with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two MiniP with 2.5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 vmodus with 2 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 cory with 2 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 14,189 views
    2. thumb_up 62 thanks given
    3. group 28 followers
    1. forum 36 posts
    2. attach_file 2 attachments

Search this Thread

How to avoid eye fatigue / eyestrain

cory 
virginia

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: ninja
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 877
Thanks Received: 8,090

take zeaxanthin, i can't take Lutein but other has good result with it.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

marin 
Sonoma, CA, USA

https://www.techieflux.com/best-monitor-for-eyes/

Best Monitor for Eyes

10 Best Monitors for Eyes
1. ASUS PB279Q

ASUS PB279QBuilt with eye care technology, the ASUS PB279Q 27″ 4K/UHD 3840×2160 IPS is one of the best monitors you can purchase on the market.

When you say IPS, it stands for In-Plane-Switching, a technology used in LCD displays so that users are provided with bolder colors and wider viewing angles.

ASUS takes pride of manufacturing monitors that care for the eyes. This monitor is equipped with Blue Light Filter and is TUV certified Flicker for less eye fatigue.

And since it uses Smart Dynamic Backlight Adjustment, you don’t need to worry about staring at the monitor for many hours.

The features of the ASUS PB279Q are specifically designed to provide everyone eye-friendly and smooth experience. Another thing you need to know about this monitor is its different filter settings.

You can choose from these settings on screen so that you can have the best protection for your eyes.

The ASUS PB279Q is ergonomically designed to allow users pick their preferred height adjustment. It offers pivot, swivel, tilt and height adjustment.

See link above for additional monitor recommendations......

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	03.png
Views:	237
Size:	516.3 KB
ID:	264895  
SebPriceAction

Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 3

HighRise1202 View Post
Any tips on how to avoid eyestrain?

Get blue light glasses.

Thanked by:

SMCJB 
Houston TX
Legendary Market Wizard

Experience: Advanced
Platform: TT and Stellar
Broker: Advantage Futures
Trading: Primarily Energy but also a little Equities, Fixed Income, Metals and Crypto.
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Never
Thanks Given: 4,388
Thanks Received: 10,207

SebPriceAction View Post
Get blue light glasses.

I agree. About 18 months ago I had my eyes tested and now have prescription blue light glasses (Gunnar's) and the difference in how my eyes feel how at the end of day is so much better.

Thanked by:
 karentrader 
burlington, vt

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra
Trading: NQ
Thanks Given: 85
Thanks Received: 394

I've had a big improvement by replacing my monitors with two that offer blue light settings. on top of that, my computer runs f.lux. i used to get eye strain headaches and/or dizziness. the monitors i got were benq gw2480's.

another thing - maybe get your vision checked if you haven't lately.

and lastly, reduce time in front of the screen. don't do 8-8's From my experience, productivity and stress was much better by reducing long screen days by 2 hours a day.

Thanked by:
 Hemmo 
Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Platform: MC, TS, SQX, Build Alpha
Broker: IB, TS, OANDA
Trading: CFDs, Futures
Thanks Given: 64
Thanks Received: 38

There is plenty of great advice on the topic for FIO members to consider in this thread. If you're experiencing eye strain, then another option is to simply consult an Optometrist.

About 12 months ago, I was getting sore eyes and slight headaches towards the end of each day on the computer screens. So I saw an Optometrist, did the eye test thing and as a result, he prescribed me a pair of glasses to be used for the screens, reading, and other 'close-up' work. This had great results ... I hadn't realised that my vision had deteriorated in this way. Upon wearing the glasses, the screens were now crystal clear, and after a few days of getting used to the glasses, I no longer had sore eyes or headaches, and an unexpected benefit was that I was now more productive.

So, another option worth considering is to consult an Optometrist.

Thanked by:
 marin 
Sonoma, CA, USA

Do computers cause dry eyes?

Relieve Eye Strain with these Expert Tips

A homeopathic remedy has worked for me with a burning eyes problem...
"Ruta Graveolens"
Ruta graveolens (Ruta) is useful for rheumatic and connective tissue problems, especially following chronic overuse, strain, or injury of joints or tendons. Small tendons of the eye may also be affected.

tpredictor 
North Carolina

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, Tradestation
Trading: es

Buy a 48" to 55" 4k TV to use as a monitor. Make sure it can support 4:4:4 chroma @ 60 HZ.

HighRise1202 View Post
Any tips on how to avoid eyestrain?

apac
Nearest City + State/Country

Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 20

I've tried to use a projector as a time-killer experiment*. It has no electronic screen coming at your eyes.

I have an ok projector, but it didn't work very well. Screen quality also counts.

* Ideally, I'd trade standing and moving around from anywhere in the room using a keyboard number pad.

As it is, I trade seated, crouched and bent, squinting. With a keyboard number pad.

Thanked by:

vmodus 
Somewhere, Delaware, USA

Platform: MultiCharts
Broker: Barchart.com
Trading: Everything, it all tastes like chicken
Thanks Given: 2,958
Thanks Received: 2,853

Shery7175 View Post
Best Monitor For Eyes

Asus Designo MX259HS

This monitor, as described, is very dynamic in use. It features two HDMI ports, for multiple displays to be switched between at the same time. It can be used as a television set, as well as a personal computer simultaneously. The monitor can also be used to display the screen of a laptop. The device can be connected through a Hedgedock easily.

There are two stereo speakers built inside the device. Both of them are 3 watts speakers. They work on the Asus SonicMaster technology, ensuring that the quality of the sound is amazing and clear. The 25 inches screen is framed by a thin lining, which allows the monitor to be called frameless. The base of the screen has a metallic finish.

Above is the URL, where publish buying guides related to budget monitor, cheap monitor, monitors for a profession which people can refer and make an informed decision.

What is Hedgedock? Do you use this for trading?

~vmodus

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on February 9, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts