NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

2012 Election

Discussion in Off-Topic

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one syxforex with 207 posts (31 thanks)
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 104 posts (68 thanks)
    3. looks_3 kbit with 62 posts (36 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Cloudy with 40 posts (14 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 0.7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two kbit with 0.6 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Silver Dragon with 0.5 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 syxforex with 0.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 83,262 views
    2. thumb_up 300 thanks given
    3. group 23 followers
    1. forum 664 posts
    2. attach_file 26 attachments

Closed Thread

Search this Thread

2012 Election

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,247
Thanks Received: 101,669

Silver Dragon View Post
ow many family's will lose everything and be on the street because you decided that corporations were evil and you couldnt vote for a candidate who supported them? Its easy to say corporations are evil but they are a necessary evil.

Lets not forget how many corporations you use to run your business right now Everything from your server to your computer to broker to markets you trade. Take those corporations away and what are you left with?

I am not anti-corporation. I simply said that Romney is going to help corporations earn more money, and that does not mean employees will be better off. Trickle down does not work.

Likewise, the reverse is not true. You simply cannot make corporations be less profitable, and solve the economic problems of the country.

But in a time where corporations are doing gangbusters, but the middle class is doing awful, I would rather see more help go towards the middle class than to making corporations richer.

Corporations are not people. The CEO of the corporation can vote, and can vote with his checkbook to the tune of $2300. Every employee within that corporation that believes one candidate will help them more than the other can also vote, and vote with their checkbook to the tune of $2300. That seems fair.

What is not fair is Citizens United and unlimited super pac's. How could you possibly make an argument that the ultra wealthy contributing unlimited amounts of money to campaigns could be good for anyone other than the ultra wealthy?

I know that all Americans want the dream, and they sometimes vote based on where they see themselves one day (ultra wealthy). The reality is, the middle class is what makes this country turn, and it is being crushed by the ultra wealthy.

Mike

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

kbit View Post
By the way Mike ...YOU didn't build this site...

(don't ban me .)

I hope you aren't one of those people that believed that sound bite taken out of context. He was talking about infrastructure. As you know, I did build the site. But I didn't build the internet, the power grid, the building housing the servers, and etc which I use in order to run the site. This is what the President was saying to anyone who listened to the whole sound bite, and not just the 2 second clip prepared by Republicans for their ads.

Mike

Thanked by:

Silver Dragon 
Cincinnati Ohio
Legendary Master Data Manipulator

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TastyWorks / NT
Broker: TastyWorks /NT
Trading: FX, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 6,422
Thanks Received: 5,238

Big Mike View Post
Corporate profits have seen record highs in recent years, while unemployment is also at record highs. Corporations are hoarding record amounts of cash, while the number of people on food stamps is at a record high.

Kind of a disconnect, yes?

Corporations are not here to help Americans. They are here to make as much money as possible.

Mike

No not at all. Do you have a savings account? Do you hoard money away for a rainy day? Are you not saving for a retirement? Are you not looking our for #1<-- this sounds like a corporation!! You probably have more than most. How is it fair you have all that money and there are people living on the street and unemployed . You should give your "fair share" to those who do not have any, Mike. But my bet is you wont. You have the same mentality as corporation: Survival

nosce te ipsum

You make your own opportunities in life.
Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

The majority of people on futures.io (formerly BMT) are republicans. The majority of people on futures.io (formerly BMT) are also doing extremely well financially.

So, it is not my intention to start any wars. With politics it is easy to take things personally.

The last parting word I will say tonight is that I dislike Republicans and Democrats both.

Mike

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

Big Mike View Post
I hope you aren't one of those people that believed that sound bite taken out of context. He was talking about infrastructure. As you know, I did build the site. But I didn't build the internet, the power grid, the building housing the servers, and etc which I use in order to run the site. This is what the President was saying to anyone who listened to the whole sound bite, and not just the 2 second clip prepared by Republicans for their ads.

Mike

I'm not..don't worry ...oh and I know you didn't build the internet either...Al Gore did.

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Silver Dragon View Post
No not at all. Do you have a savings account? Do you hoard money away for a rainy day? Are you not saving for a retirement? Are you not looking our for #1<-- this sounds like a corporation!! You probably have more than most. How is it fair you have all that money and there are people living on the street and unemployed . You should give your "fair share" to those who do not have any, Mike. But my bet is you wont. You have the same mentality as corporation: Survival

Go back and look at the last 20 years from non-partisan sources, and look at the correlation between corporate profits and the average pay of the middle class vs the wealth of the uber-rich.

How could anyone argue against it?

It didn't use to be this way. It's just gotten more and more worse and pronounced in the last 20 years because more and more laws have been passed to corrupt our politicians into doing exactly what the corporations want. We The People are simply no longer represented.

All it takes is a few billion dollars of ads to convince people of anything you want to convince them of. They love sound bites, and certainly can't be bothered to conduct their own research, since American Idol is coming on in a few minutes. So they just believe whatever you put in front of them.

Whoever has the most money and tells the most lies, wins.

Mike

Thanked by:

Silver Dragon 
Cincinnati Ohio
Legendary Master Data Manipulator

Platform: TastyWorks / NT
Broker: TastyWorks /NT
Trading: FX, Stocks, Options
Thanks Given: 6,422
Thanks Received: 5,238

Big Mike View Post
Go back and look at the last 20 years from non-partisan sources, and look at the correlation between corporate profits and the average pay of the middle class vs the wealth of the uber-rich.

How could anyone argue against it?

It didn't use to be this way. It's just gotten more and more worse and pronounced in the last 20 years because more and more laws have been passed to corrupt our politicians into doing exactly what the corporations want. We The People are simply no longer represented.

All it takes is a few billion dollars of ads to convince people of anything you want to convince them of. They love sound bites, and certainly can't be bothered to conduct their own research, since American Idol is coming on in a few minutes. So they just believe whatever you put in front of them.

Whoever has the most money and tells the most lies, wins.

Mike

Why should I care if someone makes more money than me? Life isn't fair. You probably make more than me. If I start complaining and whining about you not paying your fair share will you give me some of your money? Probably not. I wouldn't expect you too. I wouldnt want you too. You worked for it, its yours. If I want more money I will get a second job or a find a better job than the one I have.

I make my own future by the amount of work I put into it. I don't need a handout for the sake of fairness and equality.

nosce te ipsum

You make your own opportunities in life.

kbit 
Aurora, Il USA

Platform: TradeStation
Trading: futures
Thanks Given: 3,295
Thanks Received: 3,364

I dug up a couple clips....I am in alignment with Krauthammer on the I didn't build it thing.

Thanked by:

heywally 
Pismo Beach CA

Platform: TOS, IB, Fidelity for 'swing' trades
Trading: ES, NQ, IBB, IWM, NG
Thanks Given: 80
Thanks Received: 90

monpere View Post
I don't believe in partisan politics. I vote for whomever I feel seems better equipped to handle the major issues facing the country at the time of any election. So, I have just been astounded by the candidates the republicans have been choosing of late. First Sarah Palin, now Mitt Romney! I don't know, but it would appear there is a shallow pool of worthwhile talent to choose from in the Republican ranks.

I observed that even in the primaries there seemed to only be lack luster support for Romney within his own ranks. Any high profile Romney supporter seemed to be pretty much saying, well, I'll support him, since there are no other viable choices. To me, Romney just exudes the air of entitlement, a guy whose been given everything on a silver platter, a guy who doesn't really understand what it is to be an average middle class American.

Am I the only one who finds peculiar that the Republican party chose a wall street fat cat to run, given the rise of the occupy wall street sentiment lately. Really? Do you guys want to win? How about that little foray abroad? Has he ever traveled outside the country before? Does his diplomatic skill entail being able to see Russia from his house too? Come on guys! I can't wait for the presidential debates, somehow I think that is where Romney will literally go down in flames.

Romney was the only mainstream Republican candidate who wasn't too far to the right on the 'social conservative' side to have a chance to be elected and, also had a pretty solid business background. An oversimplification but definitely the big factors. And the social conservatives dislike Obama enough to vote for Romney.

As far as the air of entitlement, I get that sense from most politicians, few who are in D.C. working for 'the American people.'

There just aren't any Abe Lincolns floating around anymore and they'd be irrelevant nowadays anyway.

"The Future Ain't what it used to be"
 syxforex 
British Columbia

Platform: NINJA
Broker: ZEN
Trading: Crude

Not sure how it works, can they buy anything with their stamps or only certain products? IE, farm subsidized products, in that case, they are only absorbing the excesses of corporate welfare. I know nothing about it, something to be considered in the equation perhaps?

Big Mike View Post
There are over 45 million Americans on food stamps, a record, with no end in sight.

The best way to address that would be through lowering unemployment and improving education. I believe that no matter who is elected, we will see unemployment improve over the next 4 years. As for education, it will undoubtedly worsen, as it does every year -- we get further and further behind the curve.

The Education problem cannot be solved by throwing money at it. You can look at many other countries and see they approach education from a very different viewpoint, and it is very important in their culture - while here it is often viewed as nothing more than subsidized day care.

Mike

Closed Thread

Last Updated on November 7, 2012

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts