NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





How to code a "buy 1 lot (forex)" in EL


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
    1. trending_up 3,065 views
    2. thumb_up 4 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 2 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 Arich 
Springfield, Missouri
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker: Interactive Brokers
Trading: EUR/USD
Posts: 28 since Sep 2012
Thanks Given: 29
Thanks Received: 5

Hello,

I'm in the process of coding my strategy in EL so that I can backtest/automate it.
I'm wondering how I need to go about entering a forex position with one lot size (100000) on the open of a bar.

Would it look something like this:

Buy ("EnterLong") 1 lot next bar at market;

or am I looking at it wrong? It's not a contract, is it...? I'm stumped.


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 swz168 
Nuremberg, Germany
 
Experience: None
Platform: MultiCharts
Trading: Fx
Posts: 49 since Jun 2010
Thanks Given: 32
Thanks Received: 59


Arich View Post
Hello,

I'm in the process of coding my strategy in EL so that I can backtest/automate it.
I'm wondering how I need to go about entering a forex position with one lot size (100000) on the open of a bar.

Would it look something like this:

Buy ("EnterLong") 1 lot next bar at market;

or am I looking at it wrong? It's not a contract, is it...? I'm stumped.

With MB Trading:

Buy ("EnterLong") 100000 Contract Next Bar Market;

Checkout the Wiki: MultiCharts


Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
  #3 (permalink)
 
Nicolas11's Avatar
 Nicolas11 
near Paris, France
 
Experience: Beginner
Platform: -
Trading: -
Posts: 1,071 since Aug 2011
Thanks Given: 2,232
Thanks Received: 1,774


Hi,

@swz168 implied it but this is something to be checked with your broker.
For instance, with LMAX, a size of 100,000 corresponds to 10 contracts (to be checked).
It is advised to check this carefully in SIM before going live with real money.

Nicolas


Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:




Last Updated on September 16, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts