NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Ninja Trader Custom Order Book - 1LDom - Source Code

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one 1LotTrader with 120 posts (318 thanks)
    2. looks_two Silvester17 with 27 posts (74 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Zondor with 17 posts (28 thanks)
    4. looks_4 philipp with 14 posts (7 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one aligator with 3 thanks per post
    2. looks_two 1LotTrader with 2.7 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Silvester17 with 2.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Zondor with 1.6 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 176,475 views
    2. thumb_up 598 thanks given
    3. group 70 followers
    1. forum 356 posts
    2. attach_file 80 attachments

Search this Thread

Ninja Trader Custom Order Book - 1LDom - Source Code

greenr 
london/england

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra charts, NinjaTrader, VK Trader
Broker: CQG, AMP, VK, Kinetick
Trading: CL/6E/TF/ES
Thanks Given: 562
Thanks Received: 1,280

Love this @1LotTrader many thanks

Don’t know if i am doing something wrong though, but today when i loaded up my charts

My RAM went from a stable 3-4 GB of memory use

and gradually rose to a 18 GB of usage and my chart kept crashing

As soon as i removed and deleted this, everything went back to normal

Any one els having this issue?

I would really love to see this indicator stable on my DOM, at the moment i am actually considering getting X-trader just for this reason

" I will follow my rules, I will take my stops, I will be disciplined and i will work with the market....NOT AGAINST IT! Professional mind control is the key"

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
NT7 Indicator Script Troubleshooting - Camarilla Pivots
NinjaTrader
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

1LotTrader 
Douglas, United Kingdom

Platform: Custom
Trading: Bund
Thanks Given: 206
Thanks Received: 445

greenr View Post
Love this @1LotTrader many thanks

Don’t know if i am doing something wrong though, but today when i loaded up my charts

My RAM went from a stable 3-4 GB of memory use

and gradually rose to a 18 GB of usage and my chart kept crashing

As soon as i removed and deleted this, everything went back to normal

Any one els having this issue?

I would really love to see this indicator stable on my DOM, at the moment i am actually considering getting X-trader just for this reason

Hi @greenr

Can you give me a few more details.

1. What feed are you running?
2. Can you replicate the problem? i.e. was this a one time occurrence or is it the case that each day you load it up and it chomps memory and crashes?
3. Have you got the latest source file? There was a problem in earlier versions with an invalid object reference that was causing a constant trace log file write which may or may not be a possible cause.
4. Running any other custom indicators at the same time on other charts etc?

I will wait for response before going any further but next step after this, if you can replicate it each day, then I need to track your steps exactly to reproduce my side so I can narrow it down. As it stands with my day to day type operations this issue does not crop up so there must be a deviation in the path somewhere that we'll need to track down.

Cheers
1Lot

Follow me on Twitter Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 greenr 
london/england

1LotTrader View Post
Hi @greenr

Can you give me a few more details.

1. What feed are you running?
2. Can you replicate the problem? i.e. was this a one time occurrence or is it the case that each day you load it up and it chomps memory and crashes?
3. Have you got the latest source file? There was a problem in earlier versions with an invalid object reference that was causing a constant trace log file write which may or may not be a possible cause.
4. Running any other custom indicators at the same time on other charts etc?

I will wait for response before going any further but next step after this, if you can replicate it each day, then I need to track your steps exactly to reproduce my side so I can narrow it down. As it stands with my day to day type operations this issue does not crop up so there must be a deviation in the path somewhere that we'll need to track down.

Cheers
1Lot

Im running CQG

Got the latest source file

ON the 1lot DOM im running nothing els, basic MA indicators on other charts

I reloaded the indicator and i loaded it up on your chart template and it worked fine after this instant, i created my own template and maybe there was some sort of memory leak, I’m going to monitor it for you the next few days and i will let you know how i get on. I should have recorded it, literally this morning when i booted up my charts 3-4 time in a row i watched my RAM over 5 minutes rise from 3-4 gb all the way up to 18 gb as data was coming though. Almost maxed out the 24 gb I got installed. Never seen it so high . Most bizarre

Thanks you from you time dear kind sir, i will be in contact

" I will follow my rules, I will take my stops, I will be disciplined and i will work with the market....NOT AGAINST IT! Professional mind control is the key"

alexsmit 
reseda, ca

Platform: ninja
Trading: 6e
Thanks Given: 1
Thanks Received: 7

1LotTrader View Post
Hi Alex,

If you can post a couple of screenshots of the issues, it will be easier for me and some others maybe to assist.

Cheers
1Lot

Attached.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bm_1.png
Views:	325
Size:	35.7 KB
ID:	92880  
Thanked by:

1LotTrader 
Douglas, United Kingdom

@alexsmit : are you running a custom set of parameters there? it looks like they are not set up correctly. If you want to run custom it is better to start from the template and work backwards, change a parameter, see what it does etc.

At the moment it looks like you have two options set incorrectly:

Extreme Right Ladder: 1. Show (this option should be set to True, maybe yours is false?)
Price Constant Ladder 3. Number Format (this option should be set to Decimal 4 for this instrument).

Again I would suggest, first load the template then work backwards from it. That way we can identify if there is a problem at the base recommended set, or a setting or a bug etc.

1Lot

Thanked by:
 greenr 
london/england

Is this correct....?

I can see levels of depth for the WHOLE of the TF market?

All went well today by the way

regards

1LotTrader 
Douglas, United Kingdom

No there is an issue there on those TF bid/asks, however I was able to replicate it immediately so I will fix it and release an update first thing in the morning. It's nearly 21:30pm here and I've been at it all day so pretty tired.

Will upload a new .cs in the morning as soon as I figure out what's causing it.

Cheers
1Lot

Thanked by:
 greenr 
london/england

1LotTrader View Post
No there is an issue there on those TF bid/asks, however I was able to replicate it immediately so I will fix it and release an update first thing in the morning. It's nearly 21:30pm here and I've been at it all day so pretty tired.

Will upload a new .cs in the morning as soon as I figure out what's causing it.

Cheers
1Lot

No worries, it only happend after market hourse. During trading hours today i could only see 10 levels

Just an idea, obviously this is your indicator but......though you might be able to write this into the script?

vertical scroller

Here is the attached indicator i have put onto your template

Vertical_Scroll_NT7.zip

Regards

Thanked by:

1LotTrader 
Douglas, United Kingdom

@greenr,

You can already vertical scroll with Ninja by default, just hold down your CTRL key and move your cursor up and down in the scale axis, you can then move the DOM vertically from any point on the vertical axis without the need to fetch the scroller, this is faster, more efficient and uses less screen space.

The issue regarding depth of Market is coming from the Ninja OnMarketDepth event and not something I can fix other than to write another sloppy work around where the Depth of Book Limit would need to be explicitly defined in the parameters in order for me to ignore the other stuff being passed through since the internal Depth of Book count is coming through as 140 or something and it is indeed firing the event for all of them.

I will get in contact with Ninja and see what they have to say.

Cheers
1Lot

greenr 
london/england

1LotTrader View Post
@greenr,

You can already vertical scroll with Ninja by default, just hold down your CTRL key and move your cursor up and down in the scale axis, you can then move the DOM vertically from any point on the vertical axis without the need to fetch the scroller, this is faster, more efficient and uses less screen space.

The issue regarding depth of Market is coming from the Ninja OnMarketDepth event and not something I can fix other than to write another sloppy work around where the Depth of Book Limit would need to be explicitly defined in the parameters in order for me to ignore the other stuff being passed through since the internal Depth of Book count is coming through as 140 or something and it is indeed firing the event for all of them.

I will get in contact with Ninja and see what they have to say.

Cheers
1Lot

Yeh...i know

I like the vertical scroll because im lazy and it take up to much energy to hold down Ctrl

Joking

I just like the Vertical scroll on the DOM, just an idea for you thats all

Last Updated on February 19, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts