NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Windows Searchindex and IQFeed


Discussion in Tech Support

Updated
    1. trending_up 1,744 views
    2. thumb_up 1 thanks given
    3. group 1 followers
    1. forum 1 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 FGBL07 
Oberhausen, Germany
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierracharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers/DTN IQFeed
Trading: Bund Future
Posts: 272 since Aug 2011
Thanks Given: 100
Thanks Received: 311

I posted this in the DTN forum already, but maybe someone here has an idea.

I have a problem on my PC with the Windows Searchindex and the IQFeed client.

I had noticed that whenever I run my chart program (Sierracharts) the Windows Searchindex process starts to use an indecent amount of CPU time. In fact it uses more CPU time than Sierracharts.

Just starting the IQFeed diagnostic tool will have this effect, so Sierracharts itself is not involved.

I'm at a loss what setting for the Searchindex I have got to change to stop this.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and IQFeed 4.8.1.7.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks.


Follow me on X Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
No book, only a stair: journaling fills where price move …
Cryptocurrency
EA
Platforms and Indicators
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
  #2 (permalink)
 FGBL07 
Oberhausen, Germany
 
Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierracharts
Broker: Interactive Brokers/DTN IQFeed
Trading: Bund Future
Posts: 272 since Aug 2011
Thanks Given: 100
Thanks Received: 311

Problem has been solved. DTN support works even on Sunday afternoons so I got help from them.

Logging had been switched on for the IQ client. That made the client write a lot of text which the Searchindexer dutifully indexed.

It is switched on/off in the IQ diagnostics utility.


Follow me on X Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on September 24, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts