NexusFi: Find Your Edge


Home Menu

 





Use mouseclick on a bar to get the high and low of that bar


Discussion in EasyLanguage Programming

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one KhaosTrader with 2 posts (0 thanks)
    2. looks_two Bimi with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Quick Summary with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    4. looks_4 vvhg with 1 posts (0 thanks)
    1. trending_up 2,817 views
    2. thumb_up 0 thanks given
    3. group 3 followers
    1. forum 4 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments




 
Search this Thread
  #1 (permalink)
 KhaosTrader 
San Jose
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Esignal
Trading: Stocks
Posts: 107 since Jan 2012
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 21

I am trying to get the high and low of a given bar that i click the mouse on. I understand using the ProcessMouseEvents and all that. But I have a hard time getting the values for the bar clicked...

I am trying various ways, but with no luck. .. Sometimes I am getting vBarsAgo as a number less than 0, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong, or how I should approach the problem..


Here is rough pseudo sample code

 
Code
if MouseClickShiftPressed then begin

   vClickBarNbr = MouseClickBarNumber;
      

   
 //vLastBar = currentbar;
   vLastBar = barnumber;
   vBarsAgo = vLastBar-vClickBarNbr ;
   if vBarsAgo >= 0 then begin
      vClickBarHigh = high[vBarsAgo];
      vClickBarLow = low[vBarsAgo];
      print ("high = " + NumToStr(vclickBarHigh,2) + " Low = " + NumToStr(vclickBarLow,2));   
   end
   else begin
      print ("bar= " + NumToStr(vBarsAgo,0) + " Low = " + NumToStr(vclickBarLow,2));
   end;


Started this thread Reply With Quote

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Trump Media to sell instant access to market-moving soci …
Traders Hideout
Datafeed for Atas
Platforms and Indicators
EA
Platforms and Indicators
requesting .nrd replay files from 2026 spy and qqq
The Elite Circle
My Rant with AMP Futures
Trading Reviews and Vendors
 
Best Threads (Most Thanked)
in the last 7 days on NexusFi
Mes vs MNQ
6 thanks
NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting
5 thanks
BERN ALGOS algo trading journal
3 thanks
Johnnys Journal
2 thanks
TopStep Trader disappointment
2 thanks
  #3 (permalink)
 
vvhg's Avatar
 vvhg 
Northern Germany
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT
Trading: FDAX, CL
Posts: 1,580 since Mar 2011
Thanks Given: 1,016
Thanks Received: 2,826



KhaosTrader View Post
I am trying to get the high and low of a given bar that i click the mouse on. I understand using the ProcessMouseEvents and all that. But I have a hard time getting the values for the bar clicked...

I am trying various ways, but with no luck. .. Sometimes I am getting vBarsAgo as a number less than 0, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong, or how I should approach the problem..


Here is rough pseudo sample code

 
Code
if MouseClickShiftPressed then begin

   vClickBarNbr = MouseClickBarNumber;
      

   
 //vLastBar = currentbar;
   vLastBar = barnumber;
   vBarsAgo = vLastBar-vClickBarNbr ;
   if vBarsAgo >= 0 then begin
      vClickBarHigh = high[vBarsAgo];
      vClickBarLow = low[vBarsAgo];
      print ("high = " + NumToStr(vclickBarHigh,2) + " Low = " + NumToStr(vclickBarLow,2));   
   end
   else begin
      print ("bar= " + NumToStr(vBarsAgo,0) + " Low = " + NumToStr(vclickBarLow,2));
   end;

Why don't you try to get the bar by time, you should be able to get e.X as time pretty easily...


vvhg


Hic Rhodos, hic salta.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)
Bimi
London
 
Posts: 118 since Mar 2010
Thanks Given: 42
Thanks Received: 58


KhaosTrader View Post
I am trying to get the high and low of a given bar that i click the mouse on. I understand using the ProcessMouseEvents and all that. But I have a hard time getting the values for the bar clicked...

I am trying various ways, but with no luck. .. Sometimes I am getting vBarsAgo as a number less than 0, so I am not sure what I am doing wrong, or how I should approach the problem..


Here is rough pseudo sample code

 
Code
if MouseClickShiftPressed then begin

   vClickBarNbr = MouseClickBarNumber;
      

   
 //vLastBar = currentbar;
   vLastBar = barnumber;
   vBarsAgo = vLastBar-vClickBarNbr ;
   if vBarsAgo >= 0 then begin
      vClickBarHigh = high[vBarsAgo];
      vClickBarLow = low[vBarsAgo];
      print ("high = " + NumToStr(vclickBarHigh,2) + " Low = " + NumToStr(vclickBarLow,2));   
   end
   else begin
      print ("bar= " + NumToStr(vBarsAgo,0) + " Low = " + NumToStr(vclickBarLow,2));
   end;

you are using a non-standard bar chart.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)
 KhaosTrader 
San Jose
 
Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader, Esignal
Trading: Stocks
Posts: 107 since Jan 2012
Thanks Given: 40
Thanks Received: 21

standard chart. I use candlestick standard.


Started this thread Reply With Quote




Last Updated on October 26, 2012


© 2026 NexusFi®, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Downloads - Top
no new posts