NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

Strategy Builder for Non-Programmers NO CODE

Discussion in NinjaTrader

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one jmont1 with 47 posts (85 thanks)
    2. looks_two romus with 29 posts (20 thanks)
    3. looks_3 Fugitive69 with 16 posts (30 thanks)
    4. looks_4 userque with 15 posts (11 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one Fugitive69 with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two jmont1 with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 romus with 0.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 userque with 0.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 48,991 views
    2. thumb_up 158 thanks given
    3. group 44 followers
    1. forum 132 posts
    2. attach_file 66 attachments

Search this Thread

Strategy Builder for Non-Programmers NO CODE

jmont1 
New York, NY

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader8
Broker: Data = Rithmic -- Gives 70 Level II Data
Trading: 6C (Low Margin,) 6E, CL, GC, ES and Maybe DX for smaller tick value
Thanks Given: 1,719
Thanks Received: 1,020

bergenrain View Post
Sure. These are two simple patterns for trend trading. The question is which trend filter works best. Tried EMA-cross, CCI, ADX. Any advice would be very grateful.

@ bergenrain, Not sure I see the same pattern you see. It would help if you wrote out the elements like these samples.

Three White Soldiers pattern consists of three consecutive long-bodied candlesticks that open within the previous candle's real body and a close that exceeds the previous candle's high. These candlesticks should not have very long shadows and ideally open within the real body of the preceding candle in the pattern.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/three_white_soldiers.asp

The three stars in the south candlestick pattern is a very rare pattern that doesn't typically precede large price moves. This pattern is formed by three black or red (down) candles of decreasing size following a price decline.
https://www.investopedia.com/terms/t/three-stars-south.asp

But if anything, I think it looks like "Price Breakout From Rectangular Base" That gives a signal of "1" when it occurs. I have not really used this indicator so you will have to evaluate on your own.
https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share-download/price-break-out-from-a-rectangular-base-on-volume/

If you figure it out, post a sample here and FIO people can try and help you figure further elements.

Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
What broker to use for trading palladium futures
Commodities
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader

bergenrain 
Kyiv Ukraine

Experience: Beginner
Platform: NT8
Broker: NinjaTrader Brokerage
Trading: Emini ES
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 82
Thanks Received: 11

@jmont1,

Thank you for your advice. I do not use Three White Soldiers and volume breakout, rather it is a classic 1-2-3 pattern for trend trading. Attached are the patterns on today's ES chart. Entry after the signal at the beginning of the next bar. I use ninza-renko and EMA (14) as a filter. The stronger the trend, the more likely it is to break out. An example of a strategy based on one of the patterns in the attachment. The backtest for 2021 shows 38% at RR 1:2 and 53,5% at RR 1:1. I would like to improve this result by using some good strong trend filter and that was my question.

Patterns

Strat

unnamed

Thanked by:
 jmont1 
New York, NY

bergenrain View Post
@jmont1,

Thank you for your advice. I do not use Three White Soldiers and volume breakout, rather it is a classic 1-2-3 pattern for trend trading. Attached are the patterns on today's ES chart. Entry after the signal at the beginning of the next bar. I use ninza-renko and EMA (14) as a filter. The stronger the trend, the more likely it is to break out. An example of a strategy based on one of the patterns in the attachment. The backtest for 2021 shows 38% at RR 1:2 and 53,5% at RR 1:1. I would like to improve this result by using some good strong trend filter and that was my question.

Patterns

Strat

unnamed

@Bergenraun, Many systems are trying to use amaDivergenceStops from Lizard Indicators. Do not think there is a version on Futures.io but there might be. Basically people go long when the three standard deviations signal a new trend. Close the trade if it comes back hru the first signal level.

Would like to know where you got the iWickPattern indicator hat might be good with the indicator below. Is it something you could Direct Message me?

https://www.lizardindicators.com/indicator-library-2/trailing-stop-loss/deviation-stop/

Thanked by:
 jmont1 
New York, NY

@bergenrain You probably have heard of PriceActionSwing, but perhas take a look at its ABC highlight that also seems similar to what you arelookig to see.

And I also like CongestionBoxLite that highlights these rectangles.

Thanked by:
 jmont1 
New York, NY

@cdnftrstdr, Sample MACD crossover attached.
Good Trading All !!!

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: MACD Cross.zip

cdnftrstdr   is a Vendor

Thanks Given: 86
Thanks Received: 178

jmont1 View Post
@cdnftrstdr, Sample MACD crossover attached.
Good Trading All !!!

Hey thanks for this very much appreciated! I'll load it up and give it a try and dig in to learn as well.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 jmont1 
New York, NY

cdnftrstdr View Post
Hey thanks for this very much appreciated! I'll load it up and give it a try and dig in to learn as well.

@cdnftrstdr, yes SB is awesome for noncoders. As a beginner U will likely use single sections to putin buy and sell reasons. But later U will realize that groups allow U to name them so you can add and subtract them understanding why U created them based on the group name.

Wish there was a way to make if All a standard in the group settings but for now remember to set it.

AND MOST IMPORTANT - please share your attempts so others can help and learn.

jmont1 
New York, NY

NT8 uses Strategy Builder and so any old strategies would need to be converted.
I built this very basic core strategy framework to be able to test whether NT8 could use an indictor as is or if additional changes need to be made in the base strategy. For instance NT8 still cannot see "Double" elements even if exposed so the plots need to be "INT'."
Some strategies have bools or +1 / -1 elements to signal longs or shorts. Using this testing strategy you can see if the information is exposed for NT8 Strategy Builder. Good Trading All !!!

Attached Files
Elite Membership required to download: IndiTestIT.zip
 jmont1 
New York, NY

This is an example of an indicator that has the information Strategy Builder could act on but it is not yet exposed. This builds a channel and colors the background based on trend calculation. Within the code is a bool that does true for long, false for short. It also has a possible plot of 1 or -1 but they are not exposed to be available for Strategy Builder to act on.
So for @Abusamjad91, I am providing a basic strategy that shows the plot, confirms if the current price (close) is within the plot range. But without the trend information it does not know whether it is a long or a short trend.
@TraderGB, perhaps you can take a look and see if the trend can be exposed. It would be for indicator GBAvgHiLoPivot THanks!

Unfortunately for some reason this is not allowing me to zip it so here is the CS file.

Oops, it will not let me upload the file either based on Futures.io new security system. I tried the one to the left and I tried the advanced manage attachments and they both block it. It does not appear to be doing a security scan, just going right away to it is not allowed.

@bobwest, may I request you take a look?

Thanked by:

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,527
Thanks Received: 26,292

jmont1 View Post
This is an example of an indicator that has the information Strategy Builder could act on but it is not yet exposed. This builds a channel and colors the background based on trend calculation. Within the code is a bool that does true for long, false for short. It also has a possible plot of 1 or -1 but they are not exposed to be available for Strategy Builder to act on.
So for @Abusamjad91, I am providing a basic strategy that shows the plot, confirms if the current price (close) is within the plot range. But without the trend information it does not know whether it is a long or a short trend.
@TraderGB, perhaps you can take a look and see if the trend can be exposed. It would be for indicator GBAvgHiLoPivot THanks!

Unfortunately for some reason this is not allowing me to zip it so here is the CS file.

Oops, it will not let me upload the file either based on Futures.io new security system. I tried the one to the left and I tried the advanced manage attachments and they both block it. It does not appear to be doing a security scan, just going right away to it is not allowed.

@bobwest, may I request you take a look?

There's been no change in the system for a long time.

Please try it again, and if it doesn't succeed, can you tell me exactly what happens (any messages, etc.), and anything that is different from the last time you did an attachment, which was apparently a half hour before this one.

Details are important, so please note anything at all. If there is a repeatable issue, it will need to go to Mike for resolution.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on November 16, 2021

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts