NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting

Discussion in Feedback and Announcements

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 2,157 posts (3,889 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 255 posts (491 thanks)
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 232 posts (387 thanks)
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 99 posts (109 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one bobwest with 1.9 thanks per post
    2. looks_two Big Mike with 1.8 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 xplorer with 1.7 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 SMCJB with 1.1 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 1,316,911 views
    2. thumb_up 6,320 thanks given
    3. group 165 followers
    1. forum 3,895 posts
    2. attach_file 559 attachments

Search this Thread

NexusFi site changelog and issues/problem reporting

bobwest 
Western Florida
Site Moderator

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: ES, YM
Frequency: Several times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 57,526
Thanks Received: 26,292

Since you don't have anything else to do (ahem), here's more.

The ctl + enter works fine for Submit Reply in a new post, and the drag and drop works there too. So that's all fine.

I just checked, and neither is implemented in an Edit of an existing post. The ctl + enter shortcut is not a big deal, unless someone had gotten really used to it, but not having the drag and drop for attachments is more seious, because adding an attachment is a natural thing in an Edit.

No big deal, I just saw these and wanted to bring them up.

Bob.

When one door closes, another opens.
-- Cervantes, Don Quixote
Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Quantum physics & Trading dynamics
The Elite Circle
ZombieSqueeze
Platforms and Indicators
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
REcommedations for programming help
Sierra Chart

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,249
Thanks Received: 101,669

bobwest View Post
Since you don't have anything else to do (ahem), here's more.

The ctl + enter works fine for Submit Reply in a new post, and the drag and drop works there too. So that's all fine.

I just checked, and neither is implemented in an Edit of an existing post. The ctl + enter shortcut is not a big deal, unless someone had gotten really used to it, but not having the drag and drop for attachments is more seious, because adding an attachment is a natural thing in an Edit.

No big deal, I just saw these and wanted to bring them up.

Bob.

Thanks Bob, yes I noticed that too earlier today. I know the issue. The ctrl+enter is a quick fix. I'm not sure about the attachments... I will look. If somehow I forget after a few days, just remind me.

Mike

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

A few various changes...

1) Changed non-FIO links inside of posts (ie: to other domains) are now tagged with rel="ugc" which means "user generated content". This tells Google we don't endorse the link, so no matter what the destination content is, don't link it to us.

2) Modified the forum homepage to get rid of some redundant images to the left of the who's online username list.

3) Improved the who's online number count to be comma delimited (before it was 1734 users online, now it's 1,734 users online).

4) Changed the default button size for things like Submit, Go, Top, Preview, etc so that it is about twice as large -- making it easier on mobile devices. Plus looks more modern.

5) Changed the login redirect page, so that if a non-logged in user is directed to a "login first" page, they will now only see two options. Option 1) Create a new account, option 2) Login with your existing account. This makes it less confusing. Previously, you would see the Create new account option, combined with a Username/Password input box to login. Many people thought they were creating a new account by filling in those forms, when in fact the system thought they were trying to login.

As usual, please report any problems.

Mike

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Fixed a problem with link enhancement feature when the link was a FIO download section link.

This is a complex fix, it needs to be tested more. If you are visiting a thread page where a post contains a link to the FIO download area (ie: indicator in the Download area, not a post attachment) then you should just see the regular "un processed" URL, not the enhanced markup experience.

Prior to this fix, the entire post was not displaying (yikes).

Later, FIO download links will get the markup treatment.

Mike

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

I'm finishing up the code to automatically email newsletters with new questions, it will generate a list of random questions and it will be randomized across the entire user list, so we should get a wide dynamic coverage of all open questions and hopefully get some answers.

I feel a responsibility to help these fellow members get answers to their questions. We do a lot to encourage questions, we did to do an equal amount to encourage answers.

I was toying with the idea of a "reward" for those members who spend extra time to reply to these posts (threads with only 1 post count as an "unanswered question" -- true almost every time). Perhaps some sort of trophy or something or a point scoring system in their profile next to their posts?

Mike

Thanked by:
 Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 2,826
Thanks Received: 5,059

Big Mike View Post
I'm finishing up the code to automatically email newsletters with new questions, it will generate a list of random questions and it will be randomized across the entire user list, so we should get a wide dynamic coverage of all open questions and hopefully get some answers.

I feel a responsibility to help these fellow members get answers to their questions. We do a lot to encourage questions, we did to do an equal amount to encourage answers.

I was toying with the idea of a "reward" for those members who spend extra time to reply to these posts (threads with only 1 post count as an "unanswered question" -- true almost every time). Perhaps some sort of trophy or something or a point scoring system in their profile next to their posts?

Mike

Perhaps a percentage based system so for instance if you currently have 10 posts marked as questions and a user has been active on 6 of them attempting to help, then that user gets a 'kung fu level : 60%' or something. Anything over 80% tags him as gold, 60% silver, 40% bronze etc.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

New thread has a bug with arrow keys not functioning inside the topic title input box. Will add to my to-do list.

Mike

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Grantx View Post
Perhaps a percentage based system so for instance if you currently have 10 posts marked as questions and a user has been active on 6 of them attempting to help, then that user gets a 'kung fu level : 60%' or something. Anything over 80% tags him as gold, 60% silver, 40% bronze etc.

I was thinking about this today.

If we track a rolling count of how many unanswered questions are there over a time period, say 1 month... If we have on average 30 unanswered questions, and @bobwest or @Grantx answers 6 of them each at any given time, they would each get a score of 20/100 (20%). This percentage would change daily based on the current count of unanswered questions.

I think that is basically what you were saying, right?

As for the reward... I have to think of a way to code all this and implement it. Easiest would be just to start with a simple display in posts, anyone that has more than a 0 score it would display their score.

For the SQL, I think I would make a nightly cron that updates the current count of unanswered posts and an array of their postids. Nightly, it would check and as questions get answered, they would be removed from the array of unanswered, and then need to be moved to an answered array along with the timestamp of when it was answered, so we can only count them say on a monthly basis.

In the end, the score for each user would be to look at how many occurrences they have for their userid within the answered array and within a 1 month interval on the timestamp...

OK, let me see what I can do. This is important to me to get more people to answer questions.

Mike

Thanked by:

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Big Mike View Post

Sadly, after a whole day dedicated to the last 1% of this project... after finishing the first 99% and it working... I could not get the last mile to work. The function that sends the mail incorporated into vbulletin was (is) giving me a serious problem accepting my dynamic input. I've spent a full day trying to troubleshoot. For now, I am going to put it on hold and resume other things. I'll come back when I have a fresh mind to approach it.

Mike

Grantx 
Reading UK
Legendary no drama Llama

Experience: None
Thanks Given: 2,826
Thanks Received: 5,059

Yeah something like that. Perhaps a page on fio that lists the top contributors to answering questions and generally going the extra mile to be helpful. If you take a look at stack overflow there are reputation leagues where users earn gold,silver and bronze badges.
https://stackexchange.com/leagues/1/week/stackoverflow
But then you must ask yourself if that is enough to motivate users to put themselves out there and answer questions? Generally I find that engagement from others and being thanked for a useful post is encouraging.
Also something else to consider is the diversity of question categories such as short term scalping, swing trading, orderflow, psychology, algo developers etc... and when someone asks a question they define it under a certain category so that when you run your stats you can then determine which user has answered the most under that category. Example:

You run your stats and find that @bobwest has an 80% response rate to questions in the scalping category so any future questions falling under that category gets bob an honourable mention or something. That might be a motivational thing or not, I don't know. Just something to consider.

Big Mike View Post
I was thinking about this today.

If we track a rolling count of how many unanswered questions are there over a time period, say 1 month... If we have on average 30 unanswered questions, and @bobwest or @Grantx answers 6 of them each at any given time, they would each get a score of 20/100 (20%). This percentage would change daily based on the current count of unanswered questions.

I think that is basically what you were saying, right?

As for the reward... I have to think of a way to code all this and implement it. Easiest would be just to start with a simple display in posts, anyone that has more than a 0 score it would display their score.

For the SQL, I think I would make a nightly cron that updates the current count of unanswered posts and an array of their postids. Nightly, it would check and as questions get answered, they would be removed from the array of unanswered, and then need to be moved to an answered array along with the timestamp of when it was answered, so we can only count them say on a monthly basis.

In the end, the score for each user would be to look at how many occurrences they have for their userid within the answered array and within a 1 month interval on the timestamp...

OK, let me see what I can do. This is important to me to get more people to answer questions.

Mike

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Last Updated on April 15, 2024

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts