NexusFi: Find Your Edge

Home Menu

How has BMT affected your trading?

Discussion in Feedback and Announcements

Updated
      Top Posters
    1. looks_one Big Mike with 3 posts (5 thanks)
    2. looks_two bobwest with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    3. looks_3 PhDTrader with 1 posts (1 thanks)
    4. looks_4 Blister with 1 posts (0 thanks)
      Best Posters
    1. looks_one shodson with 7 thanks per post
    2. looks_two bnichols with 5 thanks per post
    3. looks_3 Massive l with 4 thanks per post
    4. looks_4 Big Mike with 1.7 thanks per post
    1. trending_up 8,147 views
    2. thumb_up 61 thanks given
    3. group 25 followers
    1. forum 33 posts
    2. attach_file 0 attachments

Search this Thread

How has BMT affected your trading?

rubyslippage 
Phoenix, AZ

Experience: Advanced
Platform: Multiple
Trading: CL, ES
Thanks Given: 26
Thanks Received: 509

As a beginner 5 years ago, I joined a trading forum and met some experienced traders who were incredibly generous with their time and knowledge. Thanks to those people I eventually found my way and with a lot of hard work, I developed a trading business plan and progressed to an advanced level of trading.

I was a very active member of that forum, but it became a rather toxic environment over the years. I still have many good friends from there and am regularly in touch with them, and for that I'm grateful to have been part of it, but once I found Big Mike's thanks to a friend's recommendation, I realized that this is the most positive and richly educational on-line trading environments I've ever seen.

Thanked by:

Can you help answer these questions
from other members on NexusFi?
Cheap historycal L1 data for stocks
Stocks and ETFs
Pivot Indicator like the old SwingTemp by Big Mike
NinjaTrader
Trade idea based off three indicators.
Traders Hideout
MC PL editor upgrade
MultiCharts
Better Renko Gaps
The Elite Circle

afranco562 
Los Angeles

Experience: Beginner
Platform: TradeStation / NJ
Trading: Futures
Thanks Given: 405
Thanks Received: 133

I first ran into futures.io (formerly BMT) searching the web for indicators, my first thoughts were that I could not believe that I am able to download all the indicators I want for only $50 when so many others were selling them for hundreds of dollars. I signed-up immediately and downloaded and downloaded dozens of indicators. I was just loving it! Little did I know that what was really helping my trading were other traders like my self and not any indicators, it took me few months for me to realize that the only indicator I needed was one called the futures.io (formerly BMT) indicator. I now only trade on a 5000 Volume chart with a 21smilple moving average and understanding price action so much better. I am now on the way of being profitable trader.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

eudamonia 
Sacramento, CA

Experience: None
Platform: None
Broker: ADM and Sierra Charts
Trading: ES, CL
Thanks Given: 308
Thanks Received: 449

There is really no other community of traders that are anywhere near as supportive as on this forum. The webinars are worth thousands of dollars by themselves, but the people who are here and contribute their thoughts, journals, successes, and failures make this site priceless.

Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
 djarum11 
Boston, MA

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Sierra Chart
Broker: EdgeClear
Trading: futures
Frequency: Many times daily
Duration: Minutes
Thanks Given: 25
Thanks Received: 28

transitioning from spot forex to the much more involved futures markets went much faster with the clear, helpful posts of this community. i am very thankful for the users' openness, the resources, and the webinars here.

BM has about a 90% noise reduction compared to the forex forum i was on the last several years. this is probably a function of the caliber of players that each market attracts as well.

thanks for all you do Mike. the very cheap $50 elite membership fee was a no-brainer for me from the start and 6mos later am 100% glad i joined.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Blister 
St. Augustine Florida

Platform: IB and Option Vue for options. NJ and IQFeed for mini day trading
Trading: ES
Thanks Given: 0
Thanks Received: 10

As a novice futures.io (formerly BMT) has helped me understand what I -don't- know.

Joining as an elite member took all of 10 hours.

_____
John

suko 
Kyoto, Japan
Market Wizard

Experience: Intermediate
Platform: TW TOS LiveVol
Broker: TD, TW, IB, Saxo
Trading: VXX, VIX, SPY
Thanks Given: 844
Thanks Received: 1,416

How has futures.io (formerly BMT) affected my trading?

As a novice?

I have pretty much stopped trading and cut back the size of my trading account by an order of magnitude.

I read the stuff in this forum and I realize I don't know nothin'. WTF are people talking about?

I don't understand the language you all speak. It's like a difficult foreign language. Fascinating, but "it's all Greek to me." Or Japanese.

There was a day when written Japanese looked the same way to me. Long ago. Just a bunch of weird looking inscrutable squiggles on paper. It's taken me a lot of time, hard work, and determination, but nowadays I can make sense of Japanese and earn a living from it.

So that's the challenge presented to me by you all here at futures.io (formerly BMT). To learn something difficult and deep and make some money after a lot of hard work.

Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Reply With Quote
 MeanBean 
San Francisco, CA

Platform: my fist
Broker: DDT
Trading: cement
Thanks Given: 39
Thanks Received: 56

Taught me to always look for the worst trade, not something I would have found on my own

the meanest bean of all,
MeanBean
LogicalTrader
Houston, TX

Thanks Given: 1,420
Thanks Received: 757

If you are not part of a prop trading firm, a hedge fund or even 4 guys in a loft trading together, you are trading in a vacuum if you are not part of futures.io (formerly BMT) and you have no idea what real trading is all about.

If you think about it, if most people did what I did to get into trading, a search in google brings up various "educators" selling "services" and we try them one after another, most of the time believing that the "educator" definitely knows his stuff and even though he is a millionaire, he is sharing his "secret" out of sheer goodness. We run after secret indicators that are supposed to show the way towards millions of dollars all the while thinking that it is something out there that I dont have that makes money and I will find it.

Only after coming to futures.io (formerly BMT) and soaking up page after page of the knowledge that has been selflessly given away here did I realize that all that I thought I knew to be true since I quit my very well paid full time job 4 years ago to become a trader was wrong. Got to zero in though - find traders in the same markets with trading ideas that make sense to you and learn - thats what I did here at futures.io (formerly BMT) and I can honestly say I am waaaay further into my trading career than I was 3 months ago.

I am so appreciative of Big Mike keeping all the threads free of all the BS thus making the time spent really meaningful and worthwhile

For me, it has been a blessing to have found futures.io (formerly BMT) and I intend to pay it forward.

Big Mike 
Manta, Ecuador
Site Administrator
Developer
Swing Trader

Platform: Custom solution
Broker: IBKR
Trading: Stocks & Futures
Frequency: Every few days
Duration: Weeks
Thanks Given: 33,247
Thanks Received: 101,669

LogicalTrader View Post
For me, it has been a blessing to have found futures.io (formerly BMT) and I intend to pay it forward.

We have a smiley for that

:bmt:

Mike

Join the free Markets Chat beta: one platform, all the trade rooms!

We're here to help: just ask the community or contact our Help Desk

Quick Links: Change your Username or Register as a Vendor
Searching for trading reviews? Review this list
Lifetime Elite Membership: Sign-up for only $149 USD
Exclusive money saving offers from our Site Sponsors: Browse Offers
Report problems with the site: Using the NexusFi changelog thread
Follow me on Twitter Visit my NexusFi Trade Journal Started this thread Reply With Quote
 mykee 
Johor, Malaysia

Platform: Sierra Chart
Trading: CL, GC
Thanks Given: 1,380
Thanks Received: 187

The Webinars are great. That was one reason I joined. The journals are just amazing. Most important of all, it is the people who are willing to share that makes futures.io (formerly BMT) remarkable. I sincerely thank all of you, and Big Mike for making this possible.

mykee

Last Updated on February 28, 2014

© 2024 NexusFi™, s.a., All Rights Reserved.
Av Ricardo J. Alfaro, Century Tower, Panama City, Panama, Ph: +507 833-9432 (Panama and Intl), +1 888-312-3001 (USA and Canada)
All information is for educational use only and is not investment advice. There is a substantial risk of loss in trading commodity futures, stocks, options and foreign exchange products. Past performance is not indicative of future results.
About Us - Contact Us - Site Rules, Acceptable Use, and Terms and Conditions - Privacy Policy - Downloads - Top
no new posts